Please welcome Rosita

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
Assalamu'alaykum,

A young lady left a comment on my blog (okay, I am trying to increase my blog traffic) saying that she is coming to The United States and hopes to make the acquaintance and possible friendship of some Muslims here. I recommended she sign up here. Thanks in advance to the sisters for welcoming her here.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Wa Alaikum Assalam

Welcome to her I hope we'll see her among us soon

Rosita : Welcome among your family ^ Enjoy ur stay

Shokran Frank :)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Walaykumsalaam waa rahmatullahi

That is wonderful news, brother frank. A warm welcome to Rosita if she joins the website and reads this thread.

May Allah subhaana waa ta'ala illuminate her heart with the gift of Islam. Ameen

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

Brothers and Sisters,

This site has been very helpful to me and I love all of you. However, for the above reasons, I am concerned that perhaps I am bringing the wrong type of attention to TURN TO ISLAM. My cousin Mark joined the Marines right out of High School because he wanted to serve his country. He was a great football player and could have gone to college. Instead, he went to war and left his leg on a battlefield. My older brother said that my biological father was one of General George Patton's drivers in World War II. (He's the one who said:
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing.")
My stepfather laid wounded on Pork Chop Hill for a few days. I joined the military at the age of 17 after two years of trying to get my adopted father to "sign the papers" because I believed the "hype" about the communists wanting to destroy our way of life.

All of this is to explain that acumen and perspicacity often appears to be paranoia. I don't want my words to prevent or hinder anyone from finding their way to Allaah.

So, at least for awhile, I am going to stop posting at Turn To Islam. I will continue to read your posts, but being who I am (a person who has never had a filter between their brain and their mouth and typing fingers) I am concerned that the only people interested in what I have to say are the people who never learned not to look in windows or peep in doors. I do not wish to draw the wrong type of attention to this beautiful forum. And, as some of you can probably tell from my recent posts, I am concerned that much of what I say is misconstrued anyway.

So, I will continue to strive to learn Al Qur'aan, Aqeedah, Arabic, and all of the avenues of study open to the Muslimoom and Muslimaat. I will just post my thoughts on my blog and not here. There are plenty here who can guide those seeking Allaah's Truth. Being a Muslim is sharpening my intellectual capacities. The Muslim is one who uses all his being to learn what is required to serve Allaah and then Serves his Master.

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Mat 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
Mat 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Mat 6:27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
Mat 6:28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
Mat 6:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Mat 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

That doesn't only make him/her a better Muslim. It makes him or her a better person.

A friend in the "real world" told me that he could never be a Muslim and than preceded to point out that The Prophet Muhammad (Salla Alayhu 'Alayhi Wa Sallam) was a warrior. Well, the same thing could be said about Abrahan, Moses, Saul, David, Samuel, Elijah, and Jesus (Peace be Upon Them). All one has to do is read The Old Testament to see that those who

Al-E-Imran
And there may spring from you a nation who invite to goodness, and enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency. Such are they who are successful. (104) And be ye not as those who separated and disputed after the clear proofs had come unto them. For such there is an awful doom, (105) On the Day when (some) faces will be whitened and (some) faces will be blackened; and as for those whose faces have been blackened, it will be said unto them: Disbelieved ye after your (profession of) belief? Then taste the punishment for that ye disbelieved. (106) And as for those whose faces have been whitened, in the mercy of Allah they dwell for ever. (107) These are revelations of Allah. We recite them unto thee in truth. Allah willeth no injustice to (His) creatures. (108) Unto Allah belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth; and unto Allah all things are returned. (109) Ye are the best community that hath been raised up for mankind. Ye enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency; and ye believe in Allah. And if the People of the Scripture had believed it had been better for them. Some of them are believers; but most of them are evil-livers. (110)

وَلۡتَكُن مِّنكُمۡ أُمَّةٌ۬ يَدۡعُونَ إِلَى ٱلۡخَيۡرِ وَيَأۡمُرُونَ بِٱلۡمَعۡرُوفِ وَيَنۡهَوۡنَ عَنِ ٱلۡمُنكَرِ*!ۚ وَأُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ هُمُ ٱلۡمُفۡلِحُونَ (١٠٤) وَلَا تَكُونُواْ كَٱلَّذِينَ تَفَرَّقُواْ وَٱخۡتَلَفُواْ مِنۢ بَعۡدِ مَا جَآءَهُمُ ٱلۡبَيِّنَـٰتُ*!ۚ وَأُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ لَهُمۡ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ۬ (١٠٥) يَوۡمَ تَبۡيَضُّ وُجُوهٌ۬ وَتَسۡوَدُّ وُجُوهٌ۬*!ۚ فَأَمَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ٱسۡوَدَّتۡ وُجُوهُهُمۡ أَكَفَرۡتُم بَعۡدَ إِيمَـٰنِكُمۡ فَذُوقُواْ ٱلۡعَذَابَ بِمَا كُنتُمۡ تَكۡفُرُونَ (١٠٦) وَأَمَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ٱبۡيَضَّتۡ وُجُوهُهُمۡ فَفِى رَحۡمَةِ ٱللَّهِ هُمۡ فِيہَا خَـٰلِدُونَ (١٠٧) تِلۡكَ ءَايَـٰتُ ٱللَّهِ نَتۡلُوهَا عَلَيۡكَ بِٱلۡحَقِّ*!ۗ وَمَا ٱللَّهُ يُرِيدُ ظُلۡمً۬ا لِّلۡعَـٰلَمِينَ (١٠٨) وَلِلَّهِ مَا فِى ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٲتِ وَمَا فِى ٱلۡأَرۡضِ*!ۚ وَإِلَى ٱللَّهِ تُرۡجَعُ ٱلۡأُمُورُ (١٠٩) كُنتُمۡ خَيۡرَ أُمَّةٍ أُخۡرِجَتۡ لِلنَّاسِ تَأۡمُرُونَ بِٱلۡمَعۡرُوفِ وَتَنۡهَوۡنَ عَنِ ٱلۡمُنڪَرِ وَتُؤۡمِنُونَ بِٱللَّهِ*!ۗ وَلَوۡ ءَامَنَ أَهۡلُ ٱلۡڪِتَـٰبِ لَكَانَ خَيۡرً۬ا لَّهُم*!ۚ مِّنۡهُمُ ٱلۡمُؤۡمِنُونَ وَأَڪۡثَرُهُمُ ٱلۡفَـٰسِ

can not stand by when injustice, oppression, and evil reign.

So, if you don't see me posting as much, don't worry. I am still here reading and offering du'a for you as you strive to please Allaah.

Was Sallem

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You bring the right stuff!

We know that Big Brother watches us and tries to read. I have discovered the type of individual that is employed by Big B. is not the brightest light bulb nor the sharpest pencil.

I live each day knowing I have no privacy. But, I say to myself Allah is my Protector and Truth is my garment.

I can only ask that you continue to post This forum needs your energy and passion. You make us realize how good we have it. You weave logic into your posts and your humility in your love for Allah makes us want to clap and shout.

You wrote a post on communication. It has been such a pleasure to be able to write a few words and know that you understand my humor and my references without me having to explain. It has been a gift from Allah subhana talla to have someone to talk to . I thank Allah.

Dearest Brother from one oldster to another..oh how happy you have made me feel.

Insha'Allah you will post and I will read each letter. May Allah reward you for raising our Love for Him.

learnermuslim

Ahlan

Dear Sister Rosita,

MashAllah, Allah Huakbar, Aljumdolilah.

Welcome to Islam and TTI. You will find so much support and love here.

May Allah bless you and please, please remember us all, your borthers and sisters in your prayers.

Fi amanAlllah

Your borther