Should we be...?

truefaith101

~*~I Love Islam~*~
:salam2:

i was wondering today, lasting night i was very scared because i read many articles about grave torture and Yom Al-Queama, so here's my question: are muslims supposed to be scared from the grave and Yom Al-Queama or should they be confident that they will go to Heaven and Allah (swt) will forgive them for their minor sins, because if you try to picture the seen of it, it's kinda scary to me.

jazakAllahu kheir

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,

I am not a scholor. Yes, we need t obe scared of the grave. In Burkari, it is written why. We are accountable for our thoughts and actions. The grave will be narrow if we are mean, hateful, stingy, backbiters, miserly, etc. The grave will be wide if we are loving, patient, generous, hnoest and obidient.
We have the choice of loving Allah. If we love Allah we fear HIm and do not want to displease him..
We need to be scared because we do not want to live in a way that displeases Allah. We overcome that fear by living a correct life. Do not obsess on it. Pray, ask for forgivness, and know we are in the presence of ALlah at all times. Live each second as if you are aware of His presence.
To put it another way, we are fortunate because we have been informed of what could happen if we don't rectify our lives..becuase we are not in the dark..we can live correctly.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr

but on the other hand, think about paradise, what a wonderful place it is, where Allah has prepared for His servants what no eye has ever seen, what no mind has ever tought of......
Subhanallah, i think we are lucky, us, muslims to know the truth of what is going to happen to us which isn't the case of everybady, i thank Allah for having shown me the path of truth.

SisterL.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
I can't agree more, i sometimes think if Allah (swt) didnt show me and my brothers and sisters the straight path, where i would be, its just amazing and very very difficult to describe.

Alhamdulilah we will stay on the Straight Path.

Wasalam

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

Brothers and sisters here is a chapter from Riyad-as-Saleheen. Its about combining fear and hope. It will be helpful, inshaAllah.
Know that what is best for the slave in the state of health is for him to be fearful and hopeful, and that his fear and hope be equal. When he is ill, hope is purified. The bases of the Shari'a in the Book and the Sunna and elsewhere demonstrate that.

Allah Almighty says, "No one feels secure against Allah's devising except for those who are lost," (W7:98; H7:99)

and the Almighty says, "No one despairs of solace from Allah except for those who are unbelievers." (12:87)

The Almighty says, "On the Day when faces are whitened and some faces are blackened," (3:106)

and the Almighty says, "Your Lord is swift in retribution, and He is Ever-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (7:167)

The Almighty says, "The truly good will be in perfect Bliss,. The dissolute will be in the Blazing Fire," (82:13-14)

and the Almighty says, "As for him whose balance is heavy, he will have a most pleasant life. But as for him whose balance is light, his motherland is Hawiya." (W101:5-8; H101:6-9)

There are many ayats with this meaning and fear and hope are joined together in two consecutive ayats, several ayats or one ayat.

443. Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "If the believers knew the punishment which Allah has, none of them would have any hope of attaining His Garden. If the unbelievers knew the mercy which Allah has, none of them would despair of reaching His Garden." [Muslim]

444. Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "When a body is laid out and the men carry it on their shoulders, if it was righteous, it says, 'Take me forward,' and it was it not righteous, it says, 'Woe to me, where are you taking it?'' Everything except man hears its voice. If he were to hear it, he would faint." [al-Bukhari]

445. Ibn Mas'ud reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The Garden is nearer to you than your own sandal strap and it is the same with the Fire." [al-Bukhari]
Ma'asslaam

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
subhannallah, thanks for this.

I guess we have to put our trust in Allah, He is the All-Just and will judge us accordingly no doubt abt that.

SisterL.