Suggestions for holiday

MubarekMuslimah

Salaams

My husband and I want to go away over the Xmas/New Year period. We originally were going to go to Dubai from about 26th/27th Dec to 1st/2nd Jan ( approx 5 nights) but I looked at the flights today and we have left it too late it seems! They are charging extorniate prices for that week! Almost £1000 per person per flight!! and the hotels........ahhh...Anyway I am really disappointed but we are determined to go away in this week because a) we really need a holiday together and b) its good to get away at this time as it means we avoid some of the Xmas activities with my family with a legitimate excuse that doesnt upset anyone....

Can anyone recommend how I can either go about still going to Dubai at this time - cheap flights and a half decent hotel - or can suggest somewhere else to go instead...all suggestions of alternative locations welcome. We have a medium sized budget - but not ridiculous - prob about £1250 - £1350 ABSOLUTE max for flights and hotel for us both. Not a penny more insha'allah.

Someone suggested New York to me...but I dunno....we really wanted somewhere warm and with a beach to be honest!

Jazak'allah khairun

Wasalaams

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam2:

Have u thought about Spain? I mean those places "touched" by the arabs? Or have u been already there?
...or I really suggest you a nice muslim country :)

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

I always enjoy going to Mexico for holiday. It is cheap to stay there for extended time....really good food...beautiful beaches not yet tampered with. Did I mention the food :D

:wasalam:

MubarekMuslimah

Wasalaams sisters :hearts:

Jazak'allah khairun for replies so far...Spain is good...and Mexico! Im up for somewhere where there are muslims - where we can eat halal and where i wont get too many looks in my scarf lol.....Doesnt have to be a muslim country but with muslims there....Hmmm Spain sounds nice....I must check it out.,....what parts of Spain are best for muslims?? dont wanna be surrounded by bikini-clad tourists but do want somewhere with things to do....

MubarekMuslimah

Salaams again, lol

Just to add that we do want to see some sights but we are really going for just pure stress-relief and get away from everything and forget ...do you know what I mean?? just think ultimate lazy holiday......sleep, good food, sun and a good view :) with some shopping/things to do.....Ahh...Im dreaming already....

MubarekMuslimah

Salaams sis SM - we went there back in May this year! yeah it is really nice - very chilled out. We *could* go back again but it seems silly to go twice in 1 year....we have also been Morocco ( Marrakech) before and that was nice too masha'allah.

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
Salaams again, lol

Just to add that we do want to see some sights but we are really going for just pure stress-relief and get away from everything and forget ...do you know what I mean?? just think ultimate lazy holiday......sleep, good food, sun and a good view :) with some shopping/things to do.....Ahh...Im dreaming already....

Lol! Indeed the super ultimate lazy holiday. I had one of those when I lived with my parents lol.

My roommate has just suggested Alexandria or Cairo. She just got back from there
And from the US she gets her tickets around 700 dollars round trip but when she gets there its not that expensive to stay. And lots of shopping! Whooo.

:wasalam:

MubarekMuslimah

oooh Egypt :)

Hmm...ok the short-list so far in no particular order is
1.Spain
2. Egypt

Thank you so much for your suggestions!! :hearts:

Anymore??? :SMILY149:

dawahforever

Asalaamu Alaikum

What about Malaysia? I lived there which is different but all the tourists told me as a tourist it was amazing..they get the clean beaches, snorkelling, sailing etc . I heard Penang is great and Perhentian too. (don't know if its expensive from the UK though..from Canada it is for the flight)

Wa Salaamu Alaikum
D4E

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
I was reading first page and thinking...Egypt go to Egypt! lol, then aha! you think Egypt!

My mate went there about 8 days ago....and she said it was great. Apparently all the hotels are a really high standard there. I have never heard anyone complain about Egypt! I am thinking about going early next year for a weeks break....same as you i want to eat halal and wear my scarf!

And.....check out lastminute.com, apparently they have wicked deals for Egypt!

MubarekMuslimah

salaams

I just been on lastminute.com - Turkey ( Istanbul) and Oman are quite cheap - any views on these for holiday??

May have to up our budget :(.....it soooo expensive!!

q8penpals

Salam

You should come to Kuwait (if you have a US or British passport, you can get a visit visa at the airport)!! Most of Kuwait empties out at Christmas time (schools are all on break) and all the flights are bulging full to LEAVE Kuwait - you could probably get a good deal flying INTO Kuwait!

Besides, then you maybe could meet MEEEE! :)

Lana