She Accepted ISLAM? Why?

nobbyv

Abu Maryam
Assalamualaikum brother,

JazakAllahu Kyaren for this article...
It is an unfortunate truth that many of us have this stereotypical image of reverted muslim women...
InshaAllah, this article brings a different perspective...
Thank you for sharing...

Walaikum Assalam...

nori suja'i

i'm so sorry for the experiences some of our reverted sister's had. i feel sad for such negative feeling on some of our born muslim women showed. i'm a born muslim woman too, Alhamdulillah but i dont know why i always feel excited whenever i hear someone reverted to Islam no matter who is he/she or where he/she came from.

nori suja'i

i'm so sorry for the experiences some of our reverted sister's had. i feel sad for such negative feeling of some of our born muslim women showed. i'm a born muslim woman too, Alhamdulillah but i dont know why i always feel excited whenever i hear someone reverted to Islam no matter who is he/she or where he/she came from.

sorry for my poor english.

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

The author of this article voiced many of my inner thoughts. When I was in Miami I went to this huge, beautiful mosque and was not greeted by one sister. They segregated themselves by color and ethinicity and basically created an unapproachable circle. I am asked constantly if I converted for a man and if I wear hijab because I am married. (no bc I am neither married and had no interest in marriage when I converted)

I think convert sisters may struggle more than the convert brothers because the rules in Islam are specific about women travelling with mahrem and such. In my case, where there is no mahrem, I am in a sticky situation. Now there is no mosque nearby (the closest one is 45 mins drive and I can't afford the gas) and I have no Muslim community within my physical location. So now the only contact I have with my fellow Muslims is online. Anyways, it is a lonely road and a struggle sometimes. I thank Allah I converted for the religion and not the Muslims so I wouldn't regret it.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Now there is no mosque nearby (the closest one is 45 mins drive and I can't afford the gas) and I have no Muslim community within my physical location. So now the only contact I have with my fellow Muslims is online. Anyways, it is a lonely road and a struggle sometimes. I thank Allah I converted for the religion and not the Muslims so I wouldn't regret it.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Salaam sister Sarah,

Makes me think how sometimes we take things for granted. Loneliness is a test. May Allah grant you a pious Muslim husband to conquer your state of solitude. Thanks for the reminder.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
:salam2:

this is very nice reminder to all of us. i never knew that they were muslims that are soo rude but i have to believe it. to be honest i really do like muslim converts and i respect them alot no matter how they excepted islam. i hope that Allah subhana wata'ala eases their hardships. may Allah subhana wata'ala make things easier for them and proptect ameen....:)

jazak Allahu khayra for this wonderful reminder.....:)

:wasalam:

sumaya_graham

Assalam alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,

I feel a rant coming on.....I'm in the same situation as these siters too. I never converted because of a husband. I've been apractising muslim for many years now and I'm still not married.

Muslims and non-muslims also think you wearhijab or are a muslim because you are married. It makes life so difficult. I don't fit in with non-muslims because I'm muslim and I don't fit in with muslims because I'm not moroccan!!!
Subhanallah, it is very difficult. I'm 27 and like to have friends but you can't because the muslims in this area aren't religious and just want to find out your business and then gossip about you behind your back.

Insha Allah these things will change sometime soon.

Fi amanillah and keep fighting girls, Insha Allah.
Sumaya

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
I think a sister dawahforever also brought a similar subject regarding the loneliness of the revert brother and sisters. Please read this post:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20032
and an another post:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19762

These thoughts bring chills to me. I guess many of the so-called "born Muslims" do not have any idea what this person has gone thru and is going thru after becoming Muslim. It is the duty of every Muslim to help and support our revert brothers and sisters.
If they don't then they will be answerable to Allah.

I think as the percentage and the count of reverts go up things will move towards better. InshaAllah.
:wasalam: