Parnell announces conversion to Islam

arzafar

Wayne Parnell, the South Africa left-arm seamer, has announced that he has converted to Islam. Parnell has not decided on a Muslim name yet and will still be known as Wayne Dillon.

"I converted to Islam in January 2011, after a period of personal study and reflection and it is a faith that I have always been interested in," Parnell said in a statement on Thursday. He also asked that the issue be treated with respect as he approaches his first period of fasting. "My faith choice is a matter which I would like to keep private."

Parnell confirmed that he will "continue to respect the team's endorsement of alcoholic beverages." South Africa's Test team is sponsored by Castle Lager, a local beer. Hashim Amla, also of Muslim faith, does not wear the beer logo on his playing kit after making a special arrangement with CSA because of his religious beliefs.

Parnell is currently playing cricket for English county Sussex.

Code:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica/content/story/525114.html

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

MashaAllaah, good news.

My younger brother will be totally chuffed, lol.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Wayne Parnell, the South Africa left-arm seamer, has announced that he has converted to Islam. Parnell has not decided on a Muslim name yet and will still be known as Wayne Dillon.

"I converted to Islam in January 2011, after a period of personal study and reflection and it is a faith that I have always been interested in," Parnell said in a statement on Thursday. He also asked that the issue be treated with respect as he approaches his first period of fasting. "My faith choice is a matter which I would like to keep private."

Parnell confirmed that he will "continue to respect the team's endorsement of alcoholic beverages." South Africa's Test team is sponsored by Castle Lager, a local beer. Hashim Amla, also of Muslim faith, does not wear the beer logo on his playing kit after making a special arrangement with CSA because of his religious beliefs.

Parnell is currently playing cricket for English county Sussex.

Code:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica/content/story/525114.html
Allahu Akber!!That is a good news.Hashim Amla is also mashaAllah a good brother.He rejected to endorse an alcoholic beverage brand on his jersy,while all of the south african team endorses it on their jersy.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum Warahmatullahi wabarakatu

Allahu Akber. I hope some indian players like Sachin, Zaheer and more also be guided to islaam inshaa`Allah