Pakistan Independence Day Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpinghumanity

Pakistan Independence Day Parade was held in Manhattan New York on 24 August 2008. I was the official leader of the Parade.

This video comprises of both video clips and photos. It also contains my interview with ALI MUJAHID who is the correspondent of THE NEWS PAKISTAN. This interview is in Urdu. This is my first ever time giving an interview in URDU.

ZahidKhanBryant2457.jpg

I hope you will enjoy the video.

video removed

Brief interview with ALI MUJAHID in URDU....

[yt]1b5Lx8Gw9tI[/yt]

helpinghumanity

what has pakistan independence got to do with this...

couldn't u fink abut a nice topic then dis one?

Well Pakistan Independence Day Parade will remind us about the struggles and hardship that those people faced in order to gain a place where Muslims can follow their religion.

But unfortunately, Pakistan has been ruled by such rulers whose only interests was PERSONAL GAINS. It will remind us and will unite us that the main slogan of PAKISTAN was PAKISTAN KA MUTLAB KIA (wht does Pakistan mean) "la-illa ha illalah".

Therefore we need to get rid of these rulers. Because a stronger Pakistan means a stronger UMMA....the stability of Pakistan means the stability of the umma....

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

I don't understand the question. What has Pakistan's independence got to do with WHAT? You'll have to elaborate on what you're asking.

Salem9022

I think he means what does the Pakistani day parade have to do with this forum? not all of us here are Pakistanis and we can care less about this parade. Maybe you should have put this thread in a Pakistani forum instead of an Islamic forum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother the video was sweet.

People this is the first day of Ramadan. If you do not wish to read the post move on. Stop.
Take time to be kind and sweet and open your hearts. If you can not say anything nice do not say anything at all.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I think he means what does the Pakistani day parade have to do with this forum? not all of us here are Pakistanis and we can care less about this parade.

Then why are you reading this post? If it's such an issue for you then I suggest you move on. He had his own reason for posting it and since you seem to be unaware that Pakistan was created on the basis of Islamic freedom and can hence be relevant to this board, you should just skip reading it then.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Wow looks like you sure had a good time in your life brother Zahid. :) Mashallah too you were the one leading the parade. :ma: Maybe one day when they have some sort of Islamic Parade all the brothers and sisters can do Namaaz on the streets and I can be the Imam! Cool!

Your like what? 18 years old brother Zahid? Wow that's weird that your older than me but I have more of a beard than you do. LoL. :D (Actually it's curly on the sides of my face and it's starting to grow, but it's barely visible any where else unless I pull it out and stick my neck out, LoL.)

The only Pakistani brothers that I ever really see (besides the "cool" Amreecan ones)
like like this:

Taliban_2.jpg

But hey, that's at the masjid. :D And yeah I look like that too (and that's a good thing too, on my part. tehe...). :) Oh well I like Afganistan anyway. The clothes, the culture (not the Haraam ones, and if you know what I mean don't say it either), the long beards, the Pagrees, the simple life. ALL OF IT DESCRIBES ME! LoL. :lol: :ma:

But I think that what Salem means when he said that is that he's saying by his opinion that Pakistan Independence Day has nothing to do with Islam, so he means why are you posting something that's Patriotic, which doesn't really have anything to do with Islam....

But hey, I'm just telling you what he meant. I'm not going to take sides anyone, and some people do see this as a Nationalist/Patriotic thing more than a celebration for the Birth of an Islamic Country, but I beleive brother Zahid more on his opinion (and I actually like that more too) :).

But anyway take care Zahid Bhai (and you too ShahnazZ Baji), and all the other Bhais and Bajis.

helpinghumanity

salam to all

After reading a lot of comments regarding this post on TTI I decided to write this reply. I am in complete agreement that this website is for ISLAMIC DISCUSSIONS.

But if you see the section in which post is posted. its called NEWS AND CURRENTAFFAIRS... and this post has something in it which qualifies it for this section. I guess u will get it wht i mean to say

There are numerous reasons for this post. I myself don't want to say all of them. Because i want you guys to fiquare it out. However i will give few of the reason.

According to the COPS and Officials, nearly 40 thousands people attended this gathering. A huge flock of people. isn't it????????....

So if we can come in such great numbers then why can't we unite. Why is there no one at MUSLIM DAY PARADE (last year i went and was startled at the no of people). Why we don't pay attention to many more other issues.

If we can come together on Pakistan Day Parade with that much audience, then why can't we give our one stand on various issues.

Secondly, how local public is feeling about the leader of the country. No one asked for the translation of the interview so i didn't posted. TTI member who can comprehend URDU wht i m talking about.

And there are various reasons besides just showing the parade.....

salam
your brother in ISLAM
ZAHID KHAN

palestine

Servant of Allah
ok i didn't understand a spoken word. but anyhow i'm not pakistani and i do very much CARE, OR SHOULD I SAY I CARE MORE THAN I SHOULD. so those who say that non pakistanis could care less, you're wrong. from my childhood i've supported pakistan, and palestine and all the muslim lands. i don't look at race, RATHER I SEARCH FOR THE ONES WHO ARE MUSLIMS AND WHO WANT TO BRING BACK THE DEEN. i don't judge people by their skin. like the saying "Islam is stronger than color"!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sweet brother, I do not know if you read an earlier post of mine on this subject. My father was influential in assisting to organize one of the first, if not the first, parade. We were a small group in those days. I think it was in the very early 1990's. I actually drove up to NYC. Keep up the good work.

It saddens me to see spoil sports. Yet, that is what we are facing on TTI lately. Do not let those who are spoil sports deter you from what you are doing.

Do not let them get you upset.

As for the spoil sports. Please show some manners. It is sickening. Each time we have a thread there you guys go. Seriously, it makes me think that you were the kids who were never picked for activities in school. Let and let live.
This is immaturity and nothing else.

This site is too valuable for this nonsense.

Shahzad

i will try translating that interview inshALLAH. Its first ramzan here today and i have just come to work at 12:50 PM... lol.

Brother saleem: its not nationalism, plz try to understand. Pakistan was founded on basis of Islam and it has important role to play in upcoming events in near future and we all know that its the ONLY muslim atomic power.

Yep we need good leaders. I had posted a thread abt muslim renaissance and will continue that inshALLAH. We will be able to find a way out and get on single platform.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Bismillaah,

As-salaamu `alaykum.

Some of these replies are inappropriate, this is Ramadan people; a time to work on our speech and actions and not to destroy them. The prophet sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam said,

"Fasting is not (merely abstaining) from eating and drinking, rather it is (abstaining) from ignorant and indecent speech, so if anyone abuses or behaves ignorantly with you then say:, 'I am fasting, I am fasting'"
[Ibn Khuzaymah]

And he, sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam, said,

"It may be that a fasting person gains nothing but hunger and thirst from his fasting"
[Ibn Maajah]

This is a reminder first and foremost, to myself as well as you; if you don't have anything good to say, then remain silent as the `Arabs use to say, 'If speech is from silver, then silence is golden'. And there are many aayaat and ahaadeeth that are in agreement with this proverb. And remember, giving advice is from the praiseworthy speech so with an issue like this, advise as oppose to making abrupt, harsh statements that show your disagreement.

Regarding the issue in hand, then I'd like to say primarily to the dear brother who posted this, that any event which repeats itself or returns, by either time (i.e. anually) or place (i.e. in the masjid for jumu`ah), is considered an `Eed (celebration; the root of the `Arabic word `Eed corresponds to the English, return or repeat). Literally, the word `Eed means 'to return or repeat (something)'. The Messenger of Allaah, `alayhi salaatu was-salaam, forbade us from observing/participating in any such celebrations other than the `Eid ul-Fitr and the `Eid ul-Adhaa.

Now if something is based upon opposition to the Messenger, is there any (overall) good in it? No, of course not. There may be some aspects of these parades that have good in them, but remember that the Messenger, sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam guided us to every good and warned us from every evil. It seems to be a common thought that some unity is established in such parades, whereby an example is set for the Muslims to unite, yet it is clear that the unity of the Muslims is dependant on their adherance to the Qur'aan and Sunnah, adherence to tawheed. What united the two opposing tribes of the Ansaar, the Khazraj and Al-`Aws was indeed tawheed; the `aqeedah of Islaam. Furthering the issue of unity, the Prophet sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam said,

"Establish your lines straight. By Allaah, either you establish your lines (straight), or Allaah will cause dissension in your hearts."
[Abu Daawood]

"Straighten your lines or Allaah will cause diessension to appear upon your faces."
[Al-Bukhaaree & Muslim]

Sadly in every Pakistani dominant masjid I've been to in the UK, Kashmir or Pakistan, the rows are as crooked as can be. Where is the call for unity here? Wallaahi, the Muslims will attain more unity in adhering to the sunan of the Messenger, `alayhi salaatu was-salaam, then they would attain in these parades and their likes. Yet, you find that we tend to forget about the practices of our Prophet, sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam, and adopt innovated methodologies which never achieve the goals we aspire. Further yet, the best of examples is of course in the life of Muhammad sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam. After the Muslims had established themselves in Madeenah following the torture they suffered, and after the conquest of Makkah, the Prophet sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam, didn't see it fit to celebrate and introduce holidays for these days. May Allaah have mercy upon the Imaams of the Salaf who used to stress stopping at where the Messenger, `alayhi salaatu was-salaam, stopped.

Lastly, we all know the extent of the appearance of evil in demonstrations, parades and even celebrations. I'm referring to the music, the free mixing, the inappropriately dressed sisters and everything else;

I hope this can be taken as an advise, without any offense. And before talking about the good acheived on these days, please first consider in this blessed month of ours, it's oposition to the Sunnah of the Prophet, sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam. Indeed he was be best of Mankind, his example was the best and most complete and the religion is complete as Allaah said,

"This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed my favour upon you and chosen Islaam as your religion."
[Soorah Al-Maa'idah: 3]

These events can never achieve the good that adherance to Islaam would achieve us. Rather anything in opposition to the sunnah will never result in good.

Wa`alaykum us-salaam

Shahzad

here again, if u have problems with pakistani masajid and pakistani muslims, simply dont talk to them brother al-kashmiri. I think u r obsessed abt pakistanis.

U have seen some grave in pakistani mosque (which is quite possible in mosque [go and read abt it since u dont follow any imam, i cant give u reference]) and since then u have become like %&*($^%&#$%^. Be informed that ppl are not allowed to pray the grave.

I know abt the muslims in most parts of the world. They dont care abt halaal and haram in UK. Just recite bismiLLAH and eat eveyr thing. duh!!

Dont be facist in ur beleifs. If u r moderator, it doesnt mean that u r right all the time.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
here again, if u have problems with pakistani masajid and pakistani muslims, simply dont talk to them brother al-kashmiri. I think u r obsessed abt pakistanis.

U have seen some grave in pakistani mosque (which is quite possible in mosque [go and read abt it since u dont follow any imam, i cant give u reference]) and since then u have become like %&*($^%&#$%^. Be informed that ppl are not allowed to pray the grave.

I know abt the muslims in most parts of the world. They dont care abt halaal and haram in UK. Just recite bismiLLAH and eat eveyr thing. duh!!

Dont be facist in ur beleifs. If u r moderator, it doesnt mean that u r right all the time.

I am fasting I am fasting. You obviously missed the point, and jumped to assumptions again, how pathetic. Here I'll post a fatwa for you as well (the only thing that prevented me posting it was my awaiting a reply so that I didn't clog the thread with an overload).

Question :

Some of my colleagues have started having discussions on the topic of nationality in islam. I am, therefore, putting the following questions before you.
Please be kind enough to reply them in the light of shariah.
1- Talking about an independent country in the world where Muslims are in majority, if they celebrate the independence day then what is the status of this celebrations according to Islamic Shariah ?
2-Is it Asabiyah ? or Jahilia ? or Haram?
3- Whats the true definition of Asabiyah according to our Shariat?
4- As a Muslim how should we feel about the land/Country where we are born and brought up and get education and job ? Can we have feelings of love with this land? Does it means Asabiyah ? Can we have national celebrations which does not contradicts with Islamic teachings? What types of national celebrations are prohibited and which types of them are allowed ??
5- How about using the passport of a country if attachment and affiliation with any country is considered as Jahilia and Asabiyah ??
6- What examples are present in history of Sahaba (R.A) the Companions of PROPHET HAZRAT MUHAMMAD (PBUH) regarding the love of their land where they lived?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah. Firstly:

It is not permissible to celebrate independence day or any similar occasions, because that entails imitation of the kuffaar. From another angle it is also a kind of innovation. So these celebrations combine sin and bid’ah (innovation).

Ibn al-Qayyim said:

The word Eid is used to refer to something that is repeated, in the sense of both place and time. With regard to time, this is like saying the Day of ‘Arafah, the day of Sacrifice and the days of Mina are Eids for us Muslims. This was narrated by Abu Dawood and others. With regard to place, this is like the report narrated by Abu Dawood in his Sunan, that a man said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I have vowed to sacrifice a camel in Bawaanah.” He said, “Is there one of the idols of the mushrikeen there, or one of their places of festivity?” He said, “No.” He said, “Then fulfil your vow.” And he said, “Do not take my grave as a place of festivity (which you visit repeatedly).”

The word Eid is taken from the same root as the words mu’aawadah (repeating) and i’tiyaad (doing a thing repeatedly). If it refers to a place, then it means a place where people gather regularly for the purpose of worship or other purposes, as Allaah made al-Masjid al-Haraam [the Sacred Mosque, in Makkah], Mina, Muzdalifah, ‘Arafah and al-Mashaa’ir places of gathering and worship for those who believed in Him alone, and a focal point, and as He made the days of worshipping in those places an Eid. The mushrikeen had Eids in the sense of time and place (gathering in certain places on certain days), but when Islam came it abolished them and replaced them for the monotheists with Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha and the days of Mina. And it replaced the places where they used to gather for festivals with the Ka’bah, the Sacred House, and ‘Arafah, Mina and al-Mashaa’ir.

Ighaathat al-Lahfaan, 1/190

One of the things that is forbidden for Muslims is to imitate the kuffaar, especially with regard to their festivals. This issue of festivals and innovated celebrations is one of the things that the Muslims became most careless about after the best generations. Many of them hastened to imitate other nations in their festivals and celebrations. Some of them introduced the innovation of celebrating the Prophet’s birthday, and celebrating the night of the Isra’ and Mi’raaj (Prophet’s night journey and ascent into heaven), and these national festivals which are increasing day after day among the Muslims.

We have quoted in our answer to question no. 10070 a fatwa from the Standing Committee concerning national holidays and other celebrations. Please refer to this fatwa.

Secondly:

These forbidden and innovated celebrations stir up tribalism and racism, and imply approval of what the colonialists did by dividing the Muslims’ land and making it into scattered states and peoples.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allaah is that (believer) who has At‑Taqwa [i.e. he is one of the Muttaqoon (the pious)]. Verily, Allaah is All‑Knowing, All‑Aware”
[al-Hujuraat 49:13]

Allaah created Adam and Hawwa’ [Eve], and made their offspring into peoples, tribes, races and colours. All people come from Adam and Hawwa’, and no colour or race is superior to another. Rather all of them are equal before Allaah with regard to their origins, and the one who fears his Lord the most is the best and most honourable before Allaah.

However people split after this into nations, countries and races, is only like the splitting of a single family, brothers from one father and one mother.

This ‘asabiyyah (tribalism) that is appearing nowadays in most countries, where people form factions on the basis of race, colour or homeland, is akin to the ancient tribalism that existed between the tribes of Aws and Khazraj; it is one of the leftovers of jaahiliyyah [ignorance].

There had been many wars between Aws and Khazraj during the Jaahiliyyah, with a great deal of enmity and hatred, and intense fighting, until Islam came and they entered therein, and became brothers by the grace of Allaah.

After Islam had set their affairs straight and they had become united, a Jewish man passed by a gathering of Aws and Khazraj, and he was bothered by their friendship and unity. So he sent a man who was with him to sit amongst them and remind them of the wars that used to be waged between them. He did that and kept doing it until they were provoked and became angry with one another, and they got riled up and started shouting their slogans and calling for their weapons, and threatening to go out to the Harrah (a place in Madeenah) to fight. News of this reached the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so he came to them and started to calm them down, and said, “Are you issuing the calls of the jaahiliyyah when I am still among you?” Then he recited to them the following verse (Interpretation of the meaning):

“And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allaah (i.e. this Qur’aan), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allaah’s Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islamic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allaah makes His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:103]

When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recited this verse to them, they regretted what they had done, and they reconciled and put aside their weapons.

Fourthly:

Islam does not forbid a Muslim to love his homeland or the country in which he lives or grew up. What is reprehensible is basing one’s feelings of loyalty and disavowal on that, and loving and hating on that basis. A person who belongs to the same country as you is not closer to you than a Muslim from another land, and the reason for your loving or hating others should not be whether or not they come from the same country as you. Rather loyalty and disavowal, or love and hatred, should all be based on Islam and piety.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to love Makkah because it was the most beloved land to Allaah, but he did not love the kaafirs who lived there, rather he fought them because they fought against Islam and killed Muslims. Neither he nor his companions ever gave precedence to their love of Makkah over the laws of Allaah, so when Allaah forbade those who had migrated from Makkah to go back to it, except for Hajj and three days after it, they adhered to that and did not stay there for longer than that period. Their love for Makkah did not make them disobey Allaah, let alone do anything that was worse than that.

Today you see that tribalism and devotion to one's country has gone to such extremes that places of shirk are venerated just because they are in one’s country; the flag is venerated because it represents the country, so the people stand and salute it with a reverence that is absent in their prayers when they stand before their Lord.

Fifthly:

Using passports is not regarded as a kind of ‘asabiyyah (tribalism) or jaahiliyyah (ignorance) because the purpose is simply to identify a person and the country of which he is a citizen. If it so happens that some people use them for the purpose of boasting and acting superior to others, or to express tribalistic pride in his country, this is something blameworthy.

Sixthly:

We have mentioned that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) loved Makkah and that he gave precedence to obeying his Lord over his love for Makkah.

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to Makkah, “What a good land you are, and how dear you are to me. Were it not that my people drove me out from you, I would never have lived anywhere else.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3926; classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi and by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 5536.

You can also find similar stories of the Sahaabah and those who came after them, by reading their biographies. It seems that the love of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the Sahaabah for Makkah was because it was the most beloved land to Allaah, as it says in another report narrated by al-Tirmidhi, no. 3925: “You are the best land of Allaah and the most beloved of the land of Allaah to Allaah.” Classed as saheeh by Ibn Hajar.

But the natural love that a person feels for the place where he grew up is something that is not regarded as blameworthy by sharee’ah, so long as that does not distract you from acts of worship and obedience which are more important. Hence we see that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them), Muhaajireen and Ansaar alike, left their homelands and went out to other lands, spreading the call of Islam throughout other countries. They went out for purposes that were nobler than their attachment to land and buildings.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

palestine

Servant of Allah

asalamu alaykum dear muslim. sister i don't think that al kashmiri has problems with pakistanis. it is true that in the muslim ummah we have become divided and disunited and it's also true that freemixing, music, inappropriate dressing and the like will not help us achieve anything. however if we follow the sunnah of rasulullah s.a.w and we adhere to the teachings of islam CORRECTLY we will achieve victory. dear sister don't ge me wrong, i'm not siding with anyone but as a muslim my duty is to reconcile between the muslims. from the words of the brother he is talking in general about everyone, not just pakistanis. and although he mentioned pakistanis it is only because this thread is related to pakistan. i'm sure if it was related to somalia or palestine he would say "the somalians" or the "palestinians". as muslims we should take the advice of other muslims if it is useful. and truly and honestly i find it (al kashmiri's words) as advicing the pakistanis to be united by following the sunnah, meaning that this parade was at all not related to the sunnah. i hope my words have not angered you and i hope that the next time you will see the words of other muslims as an advice and not as criticism. and if it is criticism then it would be constructive criticism. asalamu alaykum wrwb:hijabi::shake:

Shahzad

and i dont know why ppl born and lived in west treat every other thing as nationalism.

All muslims are a single nation and all their land is 1 single entity.

You have missed the point it seems, brother al-kashmiri. I just gave u and answer of the point which u mentiond , and u started yelling "Nationalism". This just doesnot refer to this post only, but to some of ur previous posts as well. I have seen u knocking on pakistanis quite a few times.

Meet me some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.