Outraged!!!!

Waseem203

Young Muslim
:salam2:

I am angry beyond limits right now -- we went to a pizza store to eat--well pizza. They claimed that they had halal veal pepperoni, and to make the story short, it ended up being pig. The store was run by Arab Christians. I literally made them return the money for my pizza after I found out but I am still outraged and my parents are too. Is it possible to press charges for lieing on a dietray perspective? Tnaks.
:wasalam:

irish_muslim_08

I am angry beyond limits right now -- we went to a pizza store to eat--well pizza. They claimed that they had halal veal pepperoni, and to make the story short, it ended up being pig. The store was run by Arab Christians. I literally made them return the money for my pizza after I found out but I am still outraged and my parents are too. Is it possible to press charges for lieing on a dietray perspective? Tnaks.

Asalamualeykum,

That is terrible that they did that, I can imagine how angry you were. The best thing to do, is simply not go back, and incourage you friends etc to do the same. You could go down the legal route, but the best way for a restaurant to succeed is through word of mouth, the same goes for a restaurant to suufer....this is my advice. Simply don't go back!

Wasalam.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
this happens in my husband's country very frequently :( As only 70% of population are muslims.

I would warn people by word of mouth and report it to a local paper.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Personally, I would not eat anything from a Christain restaurant that subsitutes pork for other meats. Because you just never know. If I were to eat at their restaurants I would stick to things that are easy to identify as not being pork like chicken and things of that nature. Alot, of people will lie to make a sale so be careful.

One time in Seattle I went to pizza hut and ordered a meat lovers pizza and said remove all of the pork. (I said it this way to get the other toppings and avoid added each thing separately making it costly.) Well, anyways the waitress left sausage of the pizza. I told her to take it back. She said why there is not any pork. I told her this is italian sausage and that is pork. She said "Oh I thought it came from a cow" :biggrin: some people have no idea. lol Also, I would double check everything at restaurants. At Cracker Barrel they put pork in the corn muffins. :astag: I did not know that until I chuncked them down for months.:( Until one day my husband wanted gravy and asked did it have pork. The lady said yes, they make it with pork. Then she looked at me and said mam those corn muffins you ordered have pork in them. I could have died.

I would probably just spread the word about the restaurant to whomever you know so you can help avoid this happening to them, inshallah. I do not know if telling the media about it how much that will help. The restaurant will probably deny they ever told you that. But, inshallah next time be more cautious not eating at muslim restaurants and ordering items that normally would be made with pork. Again you never know.

Akilah

I would report it to the better business bureau and to the food inspection office (the one's that do the restaurant health inspections).

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Salam

My father is just as angry about this as I am, his good friend is a lawer and he actually told me that you can press charges. Hundreds of Muslims eat at this restaruant weekely expecting what there eating is halal. I am not going to simply let this trail off and let my word do all the work --my father does plan to press charges and he is going to the resteruant tommorow.

Salam.

butterflymuslima

Pizza at home!

PLEASE don't eat pizza out!!! I worked at a pizzahut as a teenager. They make things in such a hurry that the toppings get all mixed up and there is a chances that pork could be in everything! I know this isn't what you want to hear... but it's true!

Pizza @ home:

Pre-made crusts
Alfredo sauce or tomato

You can add chicken, fresh spinach, sundried tomatoes, olives anything you want!!!!!!! It's cheaper and you know what's in your kitchen!

pcozzy

Yes you can complain to department of health in your state. Suggest to them that these people only do it to muslim appearing people. So they don't send just anybody which these clowns would change their pitch or deny it. The other people you can contact is local newspaper (which is not a big influence), the news stations in your area. Sometimes these news stations will send an investigative reporter to check it out.

I am not a sheik, but I think if you take these actions it will be considered as Dawaa. Believe it or not people see things outside of their norm and get curious to find out why, and if this gets any public attention, then you are spreading the message in sha Allah.

*FatimaFilsan*

Salam

My father is just as angry about this as I am, his good friend is a lawer and he actually told me that you can press charges. Hundreds of Muslims eat at this restaruant weekely expecting what there eating is halal. I am not going to simply let this trail off and let my word do all the work --my father does plan to press charges and he is going to the resteruant tommorow.

Salam.

I think this is a good idea so that they will learn a lesson. Also, do you guys have evidence, you know they could deny and say that they never served you pepperoni in your pizza. So before you go on with it try to have a strong case with evidence.

pcozzy

By the way where I live there is a handful of hallal meat stores. A person complained to the news that the meat is not hallal. Fox, news I never care to watch, investigated this complaint. They revealed that 2 or 3 places were not selling hallal meat but clearly advertised that the meat is hallal. The next thing know, ABC, NBC joined in and advertised how these few stores were deceiving people and even tried to explain the reason in which muslims consider what is hallal meat. Now there are checks and balances taking place on these stores that claim their product is one thing and it is not.

Just to note about how a large number of cows are killed in the USA. They take something like a railroad pin it's about 7 inches long and 1 inch in diameter and has a point. They take that and a hammer and punch the cow on the top of the head with it, a few minutes later the cow falls over. Thats how they butcher the cow here. After find this out I rely on stores that sell hallal meat. You know when meat is hallal or not because hallal meat will not have a lot of blood in it.

wa alaikum salaam

subhanallah, I am scared now...in US, there are few pizza shops who claim they sell turkey pepperoni.....I hope we did not get screwed.