finishing it (the prayer) (with Taslim) he said: "Do you
realize (the importance of) this night?" Nobody present on the
surface of the earth tonight will be living after the
completion of one hundred years from this night."
Bukhari 1:116

I want the explanation of this hadith

abuayesha

:wasalam:

Who knows? It could be an indication from the Prophet sallallaahu alaihi wasallam to them (the Ashaab) to take action to preserve Islaamic Teachings for the coming generations. Allaah knows the best.

Wassalaam

abuayesha

What was the wisdom in the Hadith? That is what we should learn. I am not justifying my opinion but anything Allaah's Apostle sallallaahu alaihi wasallam said there is a meaning in it. If he sallallaahu alaihi wasallam used an adjective it should not be taken as an adjective.

Quote:
\\" Nobody present on the surface of the earth tonight will be living after the
completion of one hundred years from this night."\\ Unquote:

Why this was said? There should be a reason. Allaah asks to think about His creations, the wisdom behind them. That command is regarding Al-Qur'an, the Kalaamullaah. If so, why should not we think about Ahadith.

It is true everyone who lived on that particular night died within that HUNDRED years. So, there should be a reason behind this prediction.

Wassalaam

daywalker

It is true everyone who lived on that particular night died within that HUNDRED years. So, there should be a reason behind this prediction.

THe explaination of this hadith which is populer , is infront of you. ANd not in every qawl(comment) of prophet mohammad(sw) a wisdom must be there. IF it would be importent then schoalrs would also brought infront of us.

abuayesha

THe explaination of this hadith which is populer , is infront of you. ANd not in every qawl(comment) of prophet mohammad(sw) a wisdom must be there. IF it would be importent then schoalrs would also brought infront of us.

Dear Brother, I agree with you if it is about a jurisdiction.

Whenever, there is a new scientific invention the meaning of Al-Qur'an and Al-Hadith expands. During the time of the Prophet sallallaahu alaihi wasallam the Ashaab of the Prophet radhiyallaahu anhum did not ask questions whenever there is a saying which refer to science. I do not find anything like that. If anyone knows please let me know.

The explanation of the Qur'an given by the scholars one thousand years back are being revised in the modern age as new scientific findings - new findings of the secret of Allaah's creations- are known. It does not mean that the scholars of yesteryears are neglected or defamed. It should not be interpreted like that!

With due respect, we should research and find out the truth and the wisdom of those sayings so that it will help for us to enhance our knowledge and it will help us to explain them to non-Muslims who might argue saying that anyone can tell a number and say so.

Not all teachers enter Universities. Not all undergraduates passed out with honours, 1st class and so on. There are students better than their teachers on particular subjects.

Allaah knows the best.

May Allaah protect all of us from evil and guide us on the right path.

Wassalaam.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
As long as i can remember i read somewhere that no sahabi(rd) will be alive after 100 years of prophet(sw) death.

:salam2:

that has always been the correct view. when i first read that hadith, i was like " is this a false prophecy? " but then i read it again and then understood it for it's true meaning.

abuayesha

:salam2:

that has always been the correct view. when i first read that hadith, i was like " is this a false prophecy? " but then i read it again and then understood it for it's true meaning.

Indeed, this is not a false prophecy. What I try to tell is that there is another meaning between the lines. That was the meaning I wrote earlier. Allaah knows the best.

Wassalaam