possible da'aawa

believer4life

soul searching...
after hearing that the duty of a muslim is to spread the word of allah and that even if you're a not so good muslim you can still do da'aawa and allah will make you a better person (of course if you have good intentions), well i have this idea that i hope will not only be an idea but insha allah put to action. here goes:
afterschool on the last day before the spring break i want to write an anonymous letter about islam in depth, a good letter so that they can feel a connection with our beutiful deen and will want more information. and put it in all the teachers mailboxes, with an adress to the nearest mosque where they can get more information.

i wish allah puts the courage in me to do this so that maybe just maybe someone could come to islam and allah will be happy with me (inshallah) and my parents could enter jannah because of my good deed insha allah. i'm really scared though any advise on a better way to approach this would be much appreciated

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu "Alaykum,

My only guess is why would you do it anonymously? When I was first back from Vietnam, I did what was called street witnessing. That is where you stand on a corner and hand people tracts (small booklets) about Christianity. I took a break in a local book store and was upset to see a book called The Satanic Bible; so, I put a tract in each. I had stamped the name of the Church that I attended on the back. The pastor got a call telling him that if it was done again, there would be legal repercussions. It is always a bad idea, especially, now a days to put anything about Islam anywhere (Especially, a mailbox which is a federal crime) anonymously. I like your idea and intention, but like Brother Ayman said, "Let people know you are a Muslimah and then let them see your character.

Maryam Zainab

Proud to be a Muslim
:salam2: sister, if you try to write a letter in deapth, what sort of things you will include in your letter? will those thing be important in their point of view? will those points that you think that are important will satisfy and bring a good impression about Islam among different people? will all these people look at Islam throgh the same spectacle?..... all these matter....:confused:

Daw'a is compulsory and there is no doubt in it!. But there are numerous ways too:). Needs of people are different and if you can identify them correctly and give a solid answer either by word or action thats it........ Insha Allah they will be convinced !!!.

So, better is to create an atmosphere around you in such a way that will induce the people around you who are not yet muslims (students or teachers) to ask question from you about your actions , your behaviour, etc. Use that opportunity to spread the message of Islam... But be preapared before you answer... with time you will develop it Insha Allah. That is my experience. May Allah help you.

believer4life

soul searching...
:salam2:
i guess i could cross that idea of my list, well no-one has ever really approached me about islam because the people i'm around are not intrested in religious topics and so i thought why not approach them anonamously, (because i'm kind of a coward).
thank you for all of your inputs

Maryam Zainab

Proud to be a Muslim
i guess i could cross that idea of my list, well no-one has ever really approached me about islam because the people i'm around are not intrested in religious topics and so i thought why not approach them anonamously, (because i'm kind of a coward).
thank you for all of your inputs

My dear sister don't try to degrade yourself ... You are not a coward We are muslims and Allah say in tthe Quran (3:110) "Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah". Take the courage & move ahead !!!. If you trust Allah, surely Allah will open up the path!.

Even though the people are not interester in religios topics, you just start a general topic and connect it to relegion!. try it and see.

believer4life

soul searching...
i would try if i knew how to i'm not really sure how to approach people about religion and i'm scared i'll mess up i think for now i'll just wait for my oppurtunity to giive da'aawa so for now i'll try to put on a good example of a muslim though nobody cares