Question about Muslim marrying Christian?

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:
I think alot of people know Muslims males are allowed to marry womens of the book by that i mean christian and jewish women But why aren't Muslim womens allowed to marry christian or Jewish guyz?
Thank You

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

FATWA 21047 IQA
Why is it not permissible for a Muslim woman to marry a kaafir man

It is permissible for Muslim men to marry women who are not Muslim, so why are Muslim women not permitted to marry men who follow a religion other than Islam?

Praise be to Allaah.
It is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a woman from among the People of the Book, a Jewish or Christian woman, but not a woman from any other kaafir religion, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Made lawful to you this day are At-Tayyibaat [all kinds of Halaal (lawful) foods, which Allaah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits)]. The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them. (Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time when you have given their due Mahr (bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage)…”

[al-Maa’idah 5:5]

This refers to chaste women from among the People of the Book, not immoral women. It is not permissible for a Muslim woman to marry a mushrik who is not a Muslim, no matter what his religion is. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al-Mushrikoon till they believe (in Allaah Alone) and verily, a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik (idolater), even though he pleases you. Those (Al-Mushrikoon) invite you to the Fire…”

[al-Baqarah 2:221]

And because Islam should prevail and not be prevailed over, as is stated in the religion of Islam.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr

It is known that the man is the stronger party and the one who dominates the lives of the family, his wife and children. So it is not wise for a Muslim woman to marry a kaafir man who will dominate her life and the life of her children, the consequences of which will be very serious, as there is the possibility that he may divert her from her religion and raise the children in his own religion.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

The Begum

salams. i dnt have much knowledge on this but its something along the lines of...the children must always take the religion of the father and so if a muslim woman marries a non-muslim then the child won't be muslim...if u get my drift. i will certainly do some reasearch and get back to u on this properly inshallah...
walsm.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Also, here is a video that talks about the religion being compromised if a woman marries a non-muslim man. The video is about 20 minutes but it is worth viewing it goes into a little more detail and gives some examples of how something so simple dealing with the mans culture can jeopardize the women practising her deen correctly in Islam.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43803

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

all praises are due to ALLAH SWT. ALLAH SWT in his word, the noble quran does allow for male muslims to marry women amongst the people of the Book i.e. Jews and Christians. since ALLAH SWT's has made such marriages halal, means that we as believing muslims shouldn't question ALLAH SWT on his ruling on this issue.

i do wish to say to my fellow muslim brothers this: we have countless numbers of fine muslim sisters that are desperately seeking spouses, muslim spouses; that are right now alone and unmarried. many of them are not expecting huge dowries or a luxurious lifestyle, they are just asking for respect and good treatment. brothers, i know it's hard to turn down a pretty american blonde. but it's in our best interests, especially in the world we live in today, to marry a muslim woman. in other words marrying a person of the book is halal, but it's of greater benefit to marry a muslim woman.
:wasalam:

vironchopin

...brothers, i know it's hard to turn down a pretty american blonde. but it's in our best interests, especially in the world we live in today, to marry a muslim woman. in other words marrying a person of the book is halal, but it's of greater benefit to marry a muslim woman.

This is hillarious...lol...thanks sister to remind everyone here. Anyway is there any man around who could really resist pretty women? It is a fitrah of human to appreciate something nice but in islam of course there is limitation.

When this question arises, why muslim woman is prohibitted to marry non-muslim man, I would just say, it is a decree from Allah and His Rasool, and as His slaves, we are bound to obey. (Not much question asked). Blind date or love should never blind one's heart and away from the truth of Islam.

Wassalaam

Amir_of_spain

Its not a joke brother viron, Umar RA at one point banned muslims from marrying christain women. And Yes, we can resist a pretty women, not everyone is weak in the knees. Also explaining certain things can help improve someones understanding and therefore help encourage them to practise.

Amir

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I can not believe that our brothers are so brainwashed that on a Muslim site they write about wanting blonde females. This statement alone returns us to the days of wanting to be the master. You get his woman.
Here we are in Ramandan and young brothers are lusting after the symbol of sexual oppression. And we wonder why we can not get anything done.

justoneofmillion

all praises are due to ALLAH SWT. ALLAH SWT in his word, the noble quran does allow for male muslims to marry women amongst the people of the Book i.e. Jews and Christians. since ALLAH SWT's has made such marriages halal, means that we as believing muslims shouldn't question ALLAH SWT on his ruling on this issue.

i do wish to say to my fellow muslim brothers this: we have countless numbers of fine muslim sisters that are desperately seeking spouses, muslim spouses; that are right now alone and unmarried. many of them are not expecting huge dowries or a luxurious lifestyle, they are just asking for respect and good treatment. brothers, i know it's hard to turn down a pretty american blonde. but it's in our best interests, especially in the world we live in today, to marry a muslim woman. in other words marrying a person of the book is halal, but it's of greater benefit to marry a muslim woman.
:salam2:HAHA you are right and hilarious brother although it is easier to marry a non Muslim woman nowadays!so sad it might be .Let me tell you just one thing you should know about, i know some muslim women who would put your American blonds to shame for their nakedness if it is beauty that you are referring to,fact is i have to finish my school inshallah soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon am going koukou!:)
wassalaam
jameel

aidanism

Wow, I was just thinking about this issue and someone put it up. Anyways, I know that muslim men can marry people of the Book but is it still okay now? Seeing as to how there are new testaments created etc. Or is it when they say 'people of the book' it means people who still follow the true and original books? I mean, i have christian friends who are pious christians but theyre following new testaments. so can muslim men still marry these christian girls?
Anyways, I agree with Nyerekareem. I know a couple of muslim girls seeking husbands at this very moment.
But, Allah swt knows best...
InshaAllah, there will be more muslim marriages and more muslim babies :) Strength in numbers maybe?

aidanism

Assalammualaikum, thank you for sharing. A couple of months back a non muslim male asked me why he has to be a muslim before he can marry a muslim girl and he asked "what makes you muslims so special that we have to change religion to marry you? why are you so selfish? why cant we live as husband and wife in harmony, each practicing our own religion?"

wish I had this then! :)

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
First of all thank you everyone for replying ... this has been a great discussion and im glad my questions got so many ppl's attention

I would like to clarify someone mention that this quesiton could be related to someoen being interested in a hot blond lol ok ... just to clarify :) beauty is everywhere a hot blond :p is not always beautiful secondly if you love someone it doesn't matter is wat ethnicity she belongs too ... We all are humans created by Allah (swt) so i dont think being white brown or black has anything to do it ... Allah swt loves us and love is a trait of Allah (swt) so i think a marriage should be based on love not any other reason ... and i would like to clarify here Love is a beautiful thing and its the beauty of Allah (swt) that we can feel such a marvellous thing

Sacred_Thought

If Islam says that the Muslim man and woman are equal, how can they be separate but equal? Does this not seem odd, then, that the Muslim man can marry (essentially) who he pleases, yet the woman can marry whoever is the Muslim man? Then tell me this, why not make it haram to intermarry with ANY but the Muslim?

It is said that the woman must be dominated by the man? And in this day and age, in the West at least, where a woman can do whatever she chooses, even run her own household, how can that which is prescribed in the Qur'an apply today?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Your question is excellent.

When a woman marries outside her faith she is left unprotected. She has noone. She is outside the path. Everything is an uphill battle. Her every intention is questioned. It is next to impossible to live in a lifestyle that is halah. A non Muslim man will not respect the dictates of Allah subhana talla. In Islam there are specifications for prayers before sexual intercourse. A non Muslim man will not perform the prayers. Even the most intimate act between husband wife now falls out of the realm of scared.
In short, if a person decides to live a Muslim life they need a partner who understands the importance of that lifestyle and supports it.

Western women are not liberated. But, that is the topic of another post.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Quick correction they cannot marry who they choose only women of the book Christain or Jew.

It does not seem odd to me at all. Muslim men and women are created equally. The problem is "what is considered equal to you."

For example to me men and women are created equally we both have heads, arms, legs, eyes, mouth, nose, etc..., correct? But, even though we are equal we have different qualities. Just to name a few. For men they have stronger personalities and are less emotional. Were women are the opposite they normally are the weaker sex physically and emotionally.

So, even though we are equal our characteristics differ. That is why men have certain rights over women and women have certains rights over men in Islam. and Allah knows best why he decreed what he has for either sex. So, with that said to answer your question it would not be logical for a woman to marry a non muslim since she is considered the weaker sex and in any religion the man is the head of the household.

He has more control over situations leaving woman to compromise the religion just to obey their husband. Really, we have seen women being persuaded to do things that they probably would not do by men all the time. Were as if a man marries a non-muslim women (only Christain or Jew) like I said before he is the head of his household. A woman is not going to come in and put him in situations that compromises his religion for her or let her bring things that are prohibited in Islam in his household, etc.

Also, in addition to that women will be put in situations compromising the religion of the children. If a muslim man marries a non-muslim that is less likely to happen that their religion will be anything other than Islam. The list of why it is not apporipriate or allowed can go on and on. A man is just not going to be subjected to all of these difficulties when taking a non-muslim as his wife whereas a women will at some point.

Inshallah you watched the video I posted by Bilal Phillips it is a good video at the end he gets in a few details explaining why this is not a good idea.