Reciting Al fatiha behind imam

Abdul25

Logical Believer
Asslam o alaykum..

yesterday i heard one ahle hadith scholar in Apkistan saying that reciting Al fatiha behind imam is fard.. means if u dont recite Al fatiha behind imam , your prayer is invalidated... and also he says if u meet imam in ruku then that rakaat will not be counted.... this is new to me... we have learnt that if u meet imam in ruku ur that rakkat is counted.. now what about this..

now this has made me confused...

All of my life i didnt say Al fatiha behind imam,, and also it means millions of Peoples prayers are invalidated..

plz rply

w salam..

daywalker

:salam2: Its has been one of the matter of dispute where scholars differ with each other for 1200 years. isnt big deal. Follow the scholars whom you trust inshallah.

Abdul25

Logical Believer
: Follow the scholars whom you trust inshallah.

now this is the problem.. follow whom..
every one gives reference from hadith and quran.. and for a person like me who never knew such differences before is making me mad..

means if i follow hanafi madhab is ok?..

but these ahle hadith guy was saying that hanafis are not on right path..

too bad for me..

daywalker

means if i follow hanafi madhab is ok?
Madhab´s are set up by salaf and updated by famous scholars of the madhabs later time. so any of 4 madhab you follow is ok because the evidences are set up on Quran-Sunnah-Ijma-Qiyas.
but these ahle hadith guy was saying that hanafis are not on right path..
leave so called guys at their place. follow the ulama who follow the step of salaf. Dont waste your time with the people who got "better than thou" mentality.

Ibn Uthaymin

Wa Laykum assalam.

The prophet sallahu alyhi wassalam allowed it, but later forbade it.

The prophet sallahu alyhi wassalam said: "He who has an Imaam, then the recitation of the Imaam is recitation fro him".

Recorded by Daraqutni,Ibn Maajah,Tahaawi and Imam Ahmad from numerous routes, musnad and mursal. Shaykul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah declared it strong.

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
Asslam o alaykum..

yesterday i heard one ahle hadith scholar in Apkistan saying that reciting Al fatiha behind imam is fard.. means if u dont recite Al fatiha behind imam , your prayer is invalidated... and also he says if u meet imam in ruku then that rakaat will not be counted.... this is new to me... we have learnt that if u meet imam in ruku ur that rakkat is counted.. now what about this..

now this has made me confused...

All of my life i didnt say Al fatiha behind imam,, and also it means millions of Peoples prayers are invalidated..

plz rply

w salam..
Esselamu alejkum
I say el-fatiha when imam doesn't say it with sound,while he does say it I just
hear him.That's it.We selam alejkum

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:salam2:
Brother I have done extensive research on this topic before and it remains a question of difference without a positive conclusion

Last ramadan Shiekh Mohammed Salah on Huda Tv was asked the same question he explained it saying there are two opinions on it either you recite Surah Fatiha in the silent rakat or after the imam says ameen.

Please have a look here http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/10995/fatiha The same question was asked to the Shiekh

A short excerpt from it: (the highlighted part is for the person who said your salah is not accepted if you do not recite Surah Al-Fatiha)
The Standing Committee was asked a similar question and replied as follows:

The correct scholarly opinion is that it is obligatory to recite al-Faatihah when praying alone and it is obligatory upon the imam and those whom he is leading both in prayers where Qur’aan is to be recited out loud and when it is to be recited silently, because of the soundness and specific nature of the texts which indicate that. The aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“So, when the Qur’aan is recited, listen to it, and be silent that you may receive mercy”

[al-A’raaf 7:204] is general in meaning. The hadeeth, “When the Qur’aan is recited then listen attentively” is general and applies both to al-Faatihah and other soorahs. These two texts are general in meaning, and the following hadeeth refer to an exception to that rule:

“There is no prayer for the one who does not recite the Opening of the Book.” Thus we may reconcile all the proven evidence. The hadeeth “The recitation of the imaam is the recitation of the one who is praying behind him” is da’eef (weak). It is not correct to say that the Ameen of the congregation to the imaam’s recitation of al-Faatihah takes the place of their own recitation. The differences of opinion among the scholars concerning this matter should not be taken as a means to hate one another, and to divide and turn our backs on one another. Rather you have to study the matter in more detail and find out more. If one of you is following a scholar who says that the one who is praying behind an imam has to recite al-Faatihah during prayers in which Qur’aan is to be recited out loud, and others are following a scholar who says that they must be silent and listen to the imam in prayers where Qur’aan is to be recited out loud, and that the imam’s recitation of al-Faatihah is sufficient, there is nothing wrong with that. There is no need for one group to denounce the other, or to hate one another because of that.

They have to be open-minded about differences of opinion among the scholars, and about the reasons for that, and ask Allaah to guide them in matters concerning which there are differences of opinion as to what is correct, for He is the All-Hearing, Ever-Responsive. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

So personally I feel if we feel its good for us we should recite or else no problem. We don't have the right to say whose prayer is accepted or not even if we pray well only ALLAH knows either its accepted or not.