Some Doctrines of The Bible which Harmonize with The Quran

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu Alaykum, Everyone,

I spend much of my time trying to learn Arabic, Quran, and Islam; however, I thought I would share some on the Concepts that I taught as a Christian Minister that harmonize with The Quran:

Deu 6:4 שׁמע ישׂראל יהוה אלהינו יהוה אחד׃

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
Deu 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
Deu 6:6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
Deu 6:7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

There is Only One God.

1Sa 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
1Sa 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

That One God (Allah) has given us instructions which He expects us to follow.

Whosoever obeys Allah and the Rasool will be in the company of those whom Allah has blessed - the Prophets, the truthful, the martyrs, and the righteous: What excellent companions they will be! "(4:69)

He will bless your works and forgive your sins - for he that obeys Allah and His Rasool, has indeed achieved the highest achievement. (33:71)

The Rasool has believed in the Guidance which has been revealed to him from his Rabb and so do the Believers. They all believe in Allah, His angels, His books and His Rasools. They say we do not discriminate against anyone of His Rasools. And they say: "We hear and we obey. Grant us Your forgiveness, O Rabb; to You we shall all return." (2:285)

O believers! Obey Allah and obey His Rasool, and do not let your deeds come to nothing. (47:33)

O believers! Obey Allah and his Rasool and do not turn your back to him, now that you have heard all. (8:20)

Obey Allah and His Rasool and do not argue with one another, lest you lose courage and weaken your strength. Show patience, surely Allah is on the side of the patient. (8:46)

I wish I knew The Noble Quran better and had started learning Arabic earlier in life, but it is never to late to begin and you still will be the same age at the end (Insha Allah).

And, I don't know if Muslim accept any of The New Testament, but I always thought that this verse showed the very small percentage of church goers who were truly following The Prophet Yeshua (May Allah's Peace be upon Him)

Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

esmajic

Aleykum'selam,

As much I'm familiar with subject, considering accepting things from older relevations, we only accept things that are confirmed by Quran and Muhammad (saws), we reject things that contradict Quran and what Prophet (saws) learned us (since there is clear corruption by man in those texts).
Things that are not confirmed nor they contradict Quran and Sunnah we are not allowed to follow but not allowed to dissaprove either, since we dont know. We are allowed to learn it but not allowed make judgement based on that knowladge.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Saluamu Alaykum,

I appreciate your responses. The primary reason that I thought of this is that I noticed that there were some incorrect and negative statements made about Christianity. For example: although, Trinitarianism is the largest Theology of Christians and is the pagan concept which came into what is known as Christianity through the Roman Church under Constantine, who was a sun worshiper and had probably been influenced by the religion adopted by the Roman Military of Mithraism from Persia and later Greece. There are Christians like Jehovah Witness who believe that Jesus was not God in the flesh, but a Man. There are Oneness Pentecostals who believe that Jesus was God The Father and not a distinct "part of God" which we know is impossible for there is Allah and all things created by Allah and the two can not be the same.

Although The Roman Catholic Church and her daughters believes these following things not all Christians believe them:

The Torah was replaced by Jesus with the Law of Love. This resulted from mistranslations.

The Sabbath was either done away with or changed by Jesus from the Seventh Day to the First Day. This is false and was probably the result of paganism coming into the original belief system during Constantine.

That the dietary laws of Judaism were abolished because of the vision Peter had of unclean animals descending from above and the later misinterpretation of writings by Paul.

That Jesus was crucified on a Friday and rose on a Sunday. Obviously, this can't be true because of The Sign of Jonah. (I am familiar with the Islamic Perspective on this subject; however, I thought I would leave the teaching of Islam to those qualified to teach in Islam.

That the names found in the New Testament in English were the actual pronunciation of Jesus, Joseph, and Mary.

That the Feast Days have no significant to Christianity when Yeshua was probably born on The Feast of Tabernacle and every major event in the life of Yeshua occurred on a Feast Day. Many of these errors are being corrected by The Hebraic Roots Movement and The Nazarene Israel Movement; unfortunately, many of the errors are carrying over.

And, the list goes on and on for pages.

I am coming to Islam with an open mind and a pure heart and hope to learn Islam as it is practiced correctly, but spending much of my life ,starting in 1970 while in the military, investigating the concepts of Christianity which I rejected originally when I learned that there wasn't a Santa Claus of Easter Bunny, I am slightly disheartened when I read the Halal practices of a few Muslim compared to Christianity. I have found good people with sincere hearts searching for Allah in Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, and many other religions who are deceived by clergy and holy men who either don't know any better or are minions of Shaitan. They have accepted the Memes of their families, friends, and governments. And, we all know how difficult it is once a meme (a unit of cultural belief that may concern religion, economics, social interaction, or politics) is inculcated into the individual for that individual to break free of that meme.

I greatly appreciate this site and each individual who adds to my knowledge of Islam and I do not wish to debate Christianity's Merits (I come here to learn about Islam and perhaps occasionally share some similar beliefs in other Monotheistic Religions of which I might have a through understanding . For the Muslim, The Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم‎ ṣall Allahu ʿalayhi wa sallam ) and The Quran are the two primary Authorities for Islam. I know of no more dedicated people than the Muslims in their desires to serve Allah with all their hearts, minds, and being. I hope I have not offended anyone with this thread as that was not my intention nor was propagating Christianity nor Judaism. I merely noticed that some of what I am now learning about Islam has Truth which I had found in my previous religion. I also wanted to point out that unlike Islam which has One Version of Its' Scriptures,The Noble Quran. Christianity has almost as many translations of its' Scriptures as their are denomination and just as a Muslim not practicing
halal or practicing ha-ram is not a good example of the Mohsinin; a Muslim practicing haram and rejecting halal is not a representative of Christianity.

Many believe that they can enjoy haram while young and turn to Allah, Yahweh, or Yeshusa (Jesus) when they are old. This is because Allah has allowed their eyes to be blinded to the truth that "Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" which is stated clearly in

The Noble Quran: [35:11] And Allah did create you from dust; then from a sperm-drop; then He made you in pairs. And no female conceives, or lays down (her load), but with His knowledge. Nor is a man long-lived granted length of days, nor is a part cut off from his life, but is in a Decree (ordained). All this is easy to Allah. (11).

وَاللَّهُ خَلَقَكُم مِّن تُرَابٍ ثُمَّ مِن نُّطْفَةٍ ثُمَّ جَعَلَكُمْ أَزْوَاجًا وَمَا
تَحْمِلُ مِنْ أُنثَى وَلَا تَضَعُ إِلَّا بِعِلْمِهِ وَمَا يُعَمَّرُ مِن مُّعَمَّرٍ وَلَا
يُنقَصُ مِنْ عُمُرِهِ إِلَّا فِي كِتَابٍ إِنَّ ذَلِكَ عَلَى اللَّهِ يَسِيرٌ

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

Mashallah.
thats why brother ppl like you are most siuted for spreading the word of Allah....Lord of the worlds.

hopew u can work on anf refine it.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu Alaykum,

I agree completely. The obedience to Allah and to his Prophet Muhammad (sall Allah 'alayhi wa sallem) by Muslim the world over and that Islam literally means submission (to Allah) are some of the reasons that I started to study Islam and Arabic. I have had the pleasure of knowing some Muslim. In the mid-1970's, I also have had the pleasure of meeting Mohammad Ali. And, as is the case with all religions, I have had the displeasure of meeting a few Muslims who did not understand the true path which Allah gave in Al-Quran. Still, the majority of those I have met practice that which is halal and avoid that which is Haram.

Unfortunately, a very large percentage of Christian and Jews are exactly as the Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) described as related in the book of Matthew 23:25-27:
Mat 23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
Mat 23:26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
Mat 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

This website has been so helpful in helping me to understand Islam. I now have hundreds of books in hardback, paperback, and pdf on Islam and Al-Quran in Arabic with two translations. I try to read as much as I can and I make it a practice to read Al-Quran daily. I do not know how to perform salat or wadu nor have I memorized the Arabic 99 Names of ALLAH, but I will Insha Allah.

Shokran for all of your knowledge, advice, and support.

hana*

As Salamu Alaykum,

I agree completely. The obedience to Allah and to his Prophet Muhammad (sall Allah 'alayhi wa sallem) by Muslim the world over and that Islam literally means submission (to Allah) are some of the reasons that I started to study Islam and Arabic. I have had the pleasure of knowing some Muslim. In the mid-1970's, I also have had the pleasure of meeting Mohammad Ali. And, as is the case with all religions, I have had the displeasure of meeting a few Muslims who did not understand the true path which Allah gave in Al-Quran. Still, the majority of those I have met practice that which is halal and avoid that which is Haram.

Unfortunately, a very large percentage of Christian and Jews are exactly as the Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) described as related in the book of Matthew 23:25-27:
Mat 23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
Mat 23:26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
Mat 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

This website has been so helpful in helping me to understand Islam. I now have hundreds of books in hardback, paperback, and pdf on Islam and Al-Quran in Arabic with two translations. I try to read as much as I can and I make it a practice to read Al-Quran daily. I do not know how to perform salat or wadu nor have I memorized the Arabic 99 Names of ALLAH, but I will Insha Allah.

Shokran for all of your knowledge, advice, and support.

dont worry Frank about not knowing the salah and wudu, it will come with time and will become second nature. God does not expect you to know it all overnight. you are rewarded double the average because it is more of a struggle. every LETTER you read from the Quran you will be rewarded up to ten times in reward.

do you know that being a practicing Muslim in this day and age is equivalent to (in reward) to 50 MEN and the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him) beacause it is harder and also because we belived in him (peace be upon him) without seeing him.

Yes, there are similarities in the Bible to the Quran because, before tampering, it was the word of God and as Muslims we believe in the Injeel (bible) as a scripture revealled. therefore naturally, it will have some truth remaining despite the modifications to the Bible over generations.

Allah set a challenge to mankind 1400+ years ago that: if this is not the word of God, then find an error or contradiction in it, disprove it, or produce a similar text. to this day, none of these criteria have been met.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamn Alahki, Hana,

I hope I got the gender correct in my greeting. Shokran for the kind and encouraging words. I only wish to please Allah and if He rewards me for my efforts in learning His Truth, Insha Allah, I will be thankful. However, since it is Allah who is my Master and Owner, as a creation of Allah, I only wish to be a workman who needs not be ashamed on the Day of Judgement when the two angels read my deeds, thoughts, and desires.

I am enjoying listening to two songs in particular on youtube.com and hope they are halah and not harar: Allah knows

Give Thanks to Allah

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alayki, Revert,

I am sorry; however, I still don't understand how to inbed videos. Min fadlek, if you have time please explain again. Shokran

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
Jennah K., As Salamu Alayki, Thanks for the support. Like Yusuf Esteves says, Al Quran mentions The Tanakh and Brit Chadeshah, but there isn't any reliable translations available of which I know.

rayray

Christianity and Judaism have a lot of merit. Those who follow them sincerely have done a lot of good and charity, even though what they have of those religions is a mix of what God said and what man added or changed. I know of a Jewish organization that gives out interest-free loans to the needy, because they believe, rightly, that usury is a grave sin. Unfortunately, most Jews are the chieftains of usury. I know of a Church called Iglesia Ni Christo which teaches that Jesus was a man of no divinity. Unfortunaely, most Christians believe that Jesus was divine.

haha! Iglesia ni Cristo is popular here in the Philippines. I don't know if it originated here or what.... :) The speaker, a certain Brother "Eddie" attempted to run for a government position. He also lives in a mansion...I say corrupt!

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alayki, RayRay, I have no knowledge of the Tagalog language; however, I do know some Castillan; consequently, I know that "The Church of Christ is popular in the Phillipines. I had the honor of knowing Reme Presas and am a big fan of the Filipino Martial Arts of Kali, Arnis, and Escrima. I knew that I was getting to old when my athletic son told me he's getting to old to keep up with his Martial Arts Training. :0.

The missionary "business" in The United States to other countries has lost popularity after it was discovered that a very small percent of the money collected to help feed, clothes, and educate children in orphanages which often had several different signs that they would change for a fee (to actually help the children) when different "tele-evangalists" would come to film their commercial documentary to solicit funds from viewers who thought that most of the money was going to the children only to discover that the largest percentage went to administration fees charged by the "ministers" and their corporate churches.

I would suspect that Allah has a special final destination for those who have done such things.

I always felt so much sadness when hearing how an entire apartment complex with children and families was destroyed to kill one Palestinian Military Leader. The http://www.slideshare.net/mfr1505/man-of-piece-ariel-sharonstatement made by Ariel Sharon shows just how far The Jews and Christians have veered from The Path of Allah.

There is much in the Tanakh that agrees with The Word of Allah found in The Noble Quran such as Deuteronomy 6:4

Deu 6:4 «إِسْمَعْ يَا إِسْرَائِيلُ: الرَّبُّ إِلهُنَا رَبٌّ وَاحِدٌ.

Deu 6:4 Höre Israel: Jahwe, unser Gott, ist ein einziger Jahwe!

Deu 6:4 Oye, Israel: Jehová nuestro Dios, Jehová uno es:

Al-Fatiha
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful (1)
Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds,(2)
The Beneficent, the Merciful.(3)
Owner of the Day of Judgment, (4)
Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help.(5)
Show us the straight path, (6)
The path of those whom Thou hast favoured. Not (the path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray. (7)

سُوۡرَةُ الفَاتِحَة
بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ (١)
ٱلۡحَمۡدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ ٱلۡعَـٰلَمِينَ (٢) ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ (٣) مَـٰلِكِ يَوۡمِ ٱلدِّينِ (٤) إِيَّاكَ نَعۡبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسۡتَعِينُ (٥) ٱهۡدِنَا ٱلصِّرَٲطَ ٱلۡمُسۡتَقِيمَ (٦) صِرَٲطَ ٱلَّذِينَ أَنۡعَمۡتَ عَلَيۡهِمۡ غَيۡرِ ٱلۡمَغۡضُوبِ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا ٱلضَّآلِّينَ (٧)

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu Alaykum,

Which is why I am thankful that I never accepted a salary when I was a pastor and guest "preacher."

In the Bible it says "Ti 5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
1Ti 5:18 For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward."

But my reward was being used in the service of My Maker.

I am not condemning those who think differently, but my personal attitude was much like Saul (Paul) who earned his living with a trade and preaching, teaching, doing the gospel as well as he understood it required no wage.

I often believe that Paul's Epistles were misinterpreted concerning his stance on the Torah, Dietary Rules, and other doctrines. That is the sad part of Christianity. Each group, both Roman Catholic and Protestant Denominations, often are guilty of trying to make their scriptures fit their beliefs and actions instead of making their beliefs and actions conforming to scriptures.

I greatly appreciate it when Quran as the authority of Truth because than it is clearly Allah's Instruction and not the interpretation by men.

hana*

As Salamu Alaykum,

Which is why I am thankful that I never accepted a salary when I was a pastor and guest "preacher."

In the Bible it says "Ti 5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
1Ti 5:18 For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward."

But my reward was being used in the service of My Maker.

I am not condemning those who think differently, but my personal attitude was much like Saul (Paul) who earned his living with a trade and preaching, teaching, doing the gospel as well as he understood it required no wage.

I often believe that Paul's Epistles were misinterpreted concerning his stance on the Torah, Dietary Rules, and other doctrines. That is the sad part of Christianity. Each group, both Roman Catholic and Protestant Denominations, often are guilty of trying to make their scriptures fit their beliefs and actions instead of making their beliefs and actions conforming to scriptures.

I greatly appreciate it when Quran as the authority of Truth because than it is clearly Allah's Instruction and not the interpretation by men.

yes you got the arabic gender (above) correct, good stuff. i read in another post that your wife is christian and can speak arabic? May Allah guide her to Islam, perhaps she will read the Quran some day.

I totally agree with not taking money for teaching others religion etc.. none of the Prophets ever took any money for their actions, their 'payment' was reimbursed in full by Allah.

I wanted to ake a question: was there anything in particular that diverted your attention to Islam?

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alayki, Sister Hana,

Actually, that was why I was so surprised. She merely sits in the room when I listen to my Arabi lessons and last night as I listened to Give Thanks to Allah she spoke the Arabic words perfectly without even trying. She even said she loved the thought of Allaah knowing everything about her and she enjoyed thanking Him for everything. I explained to her that Allah was The Name of God in The Noble Quran as revealed to The Prophet Muhammad (Sall Allahu 'Alayhi Wa Sallem).

hana*

As Salamu 'Alayki, Sister Hana,

Actually, that was why I was so surprised. She merely sits in the room when I listen to my Arabi lessons and last night as I listened to Give Thanks to Allah she spoke the Arabic words perfectly without even trying. She even said she loved the thought of Allaah knowing everything about her and she enjoyed thanking Him for everything. I explained to her that Allah was The Name of God in The Noble Quran as revealed to The Prophet Muhammad (Sall Allahu 'Alayhi Wa Sallem).

wa'alaikum asalam,

thats fantastic, may Allah guide her to Islam ameen. Let me just add that Allah is the word used for God by arab christians and jews alike, thus our God is no different to the God of the Jews and Christians, as you are aware.

can I ask what is it that attracted you to Islam, as you were previously a Pator. was there something specific? I ask this merely to gain further knowledge.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu Alaykuma, Sisters,

What attracted me to Islam is that Muslims practice their religion with heart, mind, and soul as well as physically.

I could never understand why so many Christians of many denominations called their Bibles "The Word of God" and then disregarded or reinterpreted everything in it.

There was a story about a man on his death bed who was visited by a "preacher" (That's what we call clergy in fundamentalist denominations.). The preacher asked the man if he would like to have verses from the Bible read to him. The dying man agreed. The preacher picked up the man's Bible from the nightstand and was shocked that there were so many pages missing.

"What happened to your Bible?" asked the preacher.

"Well, "replied the dying man, "one Sunday when I asked you why we didn't do many of the things in The Old Testament, you replied that was for the jews." "So," continued the man from his bed, "I ripped it out since it wasn't for us. Then I asked you why you never spoke about the book of Revelation and you said that even the most educated Theologians don't agree about its' meaning. And, I ripped it out since nobody knew for sure what it meant. Finally, the chapters and verses that you said pertained to a different time and place, I cut out with a scissors. What you have in your hand is what I have left."

So often people want to follow a certain translation like the King James or The Amplified Bible, etc. In Islam, there is Al Quran in the language that Allah had Gabriel deliver it to The Prophet Muhammad (Sall Allahu 'alayhi wa Sallem). Every Muslim and Muslimah obey Allah, Al Quran, and the instructions of The Prophet Muhammad (Sall Allahu 'alayhi wa Sallem), and those whom Allah has placed in positions of leadership.

I once left a church that I was pastoring because some of the elderly ladies came up to me after a sermon and said, "Brother Smith, we love hearing you preach, but we noticed that you are growing a beard!"

I waited and then came the next comment. "We don't like beards in our church."

I replied that in the Bible it says:

Lev 19:27 Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

2Sa 10:4 Wherefore Hanun took David's servants, and shaved off the one half of their beards, and cut off their garments in the middle, even to their buttocks, and sent them away.
2Sa 10:5 When they told it unto David, he sent to meet them, because the men were greatly ashamed: and the king said, Tarry at Jericho until your beards be grown, and then return.

Psa 133:1 A Song of degrees of David. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
Psa 133:2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
Psa 133:3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

I wasn't being interrupted so I continued

Isa 50:4 The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.
Isa 50:5 The Lord GOD hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.
Isa 50:6 I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.
Isa 50:7 For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.

I then told them that if they could show me Scripture instead of tradition, I would be happy to shave my beard, but I didn't want to be like the Pharisees
of whom it was said

Mat 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

They then said "Well, that's all well and good, but we don't like beards and we can't have a pastor growing a beard.

So, I left.

In Islam, Allah spoke, and from that time on Muslim and Muslimah obeyed.

Sorry, I am so long winded in my posts, I hope they have some value in them. Each time I thought that I found a Christian denomination which believed and practiced all that Allah taught, I soon found that although they may have had one piece of Truth they rejected others.

hana*

subhanAllah, I never knew that the beard was part of the christian faith and in the bible. the bible also forbids the consuption of pork, and yet every christian i have met eats the meat. I guess these people can be summarised as follows:

..."then it is only a part of the Book that you believe in, and you reject the rest?..." Quran 2:85

this also applies to followers of other faiths

jazakAllahu khairan, the above event of the dying man was also beneficial and thought provoking.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu Alayki, Hana,

There are a few groups that recognize the beard as being a sign of a believer. There are the Amish, Mennonites, and Hebraic Roots Group. Unfortunately, with the exception of The Jehovah Witnesses and Assembly of Yahweh ,most accept the idea of Jesus (SAW) as being God even though the Tanakh (Old Testament) has so many scriptures stating that Allah is The One and Only God to be worshipped. Deuteronomy 6:4 Deu 6:4 «إِسْمَعْ يَا إِسْرَائِيلُ: الرَّبُّ إِلهُنَا رَبٌّ وَاحِدٌ.
Deu 6:5 فَتُحِبُّ الرَّبَّ إِلهَكَ مِنْ كُلِّ قَلبِكَ وَمِنْ كُلِّ نَفْسِكَ وَمِنْ كُلِّ قُوَّتِكَ.

Deu 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Deu 6:5 ואהבת את יהוה אלהיך בכל־לבבך ובכל־נפשׁך ובכל־מאדך׃