Should I give?

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam everyone!

How are you? :) I hope everyone is good Alhamdullilah!

I am in a dilemma trying to decide if I should give my Quran to my instructor. My driving instructor seems to be really interested in Islam and she keeps asking me about my hijaab and about Islam in general. It's like each lesson, she'll definitely have a question about Islam. The thing is, my test is on monday and if I pass (insyaAllah!!!!), I doubt I'll ever see her again.

Why I am not sure about giving the Quran to her is that, I don't want to look like those door-to-door Christian preacher trying to compel others to believe in their religion.

At the same time, I want her to have the Quran so that in case down the road, if she has any questions about Islam, she can read the Quran and get answers from it. But I just don't know how to give her. It's complicated to say, but will be really weird like as though I am forcing her to read it or something.

Should I give the Quran to her? I know this seems like a simple decision but my head is really in a mess so I can't even think straight for myself. :shymuslima1:

:wasalam:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
Well you cud give it to her/him but remind him to treat Quran with respect or you could always tell him to access Quran online :) since Quran is available on many websites :)

Ashima33

Salaam sister,

Since she is regularly asking you questions, the next time she does you can say, "Would you like a copy of the Quran for future reference just incase I am not around?" That way it doesn't make it seem like you're saying, "Here's a Quran! I'm trying to convert you!"

yameenahmed

sister asalamualikum please remove the thought from your mind that Quran should not be given to non muslims this thread has came many times in TTI so please see the related thread and see the video of zakir naik saying about giving quran to non muslims is permitted or not .Please sister dont leave this oppourtunity you please give quran to him as soon as possible .If you dont give it to non muslims then how can they know what islam is?

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
aslam o alikum
Well you cud give it to her/him but remind him to treat Quran with respect or you could always tell him to access Quran online :) since Quran is available on many websites :)

:salam2:

brother shaheerpak is right. it's okay to give it to her as long as she is informed of need to treat the Quran with great care and respect. sister, this life is a test and it seems that this is a test. by giving her the Quran, you could be a part of changing her life to the better insha'allah. how wonderful that would be!!!

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam,

Sister Yasmeen, I do know that I can give the Qur'an to non-muslims just that I am thinking how do I go about doing it without making it look so weird that's all :)

That's true brother nyerekareem, I pray that she will see the truth in the future. Allah guides whom He pleaseth!

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: as she has been asking questions directly about Islam, i think it would be a wonderful gesture :) tell her you are not trying to convert her but she seemed interested in finding out more about Islam and this holy book can answer a lot of questions she may have :) if you have a good rapport with her, you can always meet for coffee or invite her around to chit chat and see if an occasion comes up for her to be comfortable with more questions... even for her to see how you pray at certain times of day, etc., i think it would be a nice experience for her :) And Allah guides whom He pleases as our sister said :)

arsheedhmz

Asalamu Alaykum,

Sister, There are lot of book available which could explain about or introduce Islam to non-muslims. I think one of this could help ypur instructor to learn Islam. once he decides to go deep into Islam then he himself would ask u or get for himself a copy of Quran. To learn Islam from Quran would be a difficult task.

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam Everyone!

Thank you for the input :) I agree with all that I should give it to her but Brother arsheedhmz is right too. Even the Qu'ran seems complicated to me but she's 25 years old, so... maybe she'll understand? It's not easy to find books on understanding basic Islam here and Qu'ran is the only book that I have that explains Islam.

Wasalaam

cmelbouzaidi

Salaam Everyone!

Thank you for the input :) I agree with all that I should give it to her but Brother arsheedhmz is right too. Even the Qu'ran seems complicated to me but she's 25 years old, so... maybe she'll understand? It's not easy to find books on understanding basic Islam here and Qu'ran is the only book that I have that explains Islam.

Wasalaam

:salam2: yes, do you have a copy of the Yusuf Ali Meaning of the Holy Qur'an with text in arabic and english and foot notes with many valuable explanations and an index?
the best to you, dear sister,

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam Sister,

Oh yes, definitely! That's my copy of Quran :) Thank you sister! I asked other sisters here and they say I shouldn't. Glad I asked Brothers and Sisters here. You guys give me the courage to do this.

Thank you :)

Wasalaam

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
Instead of giving her a Quran, why don’t you give her a information book like "a brief incite in to Islam" because for a non Muslim a Quran would really be confusing and blow her mind at first. And she might not know the rules of the Quran like not touching when on period, or washing (wudu) before touching she might have animals at home and she might leave it un covered in a low place where they can sit on it.
So the best plan of action is to print out a book or info on Islam or give her an info book. About Islam. Because the Quran for a non Muslim will really scare her away and it might say "hey convert" but an info book is more like here is some info, read up on it!

What do think better idea?
Then it keeps everyone on here happy,

by the way I don’t agree bout no Muslims not allowed to read the Quran before I converted i read the Quran I treated it with respected I didn’t know anything about wudu, but I did wash my hands (its all bout intention to Allah) i kept it wrapped up in a scarf in a highest place in my bedroom so no dust or dirt could get on it. And i kept it nice and clean. So that is rubbish non Muslims cant read the Quran, how else are they meant to really learn!

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Instead of giving her a Quran, why don’t you give her a information book like "a brief incite in to Islam" because for a non Muslim a Quran would really be confusing and blow her mind at first. And she might not know the rules of the Quran like not touching when on period, or washing (wudu) before touching she might have animals at home and she might leave it un covered in a low place where they can sit on it.
So the best plan of action is to print out a book or info on Islam or give her an info book. About Islam. Because the Quran for a non Muslim will really scare her away and it might say "hey convert" but an info book is more like here is some info, read up on it!

!

I think revert sister gave a very good idea. Do you know of a copy in mind?

by the way I don’t agree bout no Muslims not allowed to read the Quran before I converted i read the Quran I treated it with respected I didn’t know anything about wudu, but I did wash my hands (its all bout intention to Allah) i kept it wrapped up in a scarf in a highest place in my bedroom so no dust or dirt could get on it. And i kept it nice and clean. So that is rubbish non Muslims cant read the Quran, how else are they meant to really learn!

Who says you CANNOT give a quran to a nonmuslim, bring your daleel here..

It is embarassing to read here how a nonmuslim treat quran better than us born muslims including myself.....

daywalker

calm down, she is saying that how can a person learn if he doesnt have the quran, she doesnt said that we cant give quran to non-muslims.

bring your daleel here, we will pimp your daleel, loooooool

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
I think revert sister gave a very good idea. Do you know of a copy in mind?

It is embarassing to read here how a nonmuslim treat quran better than us born muslims including myself.....

:salam2: if you read back though the post poeple on here were saying that werent suppost to give a quran to a non muslim it was forbiden,

please read back though the posts this will answer your questions.

Asha88

Ghurabaa

Salaam,

Revert-sister, you are right. That was what I was thinking. However, as much as I want to find another source to give her which is less intimidating and less "I want to convert you", I am actually rushing to get everything packed and leave the country. BUT, I will try to find something from the musollah insyaAllah.

Or else, does anyone has sources that I can easily print out? I'll try to find something out.

I think if really, I can't find any book on basics of Islam, the last resort would be to give my Qu'ran. My copy of Quran translation by Abdullah Yusuf Ali is quite comprehensive and I can understand 70-80% of it. There are some people, when they read the Quran, they feel like they are reading God's words while there are some others, they may be studying the Quran for years and yet do not see the light. So, I leave the rest to Allah Swt.

Thanks again everyone!

Wasalaam