Spiderman accepts Islam, kneels down for prayer

truesuccess

Proud to be a Muslim
Spiderman accepts Islam, kneels down for prayer

Namaz is the name given to each of the 5 prayer sessions a Moslem is required to perform daily.

>>Click here to read in detail<<

Assalam Alaikum
I think the way to teach prayer to childrens was not right
whats your opinion ?

Wassalam

kayleigh

Probably not in the best taste. Spiderman himself isn't haram or anything, in my opinion or to my knowledge, but if you read the comics or watch the movies, there are women dressed in short skirts, etc.

Having something geared towards kids isn't a bad idea. Using anything like Spiderman, Batman, etc., should probably be avoided.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
As salamu alaykum!

....NO WAY!Why Spiderman??
Why not a simple little boy???Created by Allah??

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum,

Why should we copy the kufaaar who use these comic characters to teach other stuff.

We should apply the quran and sunnah and using kufaar symbols/characters is not good in my opinion.

diamond

i dont know whether to be angry or serious but i have many nepews who are hypnotised by spiderman and i mean hypnotised...something like this would really make them take in salat...at the same time it does seem like the wrong thing to do, have a spiderman character....as someone said earlier a normal boy performing salat, i believe will only have 10% of the impact spiderman would have on the kids i know today

Allah knows best
Ameen

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Definitely not a good idea, there are better ways of teachng children salaat, how about by example?? Children learn by example, by what they see their parents do. They see you pray, then they will pray. Dont let these comics be a role model for our children, this is what the non-believers want,:astag: Also, how about Adam's World, my son loves it!!:hijabi:

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
its definitely not a good idea to use spiderman. Children should be taught to pray for ALLAH SWT and should be taught its benefits. but with all these children will start praying just for the sake of spiderman saying that they love spiderman they do it.

Redneck

Spiderman is part of a whole series of characters published by the American company Marvel Comics. When I was growing up in the UK
most kids, mainly boys, read them. They were a kind of modern mythology of heroes very similar to the ones found in Ancient Greek culture. After the age of thirteen you were thought to be "nerdy" if you continued to read them.

About the age of ten we played games based on the stories in the comics. One particular "hero" was the "Hulk", this was a man, who when he got angry he turned into a massively powerful green monster and smashed towns and cities up. As children we played being The Hulk and imagined we were running riot in a built up area. By the end of the game we had actually caused a lot of damage to the building site we had been playing in.

I'll leave you to deduce the rights and wrongs of using these characters as role models for your children.

Do Muslims have good historical or mythological role models for children?
It's got to be better than this.

PS - An American that turns green with "primordial" anger , smashes up towns...Hmmmm.

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
Do Muslims have good historical or mythological role models for children?
It's got to be better than this.

Maybe Sinbad and Aladdin. I guess they have universal fame now if I'm not mistaken. But I guess such charecters pertain to the Arabic and Persian culture, not exactly the Islamic.

i think our prophet mohmaad(sw) and his sahabas are the role model for us and our children.

if we have them infront our eyes then why i may be need to have historical or mythological ideal or role model?

i know this is not related with this topics.
i am just saying......

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
i think our prophet mohmaad(sw) and his sahabas are the role model for us and our children.

if we have them infront our eyes then why i may be need to have historical or mythological ideal or role model?

i know this is not related with this topics.
i am just saying......

Of course Rasool pbuh and Sahaba raa are the role model. Mythological charercters are just for fantasy and are not to be taken seriously. Alhamdulillah, the sunna is still preserved.

Another historical (not mythical) charecter that can be taken seriously is Salahuddin al-Ayyubi. He is considered an examplery hero all over the Isalmic world (he is from Kurdistan), the Muslims all had equality at that time and Saladdin unified Egypt, Syria, and Iraq under one banner.

truesuccess

Proud to be a Muslim
Of course Rasool pbuh and Sahaba raa are the role model. Mythological charercters are just for fantasy and are not to be taken seriously. Alhamdulillah, the sunna is still preserved.

Another historical (not mythical) charecter that can be taken seriously is Salahuddin al-Ayyubi. He is considered an examplery hero all over the Isalmic world (he is from Kurdistan), the Muslims all had equality at that time and Saladdin unified Egypt, Syria, and Iraq under one banner.

Assalam Alaikum

Rasool pbuh, Sahaba .....
also Salahuddin-al-Ayyubi ( one of the famous hero in Islamic History )

Very nice.

Wassalam

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
When I was a boy, comic book heroes were the role models of many boys and girls. We all had our favorites. For some, it was Batman, fighting crime with acrobatics, inventions and unlimited wealth. For others, it was Superman, saving the world with any number of his superhuman powers. For me, it was Spiderman. All of his foes were more powerful than him, so he had to use both his brains and his brawn to win the day.

I was not born a Muslim. But if I had seen this I probably would have put down my head in salat just like my hero Spidey. So, let's not take this as something more than it is. Comics like this educate and entertain at the same time. Probably not in the best taste, but I hope that Allah rewards the people behind this for their efforts to reach and teach the young.

Redneck

AmericanMuslim: Guess you have a very good point there . I had forgotten much about these stories . When I think about it you are right about Spiderman.

Spiderman is perhaps the most positive and resourceful of all the characters. The Hulk is at the opposite end , all brute force and rage.

In fact didn't they have a Spiderman Vs Hulk at some point? If they did, can you remember who won?

What would anyone make of this ? Here I am waiting for the complete Qur'an to download

- "What were you doing just before you read the Qur'an for the first time?

"... Oh I was asking an American Muslim if he thought Spiderman had (or could) beat the Hulk..."

Redneck

UmmOF3

Let us know what you mean please. I mean this respectfully.

If you think I am being flippant , its not that . If you went all out for
Islam here in the Uk and gathered many , many reverts you would have to develop a particular strain of humour and wonder in the little things you are going to have to deal with .

What are you going to do when a curious British woman turns up at a Mosque for the first time, wants to find out more, and starts looking around outside for somewhere to tie up the three dogs she has in tow?

All these little strange sort of things might well happen.

Instead of watching the telly tonight , I'm going to wash my hands and read some more of the Qur'an . I want other people here in the UK to want to do the same.- There are better role models in The Qur'an than in any pre-fabricated TV series or comic book story- how you begin tell other people who do not know this ?

UmmOf3

Salaam aleikum

What I think is, that this spiderman-thing, was a joke... It was made to make fun of muslims, not to show that turks use spiderman to teach children to pray... ;)

If a British woman came to the masjid where I go, I would be more surprised that she is British, than that she has 3 dogs... And by the way, there is a fence outside the masjid, so dogs, no problem.

Redneck

Maybe it was a joke . If it was I would hope not one made in bad taste. I think there is something rather wonderful that there are people, not all Muslims , from all over the world discussing it here and on other sites.

Non Muslims are going to do all sorts of strange and odd and inexplicable things to try to understand you. Meet them with humour and patience if you can.

The Qur'an is beautiful .