Something positive to share...

Valerie

:salam2: Hope everyone is doing well :)

First I'm going to say I'm sorry. I am passionate about things I believe in and that's why I've gotten upset lately. Not because I'm female but because I'm a big fan of justice and fairness. It's not something I want to debate with anyone at this point, so I'll leave it at that.

Now for my purpose of creating this thread. I first started looking into Islam because of.. believe it or not.. Hijab. But what made me look for this site, what made me look for more information is posted below. I cried when I read it. I'm sure all of you have read it, but I had to go read it again to get my perspective back on track. And I believe we need something positive right now and I wanted to share this...

After praising, and thanking Allah he said:

"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and TAKE THESE WORDS TO THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE PRESENT HERE TODAY.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon your deeds. ALLAH has forbidden you to take usury (interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. Allah has Judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn 'Abd'al Muttalib (Prophet's uncle) shall henceforth be waived...

Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah's trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste.

O People, listen to me in earnest, worship ALLAH, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.

Remember, one day you will appear before ALLAH and answer your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, NO PROPHET OR APOSTLE WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO NEW FAITH WILL BE BORN. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the QURAN and my example, the SUNNAH and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O ALLAH, that I have conveyed your message to your people".

Waseem203

Young Muslim
I always get goosebumps when reading this. This was the last sermon of the Prophet incase anyone didn't know. :)

Valerie

You passion for justice and fairness is amply fulfilled in the Quran and the authentic Sunna, but may be crushed in the opinions and interpretations of people.

I suspect you're right :) I know what I need to study now.

That's the key: The Quran and the authentic Sunna, not opinions, interpretations or narrations. Notice he mentioned the Quran first, then the Sunna since nothing can overrule the Quran. That should have been obvious to everybody but many felt no awkwardness in giving the Hadeeth precedence over the Quran.

Sorry to hue your positive message with negativity. It's out of frustration with those who have turned the beauty of Islam into an ugly repulsive dogma. No wonder our adversaries have a field day attacking us. It's easy to do when you quote what Muslims wrote, but it's impossible if your only reference is the Quran and the authentic Hadeeth.

I agree with you completely. When I initially read this sermon, it was like my dreams came true ;) After I read it, I said "then Islam is what I wanted Christianity to be all these years." I had to go read it again to remind myself why I started studying Islam, and what brought me to it. The sermon seems like an outline... Summing up everything else.. At least that's what I hope.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuhu.....

sister Valerie this is the second time that i see you try to keep and love and respect intact,even if you have an opinion that is different from others.for this,my sister i respect you most:)!!this is what the UMMAH-a family is about.may ALLAH bless you endlessly for your efforts to keep the differences at the bay and bring forward what's most important:)!!

jazakallah khairan kaseera,for sharing the last sermon there is no better reminder.

@ akhi ayman1 don't get messed up brother:)things take time and thinking for proper understanding.if you are being true to what you want,and what you want is a good thing then remember that good and truth are always the one that get VICTORY:)!!!
inshallah whatever the truth is will win in the end:)!!

your-sister

masha'allaah Sister may Allah reward you with the highest of paradise for your reminder was a heart melting reminder
i raelly need this post i'll forward it to my e-mail so i can read it over n over instead of searching in forum.
remember ukhti Allah guides to the truth those whom he love
May Allah keep us all in the rightpath
Shukran Ukhti and happy friday

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
bro, AYEMAN1 ,, salaam ,,
you wrote.........
>>>>>>And what did Muslims do? They fought each other constantly, called each other names, created scores of divisions and sedition, each believing they are right and all the others are wrong, taking rulership by force and killing their opposition.<<<<<<

I am afraid your post will be deleted as you put muslims and islam for a trial...

Bicos, you are writing about muslims kill muslim which is the same as mine that was deleted asking me not to write here again about the muslim who kills each other...( check thread ..muslims kill muslims ) ..

please be aware...Moderator has the right to delete or close the thread or even ban ..
. I dont want anyone to be removed from this site......hope you will understand..

:salam2:

Its their discretion to or not, dont take it to heart bro. Sometimes there's wisdom in deleting some threads.

Jazakallah for posting the sermon sis V, just gives me goosebumps especially when He (salla llahu alayhi wassalam) asks Allah to be a witness.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The language of Islam is medicine to the heart. Keep it up sister,,keep posting. May Allah reward you richly for your passion.