Outlandish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

truefaith101

~*~I Love Islam~*~
:salam2:
i've been looking through youtube for islamic songs/nasheeds...
i found that the group Outlandish has a song called Any Given Time that is a very nice reminder that Allah is always with close to us no matter where we are.
But here's the thing, the song has many instruments playing in it and i heard it's haram to listen to that kinda of stuff, but i like the message the song is sending...
does anyone know a link that has these type of songs without the instruments playing in them, liked they're removed or something, i cause i don't want to sin by listening to it even though i'm not trying to enjoy the beat, i just want to use the song as inspiration when i'm working.
jazakumallahu khieran
salam

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
i've been looking through youtube for islamic songs/nasheeds...
i found that the group Outlandish has a song called Any Given Time that is a very nice reminder that Allah is always with close to us no matter where we are.
But here's the thing, the song has many instruments playing in it and i heard it's haram to listen to that kinda of stuff, but i like the message the song is sending...
does anyone know a link that has these type of songs without the instruments playing in them, liked they're removed or something, i cause i don't want to sin by listening to it even though i'm not trying to enjoy the beat, i just want to use the song as inspiration when i'm working.
jazakumallahu khieran
salam

No it doesnt exist without music im afraid :cool: BUT :) you dont need your inspiration from outlandish - surely?!!!!

Doris

bismilah,

Please akhi/ukhti stay away from music. Music is haram , haram three times haram. is the most powerful tool of shaytaan in today's world to make us fall into sins and loose our imaan. there is no such a thing as haram/non haram music. The sahaba and the sahabiyaat in the time of the Prophet alyhee salam were real men and women they were not in need of music or nesheeds. The extreme sufis and the shias brought this idea of nasheeds among the muslims. even this website on the left side has nasheeds, the modarators should remove them insha'Allah.Again, music is haram!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Slow downplease...let us not point fingers at the sufi's and the shia's and the whoknowns whats. Let us be Muslims and only Muslims. When I am able to be near a Muslim I do not ask are you a_______? I say As Salaam Walaikum and hug my sister.
As for music..is not the recital of the Quran often music?
My brothers and sisters we need a unifed ummath and not sects pointing fingers.

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
salam alaykum

astagfirulah brother mirajmom..how can you say the quran is music? do you hear any instaruments playing when its recited...please choose your words carefully!! and yes brother the extreme sufis and shias did go a bit far with nasheeds and started includiong it into the dee...these people have gone far away from the guidance and it is just as the prophet said..one day when he was with his sahaba he drew a line into the sand and asked the sahaba do you know hat this line is? they said allah and his messenger know best he said this is the straight path and then drew lines coming from the sides of the line and said muslims will split up into sects just as the jews and christians split up into sects...so im afraid we should not knowingly unite with people of desires and innovations as its haram

wa salam

Doris

Asalamu Ailkum ua rahmetullah.

Dear MirajMom with all due respect for your age and status, we must understand that islam came to separate shrik from kufr. Yhe Prophet alayhee salam came to divide sunah from bid'ah, and the Qur'an islam from all other systems of life. As for being just muslims today is not enough. Why? all claim that. The fasiq, the munafiq, the innovators etc. When you ask the folowers of Gulama Ahmad of Kadiyan whatare you? they sya muslims. They pray five times, give zakat, visit Baytul Haram, fast etc. But they thei aqeedah of kufr says that the Prophet is not the last one but the best one. So how do we make catigorize them my mother? as muslims upon the right path or tell the non-muslims yes this is another form of islam? so yes Sufis are away from the sunnah, the shias don't even accept sahih bukhari, or any other book from the ahadith books. They say Abu Hurayrah took his hadiths from the Yahood ue nayadhu bilah. Many of them say A'ishah outr noble mother astagfirullah is a prostitute, like the yahood about Maryam Umm Issa alayhimusatu ue salam So my mother yes, islam came to separate, sunnah separates the Prophet alayhee salam came to make people understand these differences. So we understand what is islam by knowing What is Not Islam. Ue Bilahi Taufiq. Jazakallahu khayran.

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
salam alaykum

astagfirulah brother mirajmom..how can you say the quran is music? do you hear any instaruments playing when its recited...please choose your words carefully!!

Jazaki Allah Khair sister for your concern. I think sister mirajmom meant ''qunwah'', the talent when reciting the qur'an with tajweed...

(Allahu a'alam)

:wasalam:

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
salam alaykum

ummm sis they aint nasheeds that for sure even they say so themselves ...music is haram!!!!

abou haytam

Salaam,

Slow downplease...let us not point fingers at the sufi's and the shia's and the whoknowns whats. Let us be Muslims and only Muslims. When I am able to be near a Muslim I do not ask are you a_______? I say As Salaam Walaikum and hug my sister.
As for music..is not the recital of the Quran often music?
My brothers and sisters we need a unifed ummath and not sects pointing fingers.

Salam sister,

i don t agree with you sister, we must know who are shia and who are suffi and who are following the sunna of our prophet (pbuh).the split of the ummah is a reality and our prophet ( pbuh) informed us about it. Here are the hadeeth.

It was reported from ‘Awf ibn Maalik who said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Jews were divided into seventy-one sects, one of which is in Paradise and seventy are in the Fire. The Christians were divided into seventy-two sects, seventy-one of which are in the Fire and one is in Paradise. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, my Ummah will be divided into seventy-three sects, one of which will be in Paradise and seventy-two will be in the Fire.” It was said, O Messenger of Allaah, who are they? He said, “Al-Jamaa’ah.” Sunan Ibn Maajah, no. 3982.

What is meant by al-Jamaa’ah is the ‘aqeedah and actions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his Companions.

By my humble understanding suffi is a group, shia is a group sunna is a group, ahmadia is a group, bahai is a group, dourouz is a group....etc. one and JUST ine of those are in the rigth path.

I think you should know who is the saved one.

wa salam

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
outlandish are geart and very inspiring!! i am a 19 year old and I love hearing their nasheeds they are beautiful! x

outlandish are pathetic and very disturbing, the only thing they inspire ME too do is puke. i am an 18 year old and I hate hearing thier 'nasheeds' they are disgusting!! x

ps whats age got to do with anything? :confused:

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum.

I think we've come to a sort of conclusion now. THere are many countless threads on TTI which talk about and discuss the topic of Music. IF you need more information please look them up.

As for our policy we don't accept any requests for artists or whatever they like to call themselves who use Music. This includes Sami Yusuf, Yusuf Islam (if he has music in it), Zain Bhikha (again if he uses Music in them), Outlandish, 786... etc

You know who they are if you listen to them.

Therefore, if this topic has been taken through enough, I'm closing this thread. I don't want anyone to actually then go and place a link for something which I just mentioned goes against our policy.

We also do not allow any music videos of thiers, however, if you find it on the forum and it is not deleted... then please inform a Moderator and we'll take care of it insha'allah.

barakallahu feekum

-thread closed-

wasalam

wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.