Really??? 5 times a day??????

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
It is hard to believe it.

Al-Malik
* The One with the complete Dominion, the One Whose Dominion is clear from imperfection.
* The King, The Monarch.

allows us the privilege of coming before him in SALAH 5 times a day.

I have to make a doctor's appointment six months in advance and hope that he sees me within an hour of my appointment.

And,

Al-Malik
* The One with the complete Dominion, the One Whose Dominion is clear from imperfection.
* The King, The Monarch.

Who is

Al-Baari'
* The Creator Who has the Power to turn the entities.
* The Inventor, The Creator.

Ar-Razzaq
* The Provider, The Sustainer.

Al-'Azim
* The One deserving the attributes of Exaltment, Glory and Purity from all imperfection.
* The Great, The Mighty.

permits us to come before him with intention of worship.

Allah truely is

Ar-Rahman
* The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers and the blasphemers in this world and especially for the believers in the hereafter.
* The Most Merciful.

Ar-Rahim
* The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers.
* The Most Compassionate.

Zul-Jalali wal-Ikram
* The One Who deserves to be Exalted.
* Lord of Majesty and Generosity.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
Valerie,

You have such an earnest desire to be submissive to ALLAH that I know from Al Quran that if, Insha Allah, you continue on the road, path, journey that you are on that you will be, Insha Allah, (for only Allah knows who will be) among those who have the joy of Jannah and need not fear Jahannam, Insha Allah.

You are a pleasure to read as your desire to please Allah is evident. I have to constantly die to self so that I can live for Allah. My ego is a beast. You seem to be so far on your journey to the correct intention.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
DON'T BE AFRAID

saalm 'alikum dear bro/sis.I've just read your thread and I understood that you are a little confused,but,believe in me,there is no difficult in prayer,if you like to be muslim.If someone choses to become muslim,it won't result a punishment to him,if he doesn't pray.So it's nearly impossible for a muslim not to pray five times a day!Why do you think that it's difficult to memorize the verses of Quran during the prayers?have you at least tried to do so?Don't be afraid,because there is only one think to fear in this materiel life:Allah.If you are able to get up everyday,well,it's thanks to Allah,and we all should consider the fact that there is nothing better than humiliating ourselves during our prayer.Or do you prefere to think eveything to be certain,so that you believe you to be the author of your actions?Who gave you the breath?Who gave you eyes,ears,hands,brain...?so if you feel proud in your intentions,you may feel 5 preyers a day so heavy that you would get far from them,but if you stop your mind and take a look to everything around you,if you smell how parfumed the nature is and how is fresh the water you use each day:maybe you'll feel that we all are very little,almost invisible in front of Universe,and it may sound natural for you,who are so perplexed,sitting on your knees and prostrating your head till touching the ground,and full your heart of peace,by asking Allah everything you wish.Allah gave us so little time to remember Him,that it could easy for each one to stop and pray on time:but people don't like to remember what Allah did for us,so they think about their job,their freetime,their hobbies...and they forget Whom Who gave them everything to be happy,so they begin to feel unsatisfied,unhappy and angry,because they didn't remember how easy was to be complete.
How can a muslim who doen't pray to be so??Islam has 5 pillars:if a muslim feels Islam in his heart,he may prays 5 or even more times a day,because a muslim prays,his weight of actions will get lighter,but if a non-muslim doen't pray,his weight of actions will get big as the mountain.Dear bro/sis,you are welcome to Islam,but you must be the first one to have the intention to enter.If you are in doubt,open the Quran and reflect:SMILY206:

sharazad

Sister
Salam aleikum Luis, i can feel your frustration, and also as a quite new muslim myself i can see how you might feel praying 5 times a day could be 'boring' and 'unfullfilling', but when actually praying, at least myself i feel more fulfilled :) And this is coming from someone who was an atheist for 11 years and now muslim Alhamdulillah! If this is not a reason to praise my Lord, then what is? I thank Allah everyday for guiding me on the right path and ask Him to keep me steadfast in my faith InshAllah. But now am just talking from my own personal experience..

Even when travelling, i tired something new, praying in a moving car. Prayer for me is like yoga, i shut out the world for the 2 minutes (LOL) and concentrate on worshipping and thanking my Creator. When you learnt the prayer in full, you will not feel like its taking a long time at all InshAllah.

May Allah bless you and help you in this journey inshAllah.