Saudi New Rule: Women should work alone?

Perseveranze

It is Islamic, the intentions are prefectly right. They don't want opposites to mix, it can lead to sin.

A Woman can work with a man if there's literally no helping it, but it's recommended they don't mix (like in the west it can't be helped). Saudi Arabi are just helping the cause by giving this fatwa.

Aroosak

:wasalam:

From personal experience I can say that working for or with men is no the best thing for muslim women. Even in circumstances where the other person is strictly professional and there is mutual respect I think men are men and women are women and boundaries can be easily crossed. I think this law does not contradict in any way any islamic teaching. I think that if we all could choose to work in a place where there are only women things will be easier in all aspects.

However I worry this fatwa will further limit the possibilities of women to get jobs. It is already tough for women in Saudia to get a job where they can use their abilities, where they are not discriminated not counting the fact that some women cannot go to certain jobs since they cannot afford a driver (due to the banning of women driving). So since Islam is there to bring relief and not be a burden there should also be fatwas and laws accommodating women who have financial needs and need to obtain a job inshAllah.

JenGiove

:salam2:

I don't mean to come off sounding rude but could someone respectfully clarify this for me?

“Women’s work and education should be done without mingling with men. They should work in women-only workplaces, as Islamic teachings ban the mingling of sexes,”
In Saudi Arabia, what is considered "women-only" workplaces?

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah

This is great mashaAllah the worst thing I feared was to mix with men in uni/school/work, too bad this law isn't being decided in England ...
InshaAllah Ima learn Arabic and - off to Arabia!

@JenGiove I believe women-only workplaces is exactly what the phrase says, women only work in those buildings

Allahu A'laam

JenGiove

This is great mashaAllah the worst thing I feared was to mix with men in uni/school/work, too bad this law isn't being decided in England ...
InshaAllah Ima learn Arabic and - off to Arabia!

@JenGiove I believe women-only workplaces is exactly what the phrase says, women only work in those buildings

Allahu A'laam

Sister,

I guess I was under the impression that they were speaking about women-only professions but I realized I was wrong in my thinking after reading the article. Here in the states, women had a long struggle to break the barrier of "this is a man's job and this is a woman's job"....and though it still exists in the minds of individual people, by law it's very rare to find something that is segregated. The article did say something that I thought to be quite true and a big cultural gap between the West and Saudi Arabia. "Neither men nor women have much opportunity to learn how they might interact with one another in non-sexual ways, which can lead to serious problems." I was going to comment further but decided against it....I just found that sentence striking, and somewhat sad.

Moatasem

Alselamalukm Brothers and Sisters

Actually and before we give our own opinion regarding the mix between men and woman, if we are really Muslims we have to look back to Qur'an and see what Allah Jel Jelalih said, because he is the creator of men and woman and he knows better than us about what is inside both of them,
I am just wondering about us we call for Islam we call for Allah and for loving Allah and for following Allah , but usually we only follow what we like,
I just give a simple example, if you go to buy any electrical equipment , we will immediately have a look into the attached manual and will follow exactly what is written there with blind eyes and heart, just because we trust the company which made the equipment because of course the know better than us.
So why when thing comes to religion which is Allah manual and Guideline, we start think and give opinions,
Allah is the creator we should follow his manual his guideline for our life, then believe me and I swear Allah we will find the whole happiness in our life.

Jazakom Allah AlJenah

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It makes little sense. And it is very unfair to Muslim women around the world. It is a double standard.

There are good Believing women who have to work to put food on the table for their families. I have posted many times about this.

There are women who have to ride buses to work, walk, commute etc. This is very elitist. Yes.

What about the poor woman. Is she not a Believer. There are many double standards here.

Women work out of economic necessities.

sachin4islam

Assalaam walaikum,

It makes little sense. And it is very unfair to Muslim women around the world. It is a double standard.

There are good Believing women who have to work to put food on the table for their families. I have posted many times about this.

There are women who have to ride buses to work, walk, commute etc. This is very elitist. Yes.

What about the poor woman. Is she not a Believer. There are many double standards here.

Women work out of economic necessities.

Assalamu Alaikum:

I am at consensus with you. Physical segregation,is immaterial until hearts are pure.

Regards.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Thank you brother.

When I work and I have to be with males trust me the last thing on mind is the man. All I want to do is go home. I am thinking about paying bills. How am I going to get money to fix the roof. I have to purchase clothes for my sons...they outgrow clothes every two months. I have to fix the car...it's personal property tax time etc etc etc.

When I work I want to perform my duties to the best of my ability. I have deadlines to meet. I want to maximize my time and save energy for other things.
I limit my interactions.

I am a God-fearing woman. Why would I want to jeopardize my relationship with Allah for something meaningless.

Why issue a fatawa that makes my life more difficult. Do you really wish poverty upon your sisters? Do you seriously think we are not improvised enough. Do you not understand our plight?

If I could have the luxury of a driver taking me to work I know that I have died and gone to heaven...( picture this: all dressed up and your car breaks down in the middle of the road..you lift up the hood and get oil and grease on you..you are late for work and you have to take the car in the shop; you only have $10.00 in the bank until payday..and you call upon Allah as you fight back your tears; cause ain't nobody around)...trust me you are not thinking of sinning with a man..you have work to do!