someone gave me alcohol for a gift :(

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

today at my workplace they held a xmas party, i didn't take part in it, but one of my employees gave me a bottle of liquor as a gift. i didn't want to offend her by telling her to keep it. for a brief moment i was tempted to drink of its contents. i then said to myself: no way can you drink this!!! but i still had taken it with me because i didn't want to upset her. i then went to a halal restaurant and a drunk man came inside and i wanted to give him the bottle of alcohol, because i knew that he'd probably like it. then i then told myself: it's haram to give someone alcohol!!! i realized that whatever is haram for me as a muslim, it is also haram for the non muslim. why? because islam is a way of life for all of mankind. it's mind boggling to me how the shaytan tries so hard to make us disobey ALLAH SWT.

:wasalam:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

today at my workplace they held a xmas party, i didn't take part in it, but one of my employees gave me a bottle of liquor as a gift. i didn't want to offend her by telling her to keep it. for a brief moment i was tempted to drink of its contents. i then said to myself: no way can you drink this!!! but i still had taken it with me because i didn't want to upset her. i then went to a halal restaurant and a drunk man came inside and i wanted to give him the bottle of alcohol, because i knew that he'd probably like it. then i then told myself: it's haram to give someone alcohol!!! i realized that whatever is haram for me as a muslim, it is also haram for the non muslim. why? because islam is a way of life for all of mankind. it's mind boggling to me how the shaytan tries so hard to make us disobey ALLAH SWT.

:salam2: bro,

Is the bottle in the dustbin now or is it....?

hager

well

look,throw the choloh in rubbish....
and keep the bottel...and put water in it..or something
or keep it empty
or put rocks in it
i have el-ahcolo bottel..it's sosos old...i put in it..littel sea rocks
i take it from my grandpa..

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
You should have said no thank you to your co worker, she should know you are Muslim and don't drink. Otherwise people will continue giving you haram gifts. Of course there is a nice way to say it so she doesn't get offended:wasalam:

br_rizwan

Slave of Almighty
Did they not knowing that you are muslim ..?? as i m in same situation in my dept i m the only muslim but they know wht to offer me n wht to not.. so my advise is try to explain them wht islam allow n wht not... if u able to explain them right way i suppose they will never offer such a gift agian..as i have found lots of western ppls respect ones believe so... u need to show them wht ur believe is..

sorry for ny offence

JZK

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

You were kind to the employee. Just give the bottle away. This is really a blessing for you. You can now start telling people in a very gentle way that you are a Muslim. They will give you the respect you deserve. Soon they will stop inviting you...I have now gotten to the point I walk in a room and I have it all to myself...I just think that if Allah subhana talla grants me jannath I will be in heaven full of Muslims..wow..just think how wow oh wow oh wow.

Greek_Rose_2005

sister in no way should she give it to anyone if its haram for us its haram for our neighbor too or a drunk man...if we was to give it to someone and they drink it its as if we drank it too...drinking and liquer its haram for all human beings, the best thing to dump all the vile liquid down the drain so no one can drink it and throw out the bottle dont keep anything to do with it as its althoughter haram and let others when they give us something haram let them know...

Qur'an&Sunnah

Traveler
AsSalaamu Alaikum,

It was okay to accept the gift, but later you should get rid of it. To LittleMe :D AsSalaamu Alaikum, In the Hadith it says that one should accept a gift, so InshaAllah you should not fault him/her for accepting it, because when he accepted it he/she was following the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) and he/she did the right thing. Therefore, InshaAllah may his Iman be okay :) And even though that lady from his job KNEW what she was doing he/she should have accepted it and then later got rid of it.

Volume 3, Book 47, Number 740
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "O Muslim women! None of you should look down upon the gift sent by her she-neighbour even if it were the trotters of the sheep (fleshless part of legs)."

Volume 3, Book 47, Number 742
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "I shall accept the invitation even if I were invited to a meal of a sheep's trotter, and I shall accept the gift even if it were an arm or a trotter of a sheep."

AsSalaamu Alaikum

Salaam akhi,

I had a similar experience at my work as well. My boss tried to invite me with the rest of the team to drink alcohol, but I simply told her that I am Muslim and I don't drink. She was considerate of my decision and hasn't said anything since! I never drank alcohol in my life anyways - alhamdulillah.

May Allah swt continue to give you the courage to stay away from the evil temptations of this life. Don't let the poision of alcohol shatter your magnificent gift of intelligence and emaan.

wasalaam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

yes, i got rid of it. i only took it as to not offend her. had they been passing around alcohol for me to drink, i would've turned it down flat out. unfortunately most of the people there do not know that i am muslim, because i was just recently transferred to that location. so i only know about 5% of the people there.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
I have similar problem but it tends to get better after a while when people realise what you can or cant accept. I dont reject presents/cards but never been offered a bottle. I do get chocolate box and they often end up sent to someone else because they contain chamapge in the ingredients !! Its annoying because people take all the trouble to get expensive luxury chocolate that end up being haram.

ohhockleng

Same things happen to me though, but not alcohol, people were giving me non halal food, I just say thank you and I keep it and I let a stray dogs near my area to have it :)

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
If you had already received it, just throw it away. The prophet SWS stated list of people that will be cursed aside from those who drink wine. Giving it even to a drunkard will just make you one of those listed (but may Allah swt forbid). If for the next time your employee give you a bottle of wine again, make him/her realize that we cant accept such thing and just tell him/her to give it to someone else.

Assalamualaikum