Questions, please help!

Maloua

Hey :)

I hope your all doing fine.

I have not converted yet, but hopefully I will soon.

The reason I have not converted yet is because of my grandmother.
She the only family I have left, and she is a christian, and here in my country a lot of what you hear in tv and radio about Islam is bad .. They don't know anything about Islam. And neither does my grandmother, my boyfriend is a muslim (he's not the reason I want to convert) and she loves him, but she doesn't like Islam she think it's bad bescause of what she see in the tv ..

Its very hard for me because I really want to tell her that I'm planning to convert to Islam, and I want her to be a part of it.. But I'm really scared of her reaction.. She's old . I don't know what to do ???

I feel that if I don't tell her about it, it would be like I'm not proud of being a muslim, but I can't wait to convert I have been studying Islam for over 2 years and I have never felt so happy before in my life. It's like everyday is just getting better, before I found Islam I could wake up and just be sad for no reason, but know I wake (maybe sleepy) but happy :)

I'm so thankful I found Islam, and I'm so happy I met my boyfriend because he's the one who told me about Islam.

I hope you can help me ?

Thank you :SMILY259:

Living Soul

:salam2:

Sister happy to know that you r trying to be on the true path in belief. Islam is the only religion that satisfies our inquisitive minds. however I wud suggest you to take "Shahada" (Declaration by which you can become a muslim) as soon as possible. You dont need to tell anyone including your grandmother unless u feel secure and confident enough to make open declaration. Because no one knows you will alive tomorrow or not. If you die without declaration though knowing in your heart that Islam is the true religion then you will go to hell (God Forbid). So just say the following declaration and revert to Islam.

"Ash Hado An La ilaha Ilalaho Wahdaho La Sharikalaho

Wa Ash Hado Ana Muhammadan Abdo hu Wa Rasuloho"

It means that "I bear witness that there is no god worthy of worship then Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him is Allah's messenger and Servant"..

:wasalam:

hijabi786

To my dear sis :)

mashaAllah (praise to Allah) sis!!!!

its great to hear that you are thinking of reverting to islam this is great news! i hope Allah helps you strive and learn more about the Deen (Religion) everyday and make it easy for you inshAllah (God willing)....

i can fully understand why you may be scared of telling your grandmother....however perhaps this may be the opportunity for you to rectify the misconceptions that she's heard on the tv and radio....

the best attribute and form of dawah(invitation to islam) to any non muslim is through your own personality and behaviour. At the end of the day i'm sure your grandmother wants you to be happy and if she sees that islam makes you happy and that meaning you want to become a muslim then God willing...she will accept if not now then in good time.....

you can tell your grandma what you love so much about islam and the reasons as to why you want to revert and that you will still be the same grandaughter and that you will not treat her any differently.....

most importantly don't underestimate the power of dua (supplication)! :tti_sister:
make plenty of it and no doubt Allah will make it easy for you!

I hope my advice has been of some use to you :)

Good luck!

Allah hafiz

:hijabi:

muthmainnah

Hi Maloua...
Alhamdulillah you have found Islam and it's only one steap ahead you can embrace this straight path by declared the Shahada (I bear witness that there is no god worthy of worship except Allah and I bears witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah). You could say it alone in your room and you have become a muslim ^_^. Of course it will be better if you said this shahada in your local masjid in front of imam masjid and the jama'ah. But my suggestion is do not delay it because we do not know if tomorrow we're still alive and by being a muslim Allah will reward you Jannah (paradise) Insha Allah.
I think it's not necessary to tell your grandma about your convertion now, not this time...Allah will help you to handle this situation. Try to explain to her that Islam is not like what the media say, explain to her the beauty of Islam, while you're still can hide your being a Muslim. Do not forget to pray to Allah that He will open your grandma's heart to accept the truth of Islam. He is the one who owns people's heart so He capable to make your grandma to accept Islam. And also like one sister said above, show Islam to her with your good behaviour, that you have become a good girl by being a Muslimah.
And if her heart have softened then you can tell her of your convertion.

May Allah make things easier for you to embrace this straight path....Maloua.

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Good news and we are waiting more good news, inshallah. Just want to add, when you become a muslim you should try not to sin. Having boyfriend and girlfriend is forbidden in Islam. I think you should get marry with him or avoiding seeing him at all. Otherwise you will be sinning.

Forgive me, if may hurts u.

Maloua

Hey everyone .

Thank you so much for all your help :) That means a lot to me.

I think I will convert very soon, and if I can't tell her right after I will wait a while.. But I will try to tell her all I can about Islam .. And when the time is right I will tell her. I hope Allah will forgive me for not telling her right away.

I have a friend who is also a convert, she going with me to see an imam, I hope it will be soon ..

Again thank you all so much.

Take care :SMILY128:

a_stranger

Dear sister
I pray that Allah swt make things easy for all of us, concerning your grandmother may be you should start to give comments about Islam when you have a chance , when something bad is said then it is your apportuinity to say something positive but quietly without telling her that you intend to become muslem.

ed209

im waiting for yr good news,sis :) Try to be a convert in an un-islamic environment is not so easy. At least, for me, what i see, what i listen, what i touch in this society is 100% secular, i can just pray alone, read Qur'aan alone and seek the mercy and miracles of Allah alone. Alhamdulillah if u think it is true, if u trust Allah s.w.t is the Creator of all worlds, Muhammad s.a.w. is His messenger, and in the end of time everyone among us will revive and be put onto the court of Allah, u'll store deep yr faith with any possible means. So dont be worry, dont be fearful, for u're not alone. On this planet, u wont know how many ppl r suffering the same situation and waiting for the same hope!

shichemlydia

answer

salam alikoum sister,
first i want to tell you that having boyfriends for ladies is forbidden in islam, ....don't get angry with me, the truth must be told.
for your grandmother, i guess there is no reason to please her in your conversion, because any human being should always think about death, what will happen to you if you die before converting, .
when you become a muslim, you can win the hearts of people just by behaving diferently in the best way, i heard a lot of stories of converts and they become beloved within their families for their positive change.
may allah guide you and your grandmother to his light, ameen,
wa salam alikoum

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Hey everyone .

Thank you so much for all your help :) That means a lot to me.

I think I will convert very soon, and if I can't tell her right after I will wait a while.. But I will try to tell her all I can about Islam .. And when the time is right I will tell her. I hope Allah will forgive me for not telling her right away.

I have a friend who is also a convert, she going with me to see an imam, I hope it will be soon ..

Again thank you all so much.

Take care :SMILY128:

Hi Malou,
If you want to convert, you do not need the presence of an imam to do so. In fact, you can do it to yourself or to a friend of yours who is a revert herself, then maybe do it in front of an imam.

You can keep your conversion a secret first , then later teach your grandmother slowly.

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: dear sister, You seem to feel extremely blessed that ALLAH has shown you the light of Islam. I would suggest, as the above brothers and sisters, that if in your heart you feel it is right for you, take Shahada, and a new life begins, Insha Allah. Sometimes the most positive reaction for reverts comes from where they would least expect it. When grandma mentions anything negative about Islam, try to talk to her gently, and when you feel the time is right tell her because you love her. When she sees you are more happy than ever, she will be happy for you too, Insha Allah :)

:wasalam:

Roby Rahman

Asalamualaikum

Sister, Welcome to one of the biggest family in the world. Alhamdulilah you are on the right path if you are seeking Allah swt. grace and mercy. May Allah guide you on this path of deen. But I would recommend that you make your Shahada ASAP because like everyone says you dont know when you will die.
Regarding your grandma you shouldnt worry so much. Have faith that Allah swt. will do whats best for you and your grandma, but keep in mind that you should give daawah(invitation to islam) to her.
And regarding your boyfriend please stop having a boyfriend or marry him if you love him because you are sinning if you continue to have a relationship of this kind without being married. May Allah grant you and the rest of the muslim ummah his mercy. Ameen.
:salam2:

tolgatemur

Dear Maloua,

If you believe in God the one and allmighty.if you accept Muhammed SAV as a prophet of GOD. You re allready muslim because you have faith to GOD

I am sure your boyfriend would respect you for your decision. it is normal for him to show some negative reactions for the first time. it is possibly because they dont know islam well. It is normal for them to feel anxious and fear for the thing they dont know.

I am sure their reflection is result of love your grandma and your boyfriend feel to you Maloua.

i wish happiness for your grandma and wish you and your boyfriend happiness for your relations.

I am sure they would understand you. :)

Kulsumfatima

Proud to be a Muslim
assalamu alaikum

Assalamu alaikum
dear sister its true u should not delay to convert b'coz only Allah subhanawataala knows whose time is up and who wont be given any further chance to stay alive
as concerning your grandma be kind polite to her show her what really islam is and the islam shown by the media is totally false

wassalam

Maloua

salam alikoum sister,
first i want to tell you that having boyfriends for ladies is forbidden in islam, ....don't get angry with me, the truth must be told.
for your grandmother, i guess there is no reason to please her in your conversion, because any human being should always think about death, what will happen to you if you die before converting, .
when you become a muslim, you can win the hearts of people just by behaving diferently in the best way, i heard a lot of stories of converts and they become beloved within their families for their positive change.
may allah guide you and your grandmother to his light, ameen,
wa salam alikoum

Hi :D

I know it's not ok to have boyfriends . I'm sorry to say that I have a boyfriend, but we're getting married after I convert so we can live together :)

He's NOT the reason I want to convert, but he showed me the beauty of Islam. So I'm so happy I met him:)

Thank you so much for your sweet words..

Wish you the best :SMILY33:

tolgatemur

Salam Aleykum,

Makin Zina in Islam is a sin. i didnt know having a boy/girl friend in moraly accepteable manner is a sin. I dont mean sexual relationship before marriage which is zina of course.

Zina : Sinful sexual relation between unmarried people with each other.