Problems with parents

lozlg

Muslima for 1 year!
Assalam Alaikum, sorry it's me again! For those who havn't seen my other posts i took my shahadah last Monday and of course i am really happy. My parents were away at the time so I told them last friday when they got back. I did not mention it at first then my dad walked in my room and asked me if i was serious about being a muslim, i told him i'ld converted. Then all hell broke loose, he went nuts and i started crying then i went to leave and get in my car but my dad asked me to come back. So i went and sat with my parents and my mum was crying too. They said they are scared they are gona loose me. They feel like they have lost my brother because he is gay and my parents did not take it well. I explained that Islam encourages you to respect and be close with your parents. My dad was nearly in tears too. Since that day, it has not been mentioned in my house. I don't know what to do, i feel so down coz i just can't be myself. I want so wear my hijab when i go out but i am too scared of their reaction so i put it on in the car when i get down the road. I thought maybe i would do a presentation and explain Islam clearly so i have prepared it but I can't find the words or strength to bring the subject up again. My dad dosen't even beleive in god. There is such an atmosphere in my house, my mum is trying to pretend like everythings normal. I hate being at home and im tempted to go stay with my brother but i know things need sorting here. My dad is a very narrow minded person and has his stereotypes. It's hard to get a point across to him. My brother had problems with him which is why he felt he had to move out. I feel depressed at the moment, my prayers help and im also having counseling. I pray every day that Insha'Allah, Allah will make things easier and my parents more understanding.

sunnyhayat

Still trying to increas Imaan
I commend you for the courage. It is allah's wish for your revertion. Your family also will come to terms and accept it fully in no time.

hassana elkoussi

As-salamu alaikom dear sister,

Masha'Allah, I'm so proud of you sister. All you have to do is be patient and have courage. Always remind yourself of how much Allah SWT will be pleased with you and will reward you isA - hopefully- with the highest rank of jannat. Remember what the early Companions have been through for the sake of this deen. This will give you strength, don't give up on du'aa and trust that Allah will make things easy for you isA.

Hope you'll give us very soon the good news that your problems havebeen solved. Take care.

Salam:hearts:

kayleigh

If you're parents are cool with your brother being gay, I think they'll eventually be cool with you being Muslim. My parents don't mention it either, and I waited 2 years to tell them when I felt an urge to when the time was right. I think they either focus on our common ground or just pretend it never happens. I, too, have to put hijab on in the car because I can't wear it around them. Just pray about it. You're their kid so eventually they'll come around.

mufakkir

Salaam 'Alaikum wa Rahmatullah,

Welcome, new sister, to the brotherhood (and sisterhood!) of Islam. May Allah elleviate your difficulties and find you a path to contentment and happiness. Know that in Islam, as our scholars of past have said, a person is tested in accordance to his or her ability and status with Allah. Those most nearest to Allah (i.e. the Prophets) are those most severly tested. Since you have now become Muslim and for that have taken a huge step towards Allah, your life will be full of new trials. But know that Allah has promised, 'no soul shall be burdened with more than it can bare'. Be patient sister in faith and Allah will reward you in abundance.
I do not know what facilities are availble to you, but it may be wise to attend circles for new muslims in your local mosque, should they have any, and talk to the imaam about your difficulties. I would also advise befriending new reverts here on this forum. undoubtedly, they will have gone through similar pains.

Was Salaam

Azizati

wa alikum salam wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

first of all congratulations for your SHAHADA and also for your courage realy....
then i know it's not easy for you but please sis don't leave your home but show your parents what is Islam by your behaviour, may be we will hear soon about your parent revert inshallah :)
if you leave your parents they will think that ISLAM came to separate people from their parent, stay sister and continu praying we will do it for you too.
may Allah SWT makes things easier.
Good luck sister
salam alikum

erica5127

oh, sister, Im very happy to hear you converted! I think you should bring it up to one parent at a time (the less harsh one first) so they arent at all persueded by eachothers reactions. post what happens so we all know, insha'allah.

yafash

Asalam alaykum Noble Sista.

May Allah strengthen U, and ease the task ahead of U. I'm really proud of U and happy for U. InshaAllah they will come round, just keep being nice to them.

Ur story is really a source of inspiration for me.

May Allah Keep U firm on the path to Jannah....

ABBAS1981

asalamu calekum, sister may alah make everything easy for you, i feel ur pain, be strong and be nice to your parent, they will soon understand

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Assalam Alaikum, sorry it's me again! For those who havn't seen my other posts i took my shahadah last Monday and of course i am really happy. My parents were away at the time so I told them last friday when they got back. I did not mention it at first then my dad walked in my room and asked me if i was serious about being a muslim, i told him i'ld converted. Then all hell broke loose, he went nuts and i started crying then i went to leave and get in my car but my dad asked me to come back. So i went and sat with my parents and my mum was crying too. They said they are scared they are gona loose me. They feel like they have lost my brother because he is gay and my parents did not take it well. I explained that Islam encourages you to respect and be close with your parents. My dad was nearly in tears too. Since that day, it has not been mentioned in my house. I don't know what to do, i feel so down coz i just can't be myself. I want so wear my hijab when i go out but i am too scared of their reaction so i put it on in the car when i get down the road. I thought maybe i would do a presentation and explain Islam clearly so i have prepared it but I can't find the words or strength to bring the subject up again. My dad dosen't even beleive in god. There is such an atmosphere in my house, my mum is trying to pretend like everythings normal. I hate being at home and im tempted to go stay with my brother but i know things need sorting here. My dad is a very narrow minded person and has his stereotypes. It's hard to get a point across to him. My brother had problems with him which is why he felt he had to move out. I feel depressed at the moment, my prayers help and im also having counseling. I pray every day that Insha'Allah, Allah will make things easier and my parents more understanding.

Wa alaikom Assalam , hello my sweetie :)
I'm very glad to hear that u r Muslim now , Thanks for Allah for guiding you to the right path .
Make sure people always stand against the true , that's for ur family and the others . Coz you see that light but the dont .

Make sure , you are not the alone who suffers , when our beloved prophet PBUH started his message all the world was against him , but did Allah leave him alone ? certainly NO , he was with him . The prophet and his followers left their money , their houses , their city and moved permanentaly to Mdaenah . did Allah forget them ? No , he did not . he rewarded them more & more hasanat , he was pleased about them , and he told them that " the Paradise is waiting for you " as a reward for your enduring and Patience .

So that my honey sister , you have to know that Now Allah is testing you , testing your faith , is't strong or weak ? test your trueness .. he wanna see if u r really want Islam or not . If u r a real muslim he will reward you with every good thing , believe me my dear :)
U can read prophet Ayoub's story PBUH ( I dont know his name in English ) , Allah gave him Health after illness , money after poverty , he gave him sons and daughters .. ect . all of them were rewards for his Patience and enduring suffering .

and our kind beloved prophet PBUH said : "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that."

also he said : " "If Allah wants to do good to somebody, He afflicts him with trials."

Al7amdu lillah , Suffering = deleting sins :)

all the prophets and their followers suffered so much , so the deserved the Heaven ( paradise )

And our prophet PBUH also said what means >> this life is prison for the believer and Paradise for the disbeliever << this means muslim suffer in this life but in the permanent life he will not , but the non- muslim has a beautiful life now but in the another world NO .

Allah is just , he has all the fair .

May Allah help you

and I remind you , every time u suffer remember that means Allah is testing you , remember " The paradise is waiting for you "

And make sure if u stick to Islam you will be the winner :)

I love you in Allah's sake

Consider me as your real sister
any help any time , I am here :)

.. FATIMA ..

yafash

Asalam alaykum Sister,

Please don't let them feel anything has changed except that their wonderful daughter has become an even better person...

yafash

Asalam alaykum Sister,

Please don't let them feel anything has changed except that their wonderful daughter has become an even better person...

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
Sister congratulations on your reversion. May Allah bless you immensely on your reversion and for all the sufferings you are going through. Sister every revert goes thru this phase. This is the phase which changes a Muslim into a Momin. Meaning you become a solid Muslim with good character and firm belief.

Please read the stories of the sahabas how they were treated by their dis-beliving relatives and friends.

I know it is very hard on you now but I would advise not to move out of your house.

My parents were away at the time so I told them last friday when they got back. I did not mention it at first then my dad walked in my room and asked me if i was serious about being a muslim, i told him i'ld converted. Then all hell broke loose, he went nuts and i started crying, then i went to leave and get in my car but my dad asked me to come back. So i went and sat with my parents and my mum was crying too. They said they are scared they are gona loose me. They feel like they have lost my brother because he is gay and my parents did not take it well.

This tells me that your parents love you a lot. If you move out then they will believe that Islam made you move out. So stay with them and be as nice to them as much as you can. Smile a lot whether they respond to your smile or not. Help your mother in her chores. Happily jump up and do things at their command. Remember that these acts are also considered as "Ibadah" meaning it is part of Islam and part of worshiping Allah (SWT) because he has ordered us to be kind to our parents. You will get great rewards for doing it.

At the same time be firm on your faith, pray in you room with door open so that they could see the method of Muslim prayers, and believe me it affects people. I hope that if you could do this for a couple of months you will see the difference. This way you will not only save yourself from difficulties but also save your parents and other family members from hellfire. InshaAllah.

Sister congratulations on becoming a Muslim and we all love you for the sake of Allah. InshaAllah you will pass thru this phase with flying colors.
Please keep us posted on your situation. May Allah help you and guide you. Ameen.

Please read this story of Aminah Issilmi: http://www.welcome-back.org/profile/aminah1.shtml

:wasalam:

poetic

mrs aisha b
Salaam Alaikum,

First I want to say congratulations on becoming muslim MashAllah!
I am a convert myself and my parents especially my step dad (he has been my one and only dad since birth) are pretty well unbelievers and they dont live an Islamic life what so ever, the complete opposite of Islam for the most part. I had trouble telling them and they took it as a big joke, my parents sdtill dont take it too seriously.. My advice to you is show them how beautiful Islam is, stay positive no mater how you are feeling, you want to show them Islam is pease and about your hijab I think you should put it on with pride in your house and leave from there, this will show them you take this seriously, show them both love help with chores around the house, practice your salah, give them knowledge that you know already on Islam, let them ask questions correct them about it in a nice manner.. If you feel like your mom or dad may get really mad about the hijab and do anything physically abusive or anything to you please take it slow and maybe not rush into wearing it infront of them, but remember as soon as you step out that door there are eyes and those are the eyes of shaytaan so i would put on the hijab asap maybe cover your head with something like a hood then when you first get in your car put it on..just dont do anything to danger your life.. May Allah subhan wa ta'ala guide you in the right path, also guide me in the right path too, and Allah subhan wa ta'ala please forgive me for anything ive said or done wrong, I am replying to your post with good intentions, I do not meen to write anything false or hurtful to you sister.