struggling to achieve

sal12

Assalamu alaykum,
Has anybody here struggled for months or years to achieve something? What was the outcome? Did you achieve it? How did you deal with it or bear patience? It could be anything; exams, finding a spouse etc. Share your story! I've been struggling for months now to achieve something but I just want to hear how it turned out for you as I have no idea if there is any light at the end of my dark tunnel!!! Please share your experiences so that I can have faith that Allah will give me ease after my harship or some way out.

Jazakallahu khayran

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
Assalamu alaykum,
Has anybody here struggled for months or years to achieve something? What was the outcome? Did you achieve it? How did you deal with it or bear patience? It could be anything; exams, finding a spouse etc. Share your story! I've been struggling for months now to achieve something but I just want to hear how it turned out for you as I have no idea if there is any light at the end of my dark tunnel!!! Please share your experiences so that I can have faith that Allah will give me ease after my harship or some way out.

Jazakallahu khayran

Salam Alaikum

I have struggled some years after I converted to Islam.:( At first I was very good Alhumdulilah following everything exact. Then I started getting caught up in the world. Should I wear hijab everyone is staring, wearing it at home taking it of for work, praying outside when the time came if I wasnt at home,etc... just different things over the years. It was horrible I felt as if I living a double life. :astag:The outcome for me was learning that this world has nothing to offer me and that my benefits come from worshipping Allah. Now I am not saying I am the best muslimah but I am definetly striving for a place in the Jannah, inshallah. I dealt will it by praying and getting myself closer to Allah. As I got closer nothing seemed to matter to me but him. So there is always light at the end of the tunnel. We must exhaust patience and stay steadfast in prayer. The light at the end of the tunnel may not be what you are looking for but it may be best thing for you because Allah is the all-knowing. Now if I cannot work with hijab so be it. If people stare so be it. If I pray outside and people are talking so be it. The only one that concerns me who is watching is Allah and I do not have to answer to this people but I do have to answer Allah. I do not know the situation you are going through but you must know that there nothing Allah cannot take care of. Ask him for what you need and be patient and humble when you are waiting for the outcome. Inshallah you will make it throu your struggles.

So like your topic states I struggled to achieve my ultimate goal. I hate I had to struggle with those things but the did make me who I am today.
Salam Amirah80:hearts:

palestine

Servant of Allah
asalamu alaykum. well i struggled in many ways, the hardest one was forgiving some people who had really done some horrible things towards me. for almost 6-7 years i was unable to forgive them. several people. but eventually i let it go, and i had forgiven them. i mean when i see them i do dislike them, but i don't talk behind there backs, and i don't even think of them anymore. but i have forgiven them. that was a great struggle. i also had doubts about my hijab one time. people made fun of me, classmates and so on. i was always their target. but i defended my self and when shaytan told me to look like them i had refused and alhamdulillah no one bugs me anymore. they ask why i wear it and i simply answer them. alhamdulillah. do not worry. salam

BroNfaith

Peace!
:wasalam:

Well, I don't have a success story yet, but I'm on the same boat as you. I don't want to bother you with it, it's about self-mastery. I just want to tell you NEVER give up and keep on trying. There will be alot of difficulties and defeats, but if you keep the right belief and attitude, while learning from your mistakes, in sha' Allah you will reach your goal in the end.

Brothers & sisters, keep the stories coming!

Salam,

abu'muhammad

:salam2:

Sister Sal,

We have events/stories so on..., but I want to keep with myself , hahaha... seriously i consider them as real wealth in late 20s . these are ahadeeths that will help you in the situation, InshaAllah.

Allah's Apostle (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam) said: "Strange are the ways of a believer for there is good in every affair of his and this is not the case with anyone else except in the case of a believer for if he has an occasion to feel delight, he thanks (God), thus there is a good for him in it, and if he gets into trouble and shown resignation (and endures it patiently), there is a good for him in it".

Narrated by Suhaib ibn Sinan ar-Rumi (Razi Allah Ta'lah Anhu); Muslim transmitted it. Hadith No.5297 of Mishkat al-Masabih.

The Prophet (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam) said, "Whenever any of you turns his look towards one who has been given more in wealth and physique, let him look towards one who is inferior to himself". In the narration of Muslim, the Prophet (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam) said, "Look at him who is inferior to you, and don't look at him who is superior to you. It is therefore, more proper that you should not consider the gifts of Allah upon you as insignificant".

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Razi Allah Ta'lah Anhu); Bukhari and Muslim transmitted it. Hadith No.5242 of Mishkat al-Masabih.

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet drew a square and then drew a line in the middle of it and let it extend outside the square and then drew several small lines attached to that central line, and said, "This is the human being, and this, (the square) in his lease of life, encircles him from all sides (or has encircled him), and this (line), which is outside (the square), is his hope, and these small lines are the calamities and troubles (which may befall him), and if one misses him, an-other will snap (i.e. overtake) him, and if the other misses him, a third will snap (i.e. overtake) him."

Volume 8, Book 76, Number 426: sahih Bukhari.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Riches does not mean, having a great amount of property, but riches is self-contentment."

Volume 8, Book 76, Number 453:

Brother in Islam -Asif.

yellowFlower

TRUST in Allah [SWT]
Walaikum Assalam, Sister.

Insha'Allah, everything will get better more and more everyday. When I first saw your thread, I've had a "difficult" time to ponder and how to answer because usually, explaining is not one of my things, haha. But yah, here I go... answering your question and sharing is always a good thing. [:

So, what have I been struggling to achieve? Well, it has not been achieved yet either because I wasn't trying or that I wasn't even ready. The thing that I really wanted to achieve is to have a meeting with my parents or hmm, family, but my siblings already knew... that I'm following Islam and I want my parents to accept me being a Muslimah. My parents are reallyyy strict and they're both devoted Catholics. I've asked my mom once about suppose one of her family members in her country is leaving their religion, then how will she react? She responded with a big two eyed and a no smile, saying that she will be very fierced. Actually, I think there is something else that she would like to say more that I would like to hear, but we've had a hard time communicating with each other since I'm hearing impaired and she thinks that I actually "don't know anything because of it."

Anyways... so, I thought I wasn't ready to tell her and my dad because of what her answer was and I really really really don't want to hurt them. I did hurted my siblings in the first place when they found out, but I suppose that they're really okay with me following Islam now since there's no changes in me to a bad or harmful person. I don't think my parents would ever forget because they are parents and they raised me and expected me to be like them, you know? I also don't want them to think or feel that they're bad parents because of what's happening with my siblings, there was so many going on and I don't want to be involved in the "same" path that causes my parents more pains. My mom told me once that she was really sad because of what was happening in the family and she said that she is thinking that she did not raised them correctly because they ended up like this or that, which is unfortunate.

It's been approximately a year that I've been studying Islam and I have to admit that I'm not very knowledgeable. I reverted a couple of months ago, Alhamdulilah. So, this is my story and Insha'Allah, I will be patient and wait until I'm ready for the whatever outcomes.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Over the years I have experienced many trials and tests from Allah. One of the major one was being homeless with three children. Its a long story but lets just say that it was to a point that I was left with the clothes on my back, no food, no money to buy food, subhanallah! I really thought that I was at the end of my rope, then Allah made a way for me with a lot of prayer and patience. This is what I have achieved....Don't give up on yourself or Allah will give up on you. This situation has helped me to achieve a sense of gratefulness and true faith in Allah.

Allah loves the patient, and tests those that He loves. Be strong sis!:hearts: