Parables in the Quraan

arzafar

:salam2:

Ok so after a lot of bickering, here is a useful thread from me. I hope others will find it useful. Basically i intend to post some parables from the quraan as translation of the meaning of the quraan since this is a site that attracts many non muslims.

I hope that muslims and non muslims will find these analogies and parables as inspiring as i do and will benefit from it. Others are welcome to contribute but make sure you keep to the topic.

arzafar

"O ye who believe! Cancel not your charity by reminders of your generosity or by injury― like those who spend their substance to be seen of men, but believe neither in Allah nor in the Last Day. They are in Parable like a hard, barren rock, on which is a little soil; on it falls heavy rain, which leaves it (just) a bare stone. They will be able to do nothing with aught they have earned. And Allah guideth not those who reject faith" (264)
"And the likeness of those who spend their substance seeking to please Allah and to strengthen their souls, is as a garden high and fertile: heavy rain falls on it but makes it yield a double increase of harvest, and if it receives not heavy rain, light moisture sufficeth it. Allah seeth well whatever ye do." (265)
(2:264-265)

Remember to give lot's of charity!
:D

arzafar

"O men! Here is a parable set forth! Listen to it! Those on whom besides Allah, ye call cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! And if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly: feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition!"
(22:73)

stunning absolutely stunning!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Masha Allah!

:bismillah:

:ma:
Alhamdulillah!

Super excellent intention.
:jazaak:

~May Allah swt shower blesses upon all muslim~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

MusLiMah_Kubra

Hasbi-Allah
:ma:

Jazakallahu khairan wa kaseeran!

May we always remain under the Mercy of Allah swt,& firm on our faith Ameen

arzafar

For Him (alone) is prayer in Truth: any others that they call upon besides Him hear them no more than if they were to stretch forth their hands for water to reach their mouth but it reaches them not: for the prayer of those without Faith is nothing but (futile) wandering (in the mind).
(13:14)

I would request everybody who reads the above to ask Allah for anything you desire. He is the only one that can give it you!

arzafar

Set forth to them the parable of two men: for one of them We provided two gardens of grapevines and surrounded them with date-palms: in between the two We placed corn-fields. (32) Each of those gardens brought forth its produce, and failed not in the least therein: in the midst of them We caused a river to flow. (33) (Abundant) was the produce this man had: he said to his companion, in the course of a mutual argument: "More wealth have I than you, and more honour and power in (my following of) men." (34) He went into his garden in a state (of mind) unjust to his soul: He said "I deem not that this will ever perish. (35) "Nor do I deem that the Hour (of Judgment) will (ever) come: even if I am brought back to my Lord I shall surely find (there) something better in exchange." (36) His companion said to him, in the course of the argument with him: "Dost thou deny Him Who created thee out of dust then out of a sperm-drop, then fashioned thee into a man? (37) "But (I think) for my part that he is Allah, my Lord, and none shall I associate with my Lord. (38) "Why didst thou not, as thou wentest into thy garden, say: `Allah's Will (be done)! There is no power but with Allah!' If thou dost see me less than thee in wealth and sons (39) "It may be that my Lord will give me something better than thy garden, and that He will send on thy garden thunderbolts (by way of reckoning) from heaven, making it (but) slippery sand!― (40) "Or the water of the garden will run off underground so that thou wilt never be able to find it." (41) So his fruits (and enjoyment) were encompassed (with ruin), and he remained twisting and turning his hands over what he had spent on his property, which had (now) tumbled to pieces to its very foundations, and he could only say "Woe is me! would I had never ascribed partners to my Lord and Cherisher!" (42) Nor had he numbers to help him against Allah, nor was he able to deliver himself. (43) There, the (only) protection comes from Allah, the True One. He is the Best to reward and the Best to give success. (44)
(18:32-44)

Let us give thanks to Allah (swt)