surah 114

serena77

:salam2:

I've been using this one book to learn the prayers and its probably not the best of books, i'm sure there's always better ones, but between it and Youtube ( I didnt even LIKE Youtube before i started looking at reverting ) I've been learning more and more of the pronunciations and the correct ways to go about things etc.
Anyway... there was one surah that is used in the book that i wasn't famillar w/ and it was 114... its short I have to say, but ... even so I'm really proud of myself while i wasn't holding all the correct syllables as long as i should I had the pronunciation maybe 90 % there without hearing it. Thats such an improvement from where i started when i was learning things... I'm so happy... I know this may seem stupid but some things are finally starting to come together at least in my head if no where else and to me that means a lot....

I had finally started setting a more actual date for saying my shahada ... I may have to push it back about two weeks because i really want to discuss this w/ my therapist before i do. he's been supportive of my study and has absolutely no issues... and i think i posted even taught comparative religions and spent some time in egypt ... he's about as well rounded a therapist as i think i've ever seen.. but I want to have that support here before i do it. he's my only support in person of that.... sad isnt it...?

but there's some serious issues that i have to discuss w/ him tuesday and so i may have to push it back a week or two... I really hope no one will look ill at me for that.... and trust me ... I wish those other issues didnt exist... but they do... :( ...

but i'm getting there. Once i realized why there was a different surah in my book than on the youtube prayer... I really felt like it was starting to come together and now this and so i feel in some ways even more so.

inshallah things will get better.
serena

a_stranger

Dear sister, I pray that Allah shubhanahu wa taala reward you and make thing easy for you in all your good efforts.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
No, sister, it's not stupid(I don't like that word..=))

I pray Allaah makes it easier for you to gain the correct pronounciation(and recitation) of His words!!

I hope things go well with your therapist and you're all ready and set to take the shahaadah by the time you're back home!=)

Oh and if ever you need it, I'm sure this family here will support you in any way they can! =)

esperanza

revert of many years
dear sister were all here for you to support advise or just if you need someone to tsalk to
may Allah guide you ...

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Dear sister, although you are not yet a Muslim, Alhamdulillah all brothers and sisters will try to help you Inshallah and advice you about Islam.:SMILY252:

I pray to Allah you can take Shahadah soon sister with help of Allah.

My advice for you dear sister is that it is better that you first try to learn some short Surahs which you can recitate always, especially during Salah, like Surah Al Fatiha, Ayatul Kursi, Surah Falaq, Surah An- Nass and Surah Al Ihlas, and Inshallah you can after learn some longer Surahs with Allahs help.

May Allah help you in everything and all of us. Ameen :tti_sister:

:wasalam:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

I pray to Allaah that all goes well for you, from the begining till the end, in duniya and Akhira.

Ring TTI if you need some help. We'll provide all we can to ease your situation Inshaa'Allaah.

like Surah Al Fatiha, Surah Ayatul Kursi, Surah Falaq, Surah An- Nass and Surah Al Ihlas,

Ukht, Ayatul Kursi is an Ayah (verse) not surah (chapter)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Ukht, Ayatul Kursi is an Ayah (verse) not surah (chapter)

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair dear sister for correcting my mistake. Alhamdulillah I know it is an Ayah sister, but in my place, we say always for Ayatul Kursi that it is a Surah although we know it is an Ayah,that is why I made this mistake. :shymuslima1:

Inshallah I will correct my post now sister.

May Allah bless you. Ameen ya Rabby

:wasalam:

Tomtom

Banned
Surah An-Nas 114

1. قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ النَّاسِ
Qul aAAoothu birabbi alnnasi
2. مَلِكِ النَّاسِ
Maliki alnnasi
3. إِلَٰهِ النَّاسِ
Ilahi alnnasi
4. مِنْ شَرِّ الْوَسْوَاسِ الْخَنَّاسِ
Min sharri alwaswasi alkhannasi
5. الَّذِي يُوَسْوِسُ فِي صُدُورِ النَّاسِ
Allathee yuwaswisu fee sudoori alnnasi
6. مِنَ الْجِنَّةِ وَالنَّاسِ
Mina aljinnati waalnnasi

Muhsin Khan
Say: "I seek refuge with (Allah) the Lord of mankind,
"The King of mankind,
"The Ilah (God) of mankind,
"From the evil of the whisperer (devil who whispers evil in the hearts of men) who withdraws (from his whispering in one's heart after one remembers Allah),
"Who whispers in the breasts of mankind,
"Of jinns and men."

Dear Sis Serena77,

You have not really specified what exactly was the problem. Sometimes, when the Holy Qur'an is translated into English there are diiferent versions of English that they use. There are currently six types of English translations which are Sahih International, Muhsin Khan, Pickthall, Yusuf Ali, Shakir and Dr. Ghali. If you have found that some of the English words are different then don't worry they all are the same but just conveyed differently. Also be aware that I have found some du'as are worded differently on different sites, so don't worry about them.

People coming to Islam from other faiiths are given short surah's to learn to make it easier for them to get used to the prayers. Don't forget that all surah's of the Holy Qur'an are so powerful because they are the actual words of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

My advise to you is don't let anybody force you to take the Shahada because if you are not 100% committed to God then it will not work. You have to give your body, mind and soul to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. Take your Shahada at your own time, that's what I did, although there is a point in people saying that you could die tomorrow.........

Sis you say that you have some serious issues to discuss with your therapist...therapist?
I know there are some very knowledgeable brothers and sisters here who may be able to help. Post a blog like this one and I'm sure you will be inundated with helpful advise.

One final point sister is that there is no contradiction in the Holy Qur'an, mistakes are made by human beings. I think in this case, somethings were lost in translation.

serena77

thank you... i may very well have to pst whats going on cause i do need all the help i can get... i would like to memorize 114... and some of the other short ones of course.... i really like 114 ... its one of those that does roll off the tongue which helps... hopefully my theater and english classes will actually help w/ memorization... i love listening to people reciting the koran its one thing i really like to do before i go to bed... that and nasheeds.. i have some i love dearly....
i will say i wish to buy the cds wasn't ususally import prices on amazon... those are so high... but inshallah youtube will also have a large selection... :)
serena

serena77

Surah An-Nas 114

1. قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ النَّاسِ
Qul aAAoothu birabbi alnnasi
2. مَلِكِ النَّاسِ
Maliki alnnasi
3. إِلَٰهِ النَّاسِ
Ilahi alnnasi
4. مِنْ شَرِّ الْوَسْوَاسِ الْخَنَّاسِ
Min sharri alwaswasi alkhannasi
5. الَّذِي يُوَسْوِسُ فِي صُدُورِ النَّاسِ
Allathee yuwaswisu fee sudoori alnnasi
6. مِنَ الْجِنَّةِ وَالنَّاسِ
Mina aljinnati waalnnasi

Muhsin Khan
Say: "I seek refuge with (Allah) the Lord of mankind,
"The King of mankind,
"The Ilah (God) of mankind,
"From the evil of the whisperer (devil who whispers evil in the hearts of men) who withdraws (from his whispering in one's heart after one remembers Allah),
"Who whispers in the breasts of mankind,
"Of jinns and men."

Dear Sis Serena77,

You have not really specified what exactly was the problem. Sometimes, when the Holy Qur'an is translated into English there are diiferent versions of English that they use. There are currently six types of English translations which are Sahih International, Muhsin Khan, Pickthall, Yusuf Ali, Shakir and Dr. Ghali. If you have found that some of the English words are different then don't worry they all are the same but just conveyed differently. Also be aware that I have found some du'as are worded differently on different sites, so don't worry about them.

People coming to Islam from other faiiths are given short surah's to learn to make it easier for them to get used to the prayers. Don't forget that all surah's of the Holy Qur'an are so powerful because they are the actual words of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

My advise to you is don't let anybody force you to take the Shahada because if you are not 100% committed to God then it will not work. You have to give your body, mind and soul to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. Take your Shahada at your own time, that's what I did, although there is a point in people saying that you could die tomorrow.........

Sis you say that you have some serious issues to discuss with your therapist...therapist?
I know there are some very knowledgeable brothers and sisters here who may be able to help. Post a blog like this one and I'm sure you will be inundated with helpful advise.

One final point sister is that there is no contradiction in the Holy Qur'an, mistakes are made by human beings. I think in this case, somethings were lost in translation.

brother tomtom
i can certainly understand why we would start with short ones. its so funny... i think i may have said this somewhere before ... but i live w/ my mother and stepfather ... mom doesn't want me to revert.. but she is the one that bought me the quoran in the first place... she probably didnt figure how much it would open my heart when she did it... for years I did as i should and didnt even consider it ( what i should as she believes btw... not what i believe.. let me stress that ) ....
Serena

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh,

dear sister, when i started learn Quran i felt bad about my self, like i missed so many things, i felt bad when i couldnt pronunce good some sounds, like always very self-critic..and after some time i read this wonderfull hadith, that made me see the Mercy of Allah swt: :tti_sister:

A'aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) narrated that Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said:

"Verily the one who recites the Qur'an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses (because he doesn't know how to read it but is trying to), then he will have TWICE that reward."

wish you all the best in learning and may Allah guide us all, ameen

serena77

salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh,

dear sister, when i started learn Quran i felt bad about my self, like i missed so many things, i felt bad when i couldnt pronunce good some sounds, like always very self-critic..and after some time i read this wonderfull hadith, that made me see the Mercy of Allah swt: :tti_sister:

A'aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) narrated that Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said:

"Verily the one who recites the Qur'an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses (because he doesn't know how to read it but is trying to), then he will have TWICE that reward."

wish you all the best in learning and may Allah guide us all, ameen

Salaam dear sister
thank you for that there's another thread on which form of jaz would be correct and i'm sure right now id get it wrong cause i gotta go back through it.. I'd seen the hadith before and stupid me had forgotten about it, thank you for that gentle reminder.... and i'm sorry that you felt that way when you were memorizing too, its not a good feeling at all
Serena

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
wa aleikum salam

No, is not a nice feeling dear sister, but i look now was a push to be better muslim, inchallah and to go closer to Allah ...and He is the best of planners.
Inchallah we will learn more each day, it is never a stop.
I tryed learn arabic from internet, but i will do more with some classes when ill have the opportunity inchallah

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam wa'Rahmatullaah,

Great news sister. May Allah (the Almighty) make it easy for you to recite His Words. Ameen.

Practice is the key.

What I would say generally is that, Alhamdu'lilaah you are Muslim in your heart. Therefore look at your surroundings, if it appears that a lot of difficulties would be created by openly saying the testimony of faith then refrain from doing so until your circumstances change. I say this because if you think it would create a lot of difficulties then it would be best not to. I hope this doesn't come across as discouraging but it is important (as you'll be aware) of potential reactions about you becoming Muslim.

serena77

brother ..
i still wish to take take the shahada but yes i'll be keeping it quiet from everyone at work and home and in town... sadly..... but... i am ready ... I know that... its not a matter of getting ready at this point.. just tying up my own loose ends.
serena