Our sister GOT ATTACKED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We do not know if it were a hate crime. We have no facts. We do not know if a crime has been committed as there is no documentation.

In the US the color of man's skin means everything. Ask the mother of any black man. Not too long ago a woman accused a black man of kidnapping her children. There was a national search for a black man driving with two underage children; the woman had drowned her children and used the excuse of a big black man.

I do not wish Muslims to fall into the trap of racism. If the young girl is telling the truth she fears nothing. Let the truth be told with facts and documentation.

When a posting of this nature is read without pertinent facts it leads to blind speculation. There is nothing that would make one think it was a hate crime.
Black men are raised by women of color. They will not harm a woman, and especially one who is a Believer.

I am greatly disturbed by this. This makes no sense. A black man using public transportation would be shot dead in NYC on the spot.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
According to the National Center for Victims of Crime, the Office for Victims of Crime, and the National Crime Prevention Center, a hate crime is defined as the victimization of an individual based on his or her race, religion, national origin, ethnic identification, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.

Hate crimes also include acts such as physical assaults, assaults with weapons, harassment, vandalism, robbery, rape, verbal harassment, attacks on home and places of workship.

Hate crimes can occur anywhere: in school, the workplace, a public space, and the home. Those who commit these acts come from all socioeconomic backgrounds and from different age groups.

http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/AGP.Net/Components/documentViewer/Download.aspxnz?DocumentID=46842

According to the NYPD Hate Crime Task Force and in accordance with the New York State Penal Law, in accordance with the above definition also states that although slander falls under the category of freedom of speech, if someone calls a person a hateful name because of their race alone....and then ASSAULTS THEM, it then becomes a hate crime.

Black men are raised by women of color. They will not harm a woman, and especially one who is a Believer.

I greatly disagree.

I myself have been a victim of a similar situation.

And trust me, no one cared that I was a "Believer" irrespective of what their upbringing was like.

Good or bad, generalizations blind individuals to what really goes on. There are good and bad in every single group. No one can claim 100% certainty in either category.

A black man using public transportation would be shot dead in NYC on the spot.

Again, not true. The spectrum of offenses where individuals have gotten off scott-free (and yes, individuals of EVERY color) range from laughable to downright unbelievable.

The man was spewing hate words against Muslims and Islam

Spewing hate words against Muslims and Islam combined with physical assault.

Sister, this is most DEFINITELY a hate crime and classifying it as anything else does it injustice. The color of the criminal does not change the nature of the crime. It is still an offense and must be responded to, whether the person is white, black, tan, purple or neon.

If you're questioning the validity of such an incident due to the lack of media attention on it, that would be one thing. I wondered the same myself. However, if this situation did indeed happen this falls into the category of not only the NYPD's definition of a hate crime but of the United States' definition as well.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We have nothing but hearsay. There is no evidence. That is all I am stating. Before everyone jumps on the speculation wagon have the facts in hand. There is no proof and here everyone is on the march.

So in essence we have a woman who was attacked by no provocation on a subway by a big black man while people watched. She did not receive any injuries, no police report was filed, no visit to the physician or hospital. Yet, she was bloody. A black man spewed anti-Muslim words to her, but no-one heard them.

Now we have a big black man who attacks Muslim women in NYC on the subway while people watch in sheer amazement. Does not make sense.

Make it make sense. And this is being spread around the world. Why did she not contact the police?

This is serious. This is no joke.

Please someone tell the sister if this is true do the right thing. Make a report. Too many days have passed. Who turned this into a hate crime. That is pure speculation.

It disgusts me that we have so many racists here.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

I don´t understand what is big problem here. Un-known man attacked against muslim sister. What kind of proofs we need here in forum more than word of this brother who posted original post?

From first post:

After Hadir came out on the platform bleeding and crying, a woman saw her and called the police who took 10 minutes to come, then they took her to the ER. She came out of the hospital after 2 days, she had many bruises and an almost broken nose.

May Allah help and protect her and all our sisters. :tti_sister:

Kakorot

Assalaam walaikum,

We have nothing but hearsay. There is no evidence. That is all I am stating. Before everyone jumps on the speculation wagon have the facts in hand. There is no proof and here everyone is on the march.

So in essence we have a woman who was attacked by no provocation on a subway by a big black man while people watched. She did not receive any injuries, no police report was filed, no visit to the physician or hospital. Yet, she was bloody. A black man spewed anti-Muslim words to her, but no-one heard them.

Now we have a big black man who attacks Muslim women in NYC on the subway while people watch in sheer amazement. Does not make sense.

Make it make sense. And this is being spread around the world. Why did she not contact the police?

This is serious. This is no joke.

Please someone tell the sister if this is true do the right thing. Make a report. Too many days have passed. Who turned this into a hate crime. That is pure speculation.

It disgusts me that we have so many racists here.

Okay, no-one's racist. :astag:

If you got attacked by a big black/white/asian man and the police wanted a description, how would you describe him? It doesn't matter if the guy is black or white, the issue that we should be concerned about is that our sister in Islam was attacked by him.

rose3

ya Allah
may Allah strengthen our sister and strengthen the Muslims in all over the world

BegumRehana

This is really badddd :( May Allah ease this sisters pain and May Allah always reward this sister for all the hardship she has gone through, ameen!!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Why use Black man? That is what we have fought for so many years. Racism is alive and well in the US.

If the readers can not understand what I am saying you need to wake up. If you wish to understand living in the US, you have to have an understanding of why using the adjective Black is wrong. There is a lot of history.

I do wish for the perpetrator to be caught. A wrong is a wrong. She was attacked without provocation. She was a total victim of aggression against women and Muslims.

The reason I am asking for more proof i.e what was the cause of the attack.. not that I doubt the brother but cases like this lead to more violence.

We have to be sure without a doubt that the attack was not provoked.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Why use Black man? That is what we have fought for so many years. Racism is alive and well in the US.

If the readers can not understand what I am saying you need to wake up. If you wish to understand living in the US, you have to have an understanding of why using the adjective Black is wrong. There is a lot of history.

I do wish for the perpetrator to be caught. A wrong is a wrong. She was attacked without provocation. She was a total victim of aggression against women and Muslims.

The reason I am asking for more proof i.e what was the cause of the attack.. not that I doubt the brother but cases like this lead to more violence.

If you live in the US and have stepped outside your house you will know the racism that exists here.

I have concerns about race issues. And I find it very hard to understand an unprovoked attack by a black man. That does not happen. And I stand by that.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

Assalaam walaikum,

If you live in the US and have stepped outside your house you will know the racism that exists here.

I have concerns about race issues. And I find it very hard to understand an unprovoked attack by a black man. That does not happen. And I stand by that.

My final words on this....

You said you find it hard to understand an unprovoked attack by a black man ..would you understand it better if it was a white man? Aren't you then just turning the very same atittude (you're assuming we have), on its head but pointing it at white people? I would have trouble understanding why any individual of any race or religion would want to attack another human being.

Human beings are capable of unprovoked attacks, white people (off white, pale white, cream white, pinky white) and people of colour (black or brown or tan or yellow or whatever) are all human beings and also capable. Using those adjectives doesn't make me a racist.

Reminds me of this thread a gang of black youth were responsible for those crimes specifically against Muslims. This happened more than once during that time period.

The purpose of the thread was to raise awareness of what happened, not to play detectives and ask questions which are only relevant to the ones investigating.

I hope this incident reaches the authorities and they call witnesses and a full investigation is carried out. Influencing this is not within any of our capacity except perhaps Sister ShahnazZ and Brother helpinghumanity who appear to be at closer range to any possible procedings. We trust the word of helpinghumanity as a brother in deen that this incident happened, we all agree that whoever was responsible deserves punishment whatever their colour or religion might be.

Lets focus on du'aas for the sister and her family, any race related posts from now will be removed.

Wa-salaam

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

This thread is about sister been attacked, not color of attacker. To me it is same if he is orange!

Dear sister Aapa calm down there. It is just same what was color of attacker. Some green man has attacked against our sister in Islam.

Is mention of "color" racism in there? :astag: And we all should feel we are not in from some race but from human race and sister and brothers together.

I will faint!

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
No one color or people of the world are flawless - if *any* color person did this, it's terrible. Why is there so much disbelief that any certain person of color could have done this crime? Crimes happen everywhere, by people from all walks of life.

limitthesky

I have some issues with this thread. Before i start hashing them out, I ask that Allah protect the sister and keep her safe, and help her through this difficult time.

We do not know if it were a hate crime. We have no facts. We do not know if a crime has been committed as there is no documentation.

In the US the color of man's skin means everything. Ask the mother of any black man. Not too long ago a woman accused a black man of kidnapping her children. There was a national search for a black man driving with two underage children; the woman had drowned her children and used the excuse of a big black man.

I do not wish Muslims to fall into the trap of racism. If the young girl is telling the truth she fears nothing. Let the truth be told with facts and documentation.

So if a tree falls in a forest it makes no sound? Just because nobody was there to document it and record it? Why are testimonies important in court if there was no worth to a person's words? It's completely stupid to compare a criminal who hurt another to a person who's been attacked. What, so she hurt herself, made herself bleed, and came out onto a platform and blamed a black man? Not even a child would believe that.

It's not an excuse, but a description. So seriously, what 'facts' and 'documentation' would be good enough?

There is nothing that would make one think it was a hate crime.

Let's see, where's the facts and documentation of this? How about saying I saw just yesterday a *gasp* yes, black man physically assault a woman he was with in the front of a public library with many people surrounding him, multiple times until he was yelled at to stop fighting and finally ran out of the library. The woman got up and had blood dripping from her head, and yes was quite injured. Trying to class all people as either good or bad from a race is just blind, and provocation or not, this did not change his color.

But maybe having seen it in front of my very own eyes is not fact enough.

Okay so we can't file a criminal case ourselves, we cannot do a lot of things, but how much verification does hearsay need when the brother himself has spoken with people to confirm it? And how many facts does it need before a human being can console and send condolences to another human being for an attack that quite possibly occurred? What, next time a sister says she's been injured I'm going to ask for her medical records to prove it? There is such a thing called trust.

Aapa said:

Hmm what does the first post say?

After Hadir came out on the platform bleeding and crying, a woman saw her and called the police who took 10 minutes to come, then they took her to the ER. She came out of the hospital after 2 days, she had many bruises and an almost broken nose. Alhamdulillah she is fine but naturally extremely shaken emotionally and psychologically by what happened. She is also in physical pain. She is very afraid of going back on the train as anyone of us would be in her shoes. She is asking everyone to make du’aa that her attacker gets caught. One witness took a video of the man but it was after the attack. They do know what he looks like though, alhamdulillah.

Aapa said:

Sure it makes sense; it's called the “Bystander Effect". A well accepted phenomena; it would be good to look it up if you get the chance.

Well, let's see. Golly. Coz it's easier than saying he wasn't white, or Asian, or Mexican, or Pacific Islander, or Martian etc. Who wants to play a guessing game? And the only reason it was mentioned was as a description (and once at that!)!

I grew up in the US and sure, we refer to it as "African American" rather than black, which is what they also did in this article. So again, the allegations of even using the adjective 'black' is wrong and unfounded. Just like the things you say against people here. Like:

Aapa said:

It is just presumptuous and rude. I hope you realize that. Nobody here denied racism, but because we don’t fit your bill you find it okay to throw assumptions on everyone.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Is problem that we should use word African-American instead "black"? I don´t know well how sensitive different sects of americans can be.

May Allah curse this single African-American who made violence against our sister of Islam and insulted Islam.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

That's true. Why are we arguing with ourselves? It's disgusting how a single crime by one person against a member of our ummah has us defending the person responsible! We should concentrate on ourselves and our ummah. Why is it so easy for us to start defending the outside party, when we should be defending our sister in Islam? As rightly stated above, when one of the muslim women's aura was exposed by the enemies of Islam back in the day, the muslims did not stand around saying the people who did this weren't to blame. Let's at least stand united, if we can't do naught else.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Yes I'm closing this.

EDIT: And can we please stop derailing others' threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.