Question about Polygany

dianek

Id love to learn how to cook.

So I can make my wife /wives happy with my food. :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Ur husband seems to be very unthankfull. :astag:

I don't think you can have them all at the same table......atleast from my perspective.....I would probably strangle the others.......women can be very nasty when we're jealous.....LOL!:SMILY303:

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
Also, personally I dont agree with Polygany. Polygany has split up more families than save them. You can really complicate things if you get into it.

Allah almighty has permitted men to marry more then 1 wife, and there is many logical sound reasons behind them and they apply much more so during the early period of islamic history. However its not a fardh to marry more than one women, so if dislike to have more than 1 wife then its not compulsory for men to marry extra women. We shouldnt say i disagree with this practise as allah has allowed it, however if we feel its not neccessary for our own personal situation because you are ok with having 1 wife then that position is fine. Basically its a optional and we shouldnt go on and on saying i wouldnt do this or i disagree with it etc, allah knows best.

That was my opinion. The reason I dont preffer it is because I dont agree with having more than one wife personally. It doesn't work out in many cases.

:wasalam:

Amir_of_spain

Thanks for the concise response. But one question remains is why can they have relations with their slaves, intimately? And why would islam allow slavery if we should all be slaves to Allah and no other?

Bacially 1400 yrs ago slavery was just a everyday practise, way of life, a bussiness, just like people go work today, people worked as slaves and in return their masters (employers) gave in return food and shelter as poverty was just a fact of life for many back then who had little or nothing. Now when islam came for the new religion to say slaverly is haram it would have been met with 100% opposition, its like scientists saying pollution is dangerous so everycountry needs to make it haram. So instead what the new religion did is 1st establish that all human beings are equal on a general level, thus a slave was equal to his master in reality, and was a slave to his master only from a worldly point not from a religious, spiritual point. 2nd gave slaves rights eg food, clothing, relgious, human rights that their masters must observe. 3rd made freeing slaves a great major good deed thus encouraging slaverly to slowly end. As for having relations with ones' slave' this is related to the cultural, social and political situation of the times. As many slaves were gained through war and it served as increasing in number.

dianek

Thanks for the concise response. But one question remains is why can they have relations with their slaves, intimately? And why would islam allow slavery if we should all be slaves to Allah and no other?

Bacially 1400 yrs ago slavery was just a everyday practise, way of life, a bussiness, just like people go work today, people worked as slaves and in return their masters (employers) gave in return food and shelter as poverty was just a fact of life for many back then who had little or nothing. Now when islam came for the new religion to say slaverly is haram it would have been met with 100% opposition, its like scientists saying pollution is dangerous so everycountry needs to make it haram. So instead what the new religion did is 1st establish that all human beings are equal on a general level, thus a slave was equal to his master in reality, and was a slave to his master only from a worldly point not from a religious, spiritual point. 2nd gave slaves rights eg food, clothing, relgious, human rights that their masters must observe. 3rd made freeing slaves a great major good deed thus encouraging slaverly to slowly end. As for having relations with ones' slave' this is related to the cultural, social and political situation of the times. As many slaves were gained through war and it served as increasing in number.

could slaves not mulitply amongst themselves? Why would the "masters" want to multiply with slaves? And why would the WIVES accept this logic? I am not saying anything agains God but this piece just dumbfounds me. So basically women were just used for propogation of the world.....with little emotions?

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

Actually by the men propagating with their slaves they were making more free people because the child must be freed. If a child is born between two slaves then the child would remain a slave until(if) freed. No other society has put the limitations on slave owners as Islam has. The slaves were to be treated as family and treated superbly. Diane, you and I were raised in a society that prracticed a horrible form of slavery so I think it colors our feelings towards slavery. But we must not be too hasty to judge what we view as "slavery." In all honesty I think this is an academic discussion at best since true slavery isn't practiced anymore.

One cannot say slavery is forbidden in Islam because the Quran is very clear about how a master is to treat his slave...they must give them better clothes then they wear themselves, they must feed them better food than they eat, they must give them a better bed to sleep on. This does not sound like slavery being forbidden but rather restrictions placed on slavery. (just like polygyny) You are rewarded for freeing slaves but you are not punished for having slaves if you treat them correctly.

Wasalaam

~Sarah