:salam2:

danyal_1992

Dear brothers and sister i m new to this web. i m from karachi,pakistan.
i m 15 year old. I have joined this websites many months ago. my name is Danyal.
I want to ask a question that why only man have names like Abdullah,Abdurrehman,etc.why not sisters?

Allah's messenger (peace and blessing be upon him) said,"Don't consider anything insignificant if it were to meet your brother with smile"

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
Welcome to tti brother. insha allah u will learn a lot from here. masha allah that's a good question. i just simply thought that names like; Abd el Rahmaan, were men names. but dont know the actual reason brother.

massi

Welcome to TTI
in Arabic language we use Abd ( عبد- slave) for male and for femele we say Amah (أمة-slave) ...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
welcome to tti

:bismillah:
wa alaykum aslam fisrt of all :SMILY206: to tti and the qustion you `ve asked i have been wondering that too. as we know Abdi is salve and Allah is Allah meaning the salave of Allah but womens are also slave of Allah maybe scholars know why i hope somebody in here knows why. anyways :SMILY206: to tti once again.

AbuHarris

Brother
Dear brothers and sister i m new to this web. i m from karachi,pakistan.
i m 15 year old. I have joined this websites many months ago. my name is Danyal.
I want to ask a question that why only man have names like Abdullah,Abdurrehman,etc.why not sisters?
[..]
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله
Welcome, brother, to TTI. :SMILY206:
Regarding your question, there are also corresponding names for sisters in which instead of ʿAbd, used for brothers, you have Amat, used for sisters; so, for example, ʿAbd al-ʿAzīz (عبد العزيز) for brothers and Amat al-ʿAzīz (أمة العزيز) for sisters. In fact the name of the caliph Hārūn al-Rashīd’s wife was Amat al-ʿAzīz, but she is better known as Zubayda, a name given to her by her grandfather. There are sisters with Amat as first part of the name followed by one of al-asmāʾ al-ḥusnā known in history. However, some of these names are confined to some parts of the world, so not everybody knows about them. There are several studies devoted to onomastics (علم الأسماء). A detailed study of statistics of names of Arab origin and their geographic spread is a very interesting work in Arabic in two volumes:
Muʻjam asmāʾ al-ʻArab (= Dictionary of Arab names) in the series: Mawsūʻat al-Sulṭān Qābūs li-Asmāʾ al-ʻArab (= Sultan Qaboos Encyclopaedia of Arab names), [ʻUmān]: Jāmiʻat al-Sulṭān Qābūs, 1991.

I hope this answers your question, inshallah.

والسلام​

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum,

Welcome to TTI

It’s nice to have u join this lovely community.

Insha Allah u benefit from us as we from u.

Enjoy ur stay Insha Allah,

Take Care,

muslimah2010

NAMES LIKE THAT ARE FOR GUYS IS MY ONLY REASON I HAVE NO CLUE MAYBE ITS A CULTURAL THING. BY THE WAY WELCOME TO THE WEBSITE I'M 15 YEARS OLD TO MY NAME IS MARYAMA. I'M FROM SOMALIA MY MOM IS SOMALIAN AND MY DAD IS FROM YEMEN THIS WEBSITE IS GREAT. HAVE FUN PEACE

SALAAMA ALEIYKUM