start an islamic school in U.S.

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Asslamu alaikum

Insh'allah I want to start an islamic school and even though my goal to open it is not for another 10-15 years from now, I am trying to study other islamic schools, researching on how I should begin. Especially a high school islamic school, where I live in U.S. Maryland they have elementaries and a few middle schools but once they leave those some quickly fall back to glitters of this world. so anyone has some advice on where I should begin please post or if anyone has been in an Islamic school what was your experience like. how long were there.

All my life even in college, not once was I taught in private school, always public.

Shahzad

wat a gr8 idea sister

Well, it shud on focus on basics of islam like faith and rituals initally

Then as student progress ahead , we shud then teach him some basic Fiqh, so that he cud differentiate or at least get a sense of difference between halal and haram, purity and impurity etc..

We shud also teach student very very excellent worldly education. No compromise on Deen and no compromise on worldly education so that we can progress and rule the world like we did ealier, in spain for example.

I wonder if US gov.t is gona allow it.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

http://www.4islamicschools.org/parent_start.htm
THIS IS A VERY GOOD SITE AND SHOULD ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS.HOWDOI KNOW ABOUT IT ?SISER I HAVE ALSO BEEN THROUGHTHE PAIN OF COED EDUCATION ND FROM THERE I ALSO PICKED UP THIS PASSION FOR A MUSLIM SCHOOL .SO MBE WE CAN SHARE IDEAS SINCE IN MY CASE TO ITS A BIT AWAY IN THE FUTURE,S HAVE TO COMPLETE PG DEGREE BUT PLS PRAY CAN SET UP WITHIN 5 YEARS.INSHALLAH.I BELIEVE THAT THERE IS BARKAT IN BOLDNESS ,SO EVEN IF I SRT ON SMALL SCALE I SHOULD D THAT .OUR KIDS SHOULDGET THE BEST OF BOTH THE WORLDS .. M ENCLOSING AN ARTICLE .HOPE YOUWILL BENEFIT ....hoping to hear more about your plans .inshallah .
There has been a sudden spurt of Islamic schools all over the country. While some set up these schools with funds donated by the community, some have a good backing from Muslims abroad. But there has been one common trend. All these schools are aiming to come up to the level of International schools. Some have succeeded, some have not.
Mumbai has four English Islamic schools. The parents have started debating about the benefits of Islamic schools vis a vis Secular schools. Our Special Correspondent, M. Hanif Lakdawala spoke to Shehnaz Shaikh, founder and Principal of the Al-Mu'minah School and Najma Kazi, Principal Anjuman -I- Islam's Saif Tyabji Girls' High School to elicit their views on this.
"Islamic Schools Provide the Environment"
Shehnaz Shaikh, Founder and Principal of Al-Mu'minah School
Unlike secular schools, Islamic curriculum and Arabic is taught right from the nursery at an Islamic School. Moreover,_expression of Islamic culture is possible in Islamic schools. What hurt me most was that like me, even my daughter was not allowed to put mehendi on the hands, which is part of the Indian culture. When my daughter was asked to break the fast before time, in the month of Ramadan-as most of the Convents does not allow their students to fast, I said enough is enough and decided to start a school which incorporates Islamic teachings and culture with the secular education.
The foundation of the Islamic schools is based on the firm belief that Islamic education has to be combined with academic education for the child to be truly successful. It’s mission is to help a radically different generation of Muslims: English-speaking, academically on par with the best, and thoroughly Islamic in conduct.
I believe environment plays an important role in the upbringing of children. Children spend almost half of their wakeful hours in school. Islamic schools provide the environment, which is in tune with the teachings of Islam, and impart them the moral values, which is in sync with the teachings of Prophet Muhammed (Pbuh).
An Islamic school lessens not only the children's burden by providing religious and secular education at one window, but also their parents' burden by teaching the children how to live like good Muslims. This includes treating everyone as part of the same human family. Our aim is not only to build a good Muslim student, but a good Indian student.
At Al-Mu'minah School, the Islamic syllabus includes the study of the Qur'an and Ahadeeth, memorisation of the Qu'ran (selected surahs for all children and the entire Qur'an for selected children), learning Arabic as a compulsory language, seerah of the Prophet (Pbuh), Islamic akhlaq and aadab (character and manners).
By the end of the year, nursery children know several Arabic words, surahs and duas with English translation. While learning Islamic subjects, students also study the regular subjects according to the government prescribed syllabus.
Students in Islamic schools are free to express Islamic attitudes and behaviour, proudly and openly. Uniforms for students is as per the Islamic guidelines and even provision for congregational prayers in the school are also made.
"The Laboratory-like Conditions in Islamic Schools is Not Needed"
Najma Kazi, Principal Anjuman- I- Islam's Saif Tyabji Girls' High School
No one is stopping Muslim students from expressing Islamic culture in secular schools managed by Muslims. All the secular schools managed by Anjuman Islam have provision for Muslim students to express their culture and quite a few teach Urdu language and Islamic morals.
One of the major issues before the teachers is to prepare a child to lead a normal life in a plural country like India. Being a socio-cultural diversity and multi-religion society, the teachers must inculcate the values of respecting other religions and culture amongst the students. It's in their hands to remove biases and prejudices from the child's mind.
What is needed is to inject self-confidence in students. We train our teachers and guide them to coach students to first discover their hidden potential and then start believing in their abilities. Thus, most of our students not only excel in their studies, but are achievers in the extra-curricular activities and take active interest in Islamic learning.
What has been taught in Islamic schools can be taught in the secular schools and in our schools, we do it. Using the most limited resources, to change a human being born in a deprived class, into a conscious citizen of the country is not difficult. What is needed is focus on the overall development of the child. I have convinced the Management to provide a full time professional counselor who interacts with the students and takes care of any psychological problems. Another area we need to focus is sports. Instead of burdening the students with theology, focus must be on developing the aptitude for sports and providing them the centres for sports. Our school is one, which provides Martial Art Training with women instructors. What is needed is to develop a strong aptitude training programme and planning of career for the students. The need of the hour is to provide to students with aptitude training facilities and career planning guidance. Most of the times, it is the peer pressure and mark sheet that guide the destiny of the student .My priority is not starting education courses, but guiding them about the proper courses as per their talent.
Besides academic excellence, we also emphasise on value education. "The image of the community has to be taken care of from the school days. What better way than to teach children the values and make them good human beings. The laboratory like conditions in Islamic schools is not needed to make Muslim students a good Muslim and a good human being.

http://www.4islamicschools.org/parent_start.htm

Abdullah_77

that would be the best!!!!! inshallaah
that would be the best to pray freely at school with azan blasting through the halls
....i wish we had that here

ameenn

dianek

My son attends IQRA Academy here in Richmond, it is very small and only goes to the 6th grade I think.....after that it would be public. They are organizing to try and buy land and open a larger school in the Richmond area as well, but not sure when that will be. If they don't by the time Ramzi is in 6th grade, I am sure my husband will be finding us a new home in Northern VA....GOD HELP ME!!!! I can't take the traffic up there or the prices! Good luck in your endeavor!

malik_klm

Asslamu alaikum

Insh'allah I want to start an islamic school and even though my goal to open it is not for another 10-15 years from now, I am trying to study other islamic schools, researching on how I should begin. Especially a high school islamic school, where I live in U.S. Maryland they have elementaries and a few middle schools but once they leave those some quickly fall back to glitters of this world. so anyone has some advice on where I should begin please post or if anyone has been in an Islamic school what was your experience like. how long were there.

All my life even in college, not once was I taught in private school, always public.

:salam2:
Dear Brother/Sisters
I am Malik Faisal from New Delhi, India currently we are working on an Islamic School in India, to achieve this purpose i am doing research, i need you help to achieve this please shear your research work with me at [email protected]

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Asslamu alaikum

:salam2: SIster,

Abu Ameenah Bilal Phillips has setup Islamic Schools as well designes course for Islamic studies programme for Preston Univesity in Ajmaan UAE.

Now he has setup an Islamic school and University in Chennai India.

He was telling that they have no restrictions if someone want to use their Course to start an Islamic School, Islamic Studies profgram at University Level.

Below is their Website
http://www.prestonchennai.ac.in/

FIRST YEAR - FIRST SEMESTER
S.No Subjects
1 Noble Qur’an & Tajweed I
2 Aqeedah I
3 Tafseer I - Usool at-Tafseer
4 Hadeeth I - Usool al-Hadeeth
5 Fiqh al-‘Ibaadaat I
6 Arabic Grammar I
7 Hadeeth
8 Computer Studies
9 English I
go to Top
FIRST YEAR - SECOND SEMESTER
S.No Subjects
10 Noble Qur’an & Tajweed II
11 Seerah I
12 Introduction to Da’wah
13 English II
14 Hadeeth II
15 Arabic Grammar II
16 Aqeedah II
17 Tafseer II
18 Fiqh al-Ibaadaat II
go to Top
SECOND YEAR - THIRD SEMESTER
S.No Subjects
19 Noble Qur’an III
20 ‘Aqeedah III
21 Tafseer III
22 Islamic Psychology
23 Seerah II
24 Fiqh al-Mu’aamalaat I
25 Hadeeth III
26 Usool al-Fiqh
27 Arabic Grammar III
go to Top
SECOND YEAR - FOURTH SEMESTER
S.No Subjects
28 Arabic Grammar IV
29 ‘Aqeedah IV
30 Da’wah Methodology
31 Fiqh al-Mu’aamalaat II
32 Islamic History I
33 Curriculum and Instruction
34 Tafseer IV
35 Public Speaking and Debate
36 Mass Media and Communications
go to Top
THIRD YEAR - FIFTH SEMESTER
S.No Subjects
37 Noble Qur’an III
38 Arabic Grammar V
39 Islamic Management
40 Fiqh al-Usrah: Muslim Family Law
41 Educational Psychology
42 Islamic Civilizational Studies
43 Islamic History II
44 Aqeedah IV (Comparative Religion)
45 Practicum
go to Top
THIRD YEAR -SIXTH SEMESTER
S.No Subjects
46 Child Psychology
47 Islamic Banking and Finance
48 Thesis
49 Fiqh IV – Inheritance
50 Islamic Business Administration
51 Arabic Grammar VI
52 Teaching Methodology
53 Research Methodology
54 Islamic Marketing

:wasalam:

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2:
Dear Brother/Sisters
I am Malik Faisal from New Delhi, India currently we are working on an Islamic School in India, to achieve this purpose i am doing research, i need you help to achieve this please shear your research work with me at [email protected]

:salam2: Brother,

Please contact contact Abu Ameenah Bilal Phillips, they have already done lot of work and reaserch on it. They should be happy to share it with you.

:wasalam:

malik_klm

Dear Brother/Sister
Assalamualykum I tried so many times to prestonchennai.ac.in and write many mails but I do not get any response. Any one can shear his research work regarding Islamic school. We will deeply appreciate

Zazakallah
Malik Faisal