Seeking Truth

SAEG

Hello, my name is Shannon. I have been a Christian all my life and I never really thought about ever changing religions or becoming anything different until recently. I recently got engaged to a very caring man from Morocco. He is Islam or Muslim which I have absolutely no problem with and I actually want to learn more about his religion. I have bought the Qu ran and started to read it, I have also bought a few other books on the history of Islam and the differences in the three major religions of the world. The more I read the more I feel as though I am being drawn to the Islamic ways and teachings. I find Christianity to be so closely related to the Islamic religion that I ask myself why do I not believe in Mohammad as a Christian. For the people that are Islamic believe a lot of the same things I believe. We believe in the same God and know many of the same stories, so then I keep asking myself why would I not convert to my fiance religion. I do know though that I do need a better understanding of the Islamic ways. So I have come to this web site seeking truth, help, and guidance into converting to Islam or staying a Christian. So any help advice guidance or information anyone could send my way would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Shannon

Shannonx

Asalamu alaikum.

Welcome to TTI. :) I hope you that you find the answers you're seeking here.
We have the same names too! Hehe

habib786

Welcome to TTi .. have a pleasant they here and inshallah you will find this forum useful and to gain more knowledge about islam..there are some good post which you can find ....May Allah guide you .....

tarannumsamir

as salaam alaikum,
sister wecome to tti.
u can see the site www.irf.net
this site contains the similarities between islam and cristianity.and also the concept of god in both the religions.
may allah swt guide all of us to the right path,ameen.

aishah_2304m

peace lover
discover the truth sister

asalamualikyum wa rahmutulaahi wa barakathu sister.....May peace,mercy and blessings of Allah(swt) b on u sis....
am proud f u dat u r actually questionin many thingz about dis world as many r soo lost in da materialistic pleasures of today :ma: !!.....insha Allah u ll knw da truth..even i had a thinkin process similar to urs but according to me da best way s solve ur prob s to try n find da similarities and differences b/w islam and christianity sister...and make sure dey r logical!!
for ur better understandin i have sent u two links from youtube...the first link s the similarities b/w islam and chrisitanity and the second link s da famous lecture b/w dr.william campbell and zakir naik....des r da inital parts n u can find da continuation rite der itself..i suggest u two view both da lectures completely for better understandin insha Allah.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X06jlhJbQk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odrfQVLFi_s

sister listen to ur heart and enter into da religion which u think s right 4 u and not 4 any1 else.....

Those who remember Allâh (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying): "Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted are You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire(3:191)

Say it is He Who has created you, and endowed you with hearing (ears), seeing (eyes), and hearts. Little thanks you give. (67:23)

mankind! There has come to you a good advice from your Lord (i.e. the Qur'an, enjoining all that is good and forbidding all that is evil), and a healing for that (disease of ignorance, doubt, hypocrisy and differences,) Which is in your breasts, - a guidance and a mercy (explaining lawful and unlawful things) for the believers. (10:57)

O mankind! it is you who stand in need of Allâh, But Allâh is Rich (Free of all needs), Worthy of all praise. (35:15)

insha Allah u ll find answers to the questions...if i have been able to help u out even a bit den alhamdulilaah!

feel free to scrap for further queries sister...i ll pray dat Allah(swt) guides u

:tti_sister:

ummersheriff

ASSALAMU ALAIKKUM BROTHER

DEAR SISTER,
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY OF ISLAM, MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU WITH HIS GRACE AND GIFT YOU HEAVEN WITH HIS MERCIFULNESS. THANK ALLAH THE CREATOR OF WHOLE MANKIND. PLEASE INFORM ME, AFTER RECITING SHAHADAH, I WILL BE MORE HAPPY TO BE YOUR BROTHER.

ummersheriff

ASSALAMU ALAIKKUM

DEAR SISTER,
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY OF ISLAM, MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU WITH HIS GRACE AND GIFT YOU HEAVEN WITH HIS MERCIFULNESS. THANK ALLAH THE CREATOR OF WHOLE MANKIND. PLEASE INFORM ME, AFTER RECITING SHAHADAH, I WILL BE MORE HAPPY TO BE YOUR BROTHER.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Please don't use CAPITAL LETTERS...for your entire post..In netiquette it implies
shouting!

A Kashmiri

Dear Sister,

First of all dont haste in making a decision to enter Islam. It is better you understand it and see if that is what you want and when you are sure then go ahead and become a muslim.

By the way I want to clarify one thing, there is a lot of difference between Christianity and Islam. Islam believes in One God while as Christian believe there are trinity which means three Gods.

If you want to know more about various religions and understand the comparison please visit this website.

www.irf.net.

Inshallah you will find lot of material on comparative religion and the reason why you should be a Muslim - Inshallah

I pray to Almighty Allah to show you the only way which is Islam