PLEASE help me pray 4 me :( failed b4 getting my degree

xMuSlIm GuRlx

Salaam everyonee,

I just feel really upset angry and SO SO disheartened guys :( I had 2 weeks leftt of my degreee and to graduate 4rm a 3 year course......I was doing EXCEPTIONALLY WELL...despite it being such a difficult degreee and my supervisor FAILED me :( im so upset i didnt deserve this I was reallyyyyy lookin forward to graduation booked tickets etc my family were lookin forward to their youngest one graduating to...i was a brill student, hard working commited etc tried extremely hard 1500000000% during my studies.. and as part of my degree we have to undergo placements and this was the final placement 10 weeks.. and my supervisor just was harsh a cow (allah forgiv me for backbiting) but I tried really hardd and its like she kept wanting to pick out on ALL my weaknesses and NOT pick up on any strenghts :( and now i failed so that means i cant graduate and have to give up my summer for another placement which i dont know where im going to get yet :( i cant speak to the uni tutor as she come visit my placement as the supervisor called her up n they were sat in room with me so felt like 2 against one :( my confidence is at an all time low guys i dont know what to do... its so unfair as my peers from my course didnt do as much hard work as i did yet im "not competent enough" or im demonstrating initiative.. just feel like I tried and tried and tried and it just wasnt good enoughhh im in tears :( i even did overhours and worked far more than I should have done and we dont get paid either... please guys if you can could you PLZ PLZ makee lots n lots of duaa for me that inshallah this resit placement is with a supervisor who is understanding and just supportive unlike my last one.. and its a good placement all way round and allah makes it easy for me and grants me patience :( :'( thank you all sorry for this rant x

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

I understand your concern and I can imagine your anguish, but smile?

Don't base your self esteem on something you can lose in in instant ..because as you have demonstrated, if you lose that thing or suffer set backs in it, then you feel broken and this isn't the way a Muslim should be. Nothing in this dunya should be given such importance that your feeling of self worth and confidence is so lost when it diminishes, because by the very nature of dunya, it will inevitably diminish and eventually be lost.

Brush it off and rise up to it with a renewed spirit.

May Allaah give you success Ameen.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Whenever I face a very difficult calamities in life and feels like no energy left to go on, I remember this ayaat as it boost some strengths to myself:

"Perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not." 2:216

InshaAllaah sis, the more you try hard to accept what had happened has been fated by Allaah, the more you will feel peace and ease in your heart, and instead of being sad over it, you'll eventually be thankful to Allaah.

You may not see the goodness or the bright side behind all that happened yet, but know that Allaah is Ar-Rahmaan and Ar-Raheem and this might be a sign from Allaah that He has kept something much much fruitful for you in the future.

Smile a little and do count our countless blessings. SubhanaAllaah :)

Wassalam.

xMuSlIm GuRlx

assalaamualykum all,

thank you so so much for your kind replies... feel so much at peace just coming to this forum and seeing everyones responses and words of wisdom maashallah... I still feel really down over what has happened but I know that whatever has happened has happened because Allah wished for it to happen and he knows whats best for me subhaanalah.. I have a request for everryone please could you all please please make duaa for me that inshallah I am able to find a good resit placement where the supervisor inshallah will be understanding and supportive unlike my last one...I am finding it really difficult.. am getting replies back from places saying they cannot accomodate me during the summer for a resit etc :( I am not sure if this is due to the time of it being summer and its hard as people may be going on hol etc or whether they are aware I have failed previously :( I really am trying my best I wish to succeed insh'allah I have worked tremendously well over the 3 years of my life.. Please all make duaa someone is able to take me on as a student for my resit placement inshallah.. feels like it is a race against time as my uni tutor said I have to complete this 10 week placement BY 10th Sept 2010 inshallah.. therefore I must be on placement in a few week inshallah.. Please all do remember me in your duaas that Allah makes it easy for me inshallah and I am able to find a suitable placement on all levels VERY soon inshallah... Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post.. you are all in my duaas.. May Allah bless you all and accept all ur duaas inshallah and keep you all very happy ameeen

Wasalaaam

Your sister in islam :SMILY252:

xMuSlIm GuRlx

Salaaam all,

just wanted to say a big thank you for being there for me and offering me such great advice! Your words have inspired me and helped me to look on the bright side of things.. may allah make it easy for us all inshallah... ramadhan mubarak to everybody... you are all in my duaas.. may allah inshallah grant us ease, accept our repentance and strengthen our imaan inshallah!

jazakhallah once again

love your sister in islam *!*!*!