[READ] Searching Islam - Website I made

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

I wanted to share a very simple website I made recently (link at the bottom). It's basically a google powered search engine, the difference is, when you search for something, it filters out Anti-islamic/misleading websites.

People who are new to Islam or those with little knowledge would try searching for answers, only to be spammed by Islamophobic websites, some unfortunatly buy into this and are mislead. Even those who are knowledgeable, end up being fustrated by having to go through alot decieving sites.

For example, if you go on google and type "Taqiyya", you get this on the first page (jazakhallah to the brother who made this screenshot) -

39133206.png

As you can see it's bombarded by Anti-Islam websites, with the purpose to decieve the reader. However, if we do this same search on the filtered website (link at the bottom), we get this -

35jch7n.png

As you can see from above, the results are precise and they come from hand picked authentic Islamic websites. This way, you can find whatever you are looking for alot quicker.

I wanted to request two things from the brothers and sisters reading this;

a) That you could share the link with others you know.
b) That you could assist me in adding more Islamic websites to the search database.

In elaboration of b, I have added most of the main Islamic websites to the searches, there may have been some that I missed which I hope people can notify me of. The types of websites I'm looking to add are;

- Analytical websites (these websites are knowledge based and have alot of explanation of Islamic related material)
- Dedicated refute websites (websites that are dedicated to refuting Islamaphobes)
- Question and Answer websites (Involving answers given by Scholars)
- Websites that also refute deviant sects, such as Shia etc.

Blogs, forums etc. are also fine.

Here is a list of all the websites I've added so far - List

And that's basically it. This the website link, please save it -

www.searching-islam.com

Jazakhallakair for reading.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Cool! That's really awesome Mashaa'Allaah. I think you did a very good Job and Allah knows best. JazaakAllaahu Khayraan Katheera.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I wanted to share a very simple website I made recently (link at the bottom). It's basically a google powered search engine, the difference is, when you search for something, it filters out Anti-islamic/misleading websites.

People who are new to Islam or those with little knowledge would try searching for answers, only to be spammed by Islamophobic websites, some unfortunatly buy into this and are mislead. Even those who are knowledgeable, end up being fustrated by having to go through alot decieving sites.

For example, if you go on google and type "Taqiyya", you get this on the first page (jazakhallah to the brother who made this screenshot) -

39133206.png

As you can see it's bombarded by Anti-Islam websites, with the purpose to decieve the reader. However, if we do this same search on the filtered website (link at the bottom), we get this -

35jch7n.png

As you can see from above, the results are precise and they come from hand picked authentic Islamic websites. This way, you can find whatever you are looking for alot quicker.

I wanted to request two things from the brothers and sisters reading this;

a) That you could share the link with others you know.
b) That you could assist me in adding more Islamic websites to the search database.

In elaboration of b, I have added most of the main Islamic websites to the searches, there may have been some that I missed which I hope people can notify me of. The types of websites I'm looking to add are;

- Analytical websites (these websites are knowledge based and have alot of explanation of Islamic related material)
- Dedicated refute websites (websites that are dedicated to refuting Islamaphobes)
- Question and Answer websites (Involving answers given by Scholars)
- Websites that also refute deviant sects, such as Shia etc.

Blogs, forums etc. are also fine.

Here is a list of all the websites I've added so far - List

And that's basically it. This the website link, please save it -

www.searching-islam.co.nr

Jazakhallakair for reading.

Wa alaikumassalam warahmatullah,
Mashaallah bro,may Allah accept from you and reward you.Ameen
Great job.

Sister Zohra

Assalamu Alaikum,

This will be very useful, I will show this to my family and friends insha'Allah. It is very annoying when you are just trying to find some information and come across websites full of... baloney.

JazakAllah khair brother

alf2

Islam is a way of life
There used to be a GREAT halal search engine called "IMHALAL"

BUT SADLY THEY LOST FUNDING.

I used it DAILY. Now I will use this one, insha allah.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Asalaamu Alaikum,

39133206.png

wa'alaykum salaam

Wow ... And here I thought I had a lot of tabs!

Masha'Allaah brother, great endeavor, may Allaah reward you and make this heavy on your scales.

One thing though, just to mention, it's usually spelled "Islamophobes"

wasalaam

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
:salam2:,

LOL Samiha. I was going to point that out.

I used to open up to 20 tabs too but it just slows down the system and eventually the laptop can get stuck. Learned my lesson.

Fitzgerald. I remember that name from the movie "My Sister's Keeper".

Anyways, excellent work. We hope that more Muslims will come up with such search engines, Mashaa Allaah.

:wasalam:

strive-may-i

Few things:
0. Cleanup is inevitable.
1. Add some additional memory (modules) to the laptop
2. Use good 'bookmarks manager' and/Or 'Read It Later' browser add-on.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for your effort. MashAllah that is very usefull for all Muslims who use internet, and who get upset for seeing diffrent kind of sites which are against Islam.

But can you please explain me dear brother how to use this search engine InshAllah?

May Allah bless you.Ameen.

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Jazakallahkair for the comments.

Someone made a request and I was able to add it. Basically, when you search something, you will have results from authentic islamic websites, but seperatly, you can also see results from only Scholar based websites. Inshallah this will be useful to people.

As always, please suggest any scholar based sites that I may add. I think I have most of the main one's, but I'm sure I might be missing some. So please refer websites so I can add them.

Jazakallahkair.

Here's the example to show you the scholar results -

4kb37m.png

wa'alaykum salaam

Wow ... And here I thought I had a lot of tabs!

Masha'Allaah brother, great endeavor, may Allaah reward you and make this heavy on your scales.

One thing though, just to mention, it's usually spelled "Islamophobes"

wasalaam

Jazakallahkair,

I've fixed it. Please let me know if there's any other mistakes.

Few things:
0. Cleanup is inevitable.
1. Add some additional memory (modules) to the laptop
2. Use good 'bookmarks manager' and/Or 'Read It Later' browser add-on.

Asalaamu Alaikum,

I'll keep that in mind lol.

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for your effort. MashAllah that is very usefull for all Muslims who use internet, and who get upset for seeing diffrent kind of sites which are against Islam.

But can you please explain me dear brother how to use this search engine InshAllah?

May Allah bless you.Ameen.

Asalaamu Alaikum sister,

It's very easy to use.

1. You go here - http://www.searching-islam.com

2. In the box, you just type in any Islam related question.

And you will get results/answers from 100's of authentic Islamic based websites (it even searches TTI). This way, you can find what you're looking for easier and quicker, without any fustrations.

It's the halaal version of Google basically :)

Let me know if you have any problems.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for your explination.I thought it can be possible to make this search engine like your home page,instead of google search engine.

But I do not understand brother is this search engine completely accurate and does it show everything according to Quran and Sunnah? I have typed word " Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa saalam" and it appeared me page of deviant website which promotes celebration of Mawleed.

May Allah reward you once again brother for your effort.Amin.

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Updated the website.

- Improved the search results (especially for Scholar)
- Added a video/lecture search (Islamic videos/lectures only).
- Changed the look so it's easier for people to use.

Here's how it is -

vffltw.png

If you have any suggestions or anything, please let me know.

Jazakallahkair.

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for your explination.I thought it can be possible to make this search engine like your home page,instead of google search engine.

But I do not understand brother is this search engine completely accurate and does it show everything according to Quran and Sunnah? I have typed word " Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa saalam" and it appeared me page of deviant website which promotes celebration of Mawleed.

May Allah reward you once again brother for your effort.Amin.

Asalaamu Alaikum sister,

These are the websites I can filter;

- Anti Islamic
- Misleading websites
- Deviant sites (like Shia, Ahmadiyya etc.)
- And any other websites that are clearly fitnah.

However, when it comes to small matters of fiqh, it is difficult to filter out. For example, I do not support or believe in Mawlid, I believe it is an innovation, however there are unfortunatly respected scholars out there that see Mawlid as being ok.

Such as Ahmad Deedat, we all respect him, yet he did believe in Mawlid. Ibn Tayimma(ra) one of the most respected Scholars in Islamic history, also approved of Mawlid.

Due to the above, it would be inpractical to filter out Ahmad Deedat or Ibn Tayimma(ra) and the likes of those, because they have done alot of work from which people can gain knowledge and wisdom from. It is unfortunate that they differ in certain aspects.

Then there's the problem where the Wahabi may ask to filter something, the Salafi may ask the same etc. There are unfortunatly in such matters difference of opinions, like with all scholars. This is why no Muslim should just accept the opinion of one scholar on something. They should look at a vast array of opinions so they can have a good idea sound judgement on whether something is permissible or not.

When you search "Mawlid" on Searching-Islam, it shows alot of results from IslamQA and Abduraheem, both which forbid it and give excellent reasonings for it.

Sister, if you do however find a website where there is alot of deviancy, and it's not just a small difference of opinion (ie. They say you should celebrate Mawlid like Christians celebrate Christmas) which would be completly haram/against Shariah, then please let me know and I can immediatly remove that website.

If you have any suggestion on how I can better filter websites, please let me know.

Jazakallahkair.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:salam2:

:ma:

Thank you for sharing
this good information.
:jazaak:

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam :)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Asalaamu Alaikum sister,

These are the websites I can filter;

- Anti Islamic
- Misleading websites
- Deviant sites (like Shia, Ahmadiyya etc.)
- And any other websites that are clearly fitnah.

However, when it comes to small matters of fiqh, it is difficult to filter out. For example, I do not support or believe in Mawlid, I believe it is an innovation, however there are unfortunatly respected scholars out there that see Mawlid as being ok.

Such as Ahmad Deedat, we all respect him, yet he did believe in Mawlid. Ibn Tayimma(ra) one of the most respected Scholars in Islamic history, also approved of Mawlid.

Due to the above, it would be inpractical to filter out Ahmad Deedat or Ibn Tayimma(ra) and the likes of those, because they have done alot of work from which people can gain knowledge and wisdom from. It is unfortunate that they differ in certain aspects.

Then there's the problem where the Wahabi may ask to filter something, the Salafi may ask the same etc. There are unfortunatly in such matters difference of opinions, like with all scholars. This is why no Muslim should just accept the opinion of one scholar on something. They should look at a vast array of opinions so they can have a good idea sound judgement on whether something is permissible or not.

When you search "Mawlid" on Searching-Islam, it shows alot of results from IslamQA and Abduraheem, both which forbid it and give excellent reasonings for it.

Sister, if you do however find a website where there is alot of deviancy, and it's not just a small difference of opinion (ie. They say you should celebrate Mawlid like Christians celebrate Christmas) which would be completly haram/against Shariah, then please let me know and I can immediatly remove that website.

If you have any suggestion on how I can better filter websites, please let me know.

Jazakallahkair.

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for your explination.

I have find this site brother when I have typed search word " Prophet Mohammad sallahu alayha wa saalam", which is I belive is Suffi site Astagfirullah and it is completely devaint site and against Islaam Astagfirullah.

This is a link dear brother: http://darulfatwa.org.au/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

May Allah bless you. Ameen.

Perseveranze

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for your explination.

I have find this site brother when I have typed search word " Prophet Mohammad sallahu alayha wa saalam", which is I belive is Suffi site Astagfirullah and it is completely devaint site and against Islaam Astagfirullah.

This is a link dear brother: http://darulfatwa.org.au/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

May Allah bless you. Ameen.

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Jazakallahkair, I've removed it. :) If you know any others, let me know.