Share your funny convert stories

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Mine was yesterday at Jumu'ah, actually. I was sitting, anticipating the khutbah and all that good stuff and a Brother behind me started praying. Well, he ran into me on the left, so I moved a little to the right to be sure I was out of his way. Well... AFTER the khutbah, we resumed the Salah.. And the Brother who was behind me bowed for ruku' (as we all did) and ran his head into my rear. It reminded me of the Ummah Films video by Baba Ali.

I feel so bad for the brother, Agh! But it was kinda funny. Hahaha.

Asalamu alaykum

LOL hilarious brother. it also happened to me twice at the same day but. one time i ran to somebody's rear and the other time somebody ran his head to my rear. it was the same salah. eww. it's just so funny.:lol:

wasalam

Musulmanin

Salaam aleikum

Not mine, but my husbands...

The first time he prayed in Jamaat, at the end, they all went "Salaam aleikum warahmatullah..." and he turned to the guy next to him, saying "Wa aleikum salaam" lol

:salam2:

It really shouldn't be funny when brother made a mistake, but we all do make mistakes. We all learned these stuff, none of us knew it. The difference is that some learned in youth and others later.

I'm sorry but I couldn't hold myself :SMILY128: It was a funny incident. May Allah forgive our shortcomings.

Salam from me to you and your husband!

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
this post is awesom lol so funny some of them especialy
Originally Posted by UmmOf3 View Post
Salaam aleikum

The first time he prayed in Jamaat, at the end, they all went "Salaam aleikum warahmatullah..." and he turned to the guy next to him, saying "Wa aleikum salaam" lol

lol man i cant still stop laughing :) very funny mashallah =) and everyone makes mistake

I cant remember any of my own story lol but there is something that happened to one of my friend

So in Pakistan, when i was like like 11/12 maybe and my younger brother was 8/9, and our neighbours (also best friends) who were 2 brothers of same age, We would always try our best to go pray in the mosque. So we went to mosque to pray it must be zuhr or asr so there were very few people in this small mosque we would go to, so my brother and his friend would always compete at everything (KIDS!!) so they raced to the mosque and then we all started praying and apparently the competition didn't end so there were praying very fast behind the imam, I was not able to tell to stop, so in the 4th rakaat they both became really anxious and my bro's friend pushed him (jokingly) but my brother who was going to push as well totally lost the balance and he fell pushing a middle aged man (he seemed like a angry person), they both fell in the middle of the salat, and my bro quickly ran and joined back in so did the other person (he was really angry thou), so as soon as the prayer was my brother and his friend ran like crazy out of the mosque, good thing the guy had missed 1 rakat and had to complete lol otherwise they would have been in a lot of trouble.
Yea my parents and I had a talk with him, But i don't think after that embarrassment they ever did anything.

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
Salam Alekum
Mashallah i couldnt stop laughin such nice stories to hear.. All were grt stories.. I enjoy them :)

Ashima33

When I converted I was pretty nervous about telling my family. I get along really well with my younger brother... we have the same sarcastic sense of humor. But anyways the first thing he said after I told him I had converted he goes, "Oh COOL! Does this mean you get to change your name??!!! and how does that work? Do you, like, get to choose whatever name you want or draw it out of a hat or something?"

I still laugh and laugh. And I'm also very appreciative of him for that. It made the situation so much lighter and easy to talk about. :SMILY149:

Sanaa01

Muslima
We all have done some funny stuff, unintentionally...

Heres my story:

I walked into the mosque to do Asr prayer. A brother appraoched me and asked me to pray alongside him. I stood on the left and he stood on the right. He started saying some pre-prayer things in Arabic. Once he finished there was silence and we stood there shoulder to shoulder. I was waiting for him to begin the prayer BUUUT since I was standing on the left, I was supposed to lead the prayer and he was waiting for me to begin. We both were standing there in silence for a good 2 minutes until another brother that I knew came up to us and told him I was a new Muslim so we then got someone to lead both of us....

Im gonna look back this moment and always laugh...

Oh god you made me laugh lol lol lol that was so funny and cute
Please help I can't stop laughing :SMILY149:
Thank you brother for sharing with us

Sanaa01

Muslima
Salaam aleikum

This one is the funniest I just can't stop laughing :SMILY149: I wonder what that guy thought of him
I know we shouldn’t be laughing about this mistakes people make but I can't help it

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Lol, this one is like what my younger brother once did when he was 4/5 yrs old, and my mom was teaching him how to pray. At the end, he turned his head to the right and goes "Assalamualaikum" and then to the left "wa alakum assalam"

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
I am fond of this funny story which happened many years ago. We were praying a Jamaa`a prayer in the mosque and many brothers placed their eyeglasses on the floor in front of them. The daughter of one of the brothers started to move between the lines. She was maybe 3 years old. My heart skipped a beat because I feared that she would step on the glasses and break them.

But do you know what she did? She collected all the glasses in her lap and placed them on the side away from everybody! Obviously she was the one who was concerned that we would hit the glasses when we make sujood and she wanted to save them :) How sweet!
LOl ,that was very nice of her .I hope she didn't move them too far and I hope everyone found their pair...

:wasalam:

fada_all

I am fond of this funny story which happened many years ago. We were praying a Jamaa`a prayer in the mosque and many brothers placed their eyeglasses on the floor in front of them. The daughter of one of the brothers started to move between the lines. She was maybe 3 years old. My heart skipped a beat because I feared that she would step on the glasses and break them.

But do you know what she did? She collected all the glasses in her lap and placed them on the side away from everybody! Obviously she was the one who was concerned that we would hit the glasses when we make sujood and she wanted to save them How sweet!

thats funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

louise_soso

asalam alaykom

looooool these storys make me smile
alhmdulilah

i was 15 and already taken my shahada but went to the masjid with a hijab that was not on correctly showing my bangs
I walked straight into the mens section and got chased upstairs by a midget yemeni man shouting at me and met a somarli women who asked me if i had a boyfriend!! authubillah i told her that i had studyied islam at school and had no bf and dont intend to either!!! at that point i was angry and refused to go back to the masjid for along time but when i look back i laugh so much at it all and thank god for the knowledge i have now.

Another funny time was when i told my dad i sat him down and said "dad i have become a muslim and i want to start going the mosque" he just stared at me and told me to go to bed hahahha!
and on one occasion i was at the masjid and my phone was on silent coz i was listening to a lecture my dad had came to pick me up and i did not know he had a panic attack thinking they had kept me in the mosque and wouldent let me out so he was hesitant about me going again looool.

When i started weraing hijab my sister said "why u got that on ur not even a muslim u just think u r" it hurt me for her to say that but i just laughed and 3 years on she has relalised and recently bought me a hijab for christmas!!!

inshallah god makes r path easier.