Question

trying2learn

If a muslim man is cheating on his wife, and his wife has told him over and over how much this hurts her, and he promises to stop,and doesn't stop, then can the wife leave the husband?

Idris16

Examples of acceptable reasons for asking one’s husband for khula’

Is it possible for the wife to get a khula even if the husband will not agree to it? Can you mention some reasons ?.

Praise be to Allaah.​

I put this question to our Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Jibreen, and he answered as follows:

If a woman dislikes her husband’s treatment of her – for example, he is over-strict, hot-tempered or easily-provoked, or gets angry a lot, or criticizes her and rebukes her for the slightest mistake or shortcoming, then she has the right of khula’ [female-instigated divorce].

If she dislikes his physical appearance because of some deformity or ugliness, or because one of his faculties is missing, she has the right of khula’.

If he is lacking in religious commitment – for example, he doesn’t pray, or neglects to pray in jamaa’ah, or does not fast in Ramadaan without a proper excuse, or he goes to parties where haraam things are done, such as fornication, drinking alcohol and listening to singing and musical instruments, etc. – she has the right of khula’.

If he deprives of her of her rights of spending on her maintenance, clothing and other essential needs, when he is able to provide these things, then she has the right to ask for khula’.

If he does not give her her conjugal rights and thus keep her chaste because he is impotent (i.e. unable to have intercourse), or because he does not like her, or he prefers someone else, or he is unfair in the division of his time [i.e., among co-wives], then she has the right to ask for khula’.

And Allaah knows best.​

Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Jibreen​

About Your question, then that's something serious. To commit adultery [while married]. Because the punishment for that is really severe, that's STONING. So why shouldn't the wife not be able to divorce??

abdul-aziz

LINK: Acceptable Reasons For Asking One's Husband For Divorce

About Your question, then that's something serious. To commit adultery [while married]. Because the punishment for that is really severe, that's STONING. So why shouldn't the wife not be able to divorce??

:salam2:

jazakAllahukhairan, with all due respect, you should not make such a statement.

All issues of separation needs to be handled by a sheik. In a muslim country she would have to present her plea to a court.

I would suggest seeking advice and consultation with a sheik. This is very important.

eventhough there is punishment for adultry, there needs to be multi witnesses.

:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

better you discuss all the things with your husband sister. tell him that if he dont stop cheating, it could break the family.

if possible, try to bring religious ppl or families of you both who can reconcile you both. because, husband-wife can separate but what about the mother-father of your child (if any) sister?

may Allah protect all of us. ameen

Idris16

Salam alaykum warahmatullah Ahmed

Did she say it's about her or did she speak hypothetically?

Abdul-Azis, what do you mean? Yes witnesses and other things are needed of course. And adultery is a serious thing and the wife can divorce because of that!!

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
If a muslim man is cheating on his wife, and his wife has told him over and over how much this hurts her, and he promises to stop,and doesn't stop, then can the wife leave the husband?

SISTER..:)

Divorce is the most hateful things from the sight of ALLAH AZZAWAJAL ,among the things which HE has made lawful

SO WE HAVE TO THINK THOUSANDS OF TIMES BEFORE WE TAKE A CONCLUSION...

I am not married, so I dont thing that I am matured enough to advise you..:shymuslima1: BUT I can tell what I know and feel, right?

When a husband and a wife is having some problems..Islam tells you to discuss the matter with the elders from both the sides..:)

They might help you, or advise you so that there is a possibility for the peace to be born :hijabi:

So, basically... just seek the guidance from experienced + ISLAMIC people so that it might help..

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

A fatwa has been provided and shows that divorce is permitted in cases of infidelity. While divorce is hated in Islam it is permissible. Adultery is 1000% haram and there is no precedent of "just talk it out with your husband and tell him how you feel" when it comes to this.

If my husband went outside our marriage it would be an instant divorce for me. For two reasons, he obviously lost his fear of Allah and also because I am now at risk for contracting STDs. No thank you.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

On the other side of the scope there are two things. One if forgiveness. Which is held high in Islam.

And as Allah subhana talla knows the nature of man He has permitted polygamy.

trying2learn

Yes, I understand about men being allowed to have more than wife, however if the husband and wife entered a marrriage contract together and the husband knew that other women were not permissible, and he agreed to this to marry his wife. Yes, I understand about speaking to elders, but if that does not work, what if the trusted elders try to help, but the husband ignores them? How long should one continue to be hurt emotionally, when it is causing the wife to lose faith in everything?

OH, thank you for the concern, but this is not about me, I am asking to educate myself, because I know someone in this situation, and I want to learn much in case she comes to me to ask for advice, I want to have knowlegde to answer her with and not opinion or speculation.