Question about EID

Isra

aka Tree2008
:salam2:

You cannot get fired from a job in the United States for wearing a hijab. Its unlawful for any business to do so.

If you believe that it was due to wearing the hijab, then you can hire a lawyer and sue the company. Recently, a Muslim girl sued Abercrombie & Fitch for not hiring her because she was a hijabi. And she is winning the case.

G'luck!

Wa alaikome salam....

You cannot get fired in the United States for wearing a hijab?????? You should say it is against the law for a company to fire you for wearing a hijab. That would be correct but to say you CANNOT get fired in the United States for wearing a hijab is like saying if you kiss a toad he will turn into a prince. Realistically speaking you CAN get fired in the United States for wearing a hijab although of course they wont SAY that is the reason they are firing you. They will say its any number of other reasons but when you put 2+2 together it usually equals 4 unless you are maybe on another planet. I was smart enough to realize I would be taking a huge chance in the day job if I asked to wear it. I knew they couldnt fire me for it but I also knew they would agree then little by little my hours would be cut until I didnt have any hours at all. I knew that about the store.......after all there is a dress code and a uniform. But the night job really fooled me. Wearing hijab did not effect my performance in my job whatsoever and I figured since they actually gave me a special room to pray in it would be ok to wear it.

But..........I did get fired and for a reason they made up about being on the internet during company time which everyone who works there is on the internet the same as I was and in fact they were just laughing about the girl on 3rd shift ordered some product online and the confirmation email went to my bosses secretaries email address. They LAUGHED about it but not more than one week later I was fired for being on the internet. I would try to fight it but I did after all sign a paper acknowledging that if I was caught using the internet I could be terminated so I wouldnt win a case and I cannot prove they fired me for wearing hijab. So ok that job is gone and I have learned a valuable lesson but please dont ever say you CANNOT get fired in the United States for doing something that is against the norm because that is just not true. Maybe in a perfect world but I think we can all agree this world is far from perfect.