Hadith The acceptance of Du’a at the time of Iftar

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum

The acceptance of Du’a at the time of Iftar

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (May Allah be pleased with him) it is related that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said,
“There are three people whose ‘Du’a’ is not rejected; the fasting person until he breaks the fast, the just ruler, and the oppressed person, whose Duaa Allah lifts above the clouds and opens unto it the doors of Jannah, and Allah says: “I swear by My Honour, verily I shall assist you, even though it may be after some time.”
[Ahmad and Tirmidhi]
In another hadith also on the authority of Abu Hurayrah (May Allah be pleased with him) it is related that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said,
“Whatever is prayed for at the time of breaking the fast is granted and never refused.” [Tirmidhi]

Many people miss the opportunity of making du’a at the moment of breaking the fast, i.e. at the very last moment of Asr, before the Adhan is called for Maghrib. This is due to the fact that most people are busy preparing their food for the Iftar, and are preoccupied in putting out the food on the table or are engaged in other acts, and then the very last moments just before the Adhan for Maghrib are usually spent in futile activity just to pass time, or people idly wait around doing nothing just waiting for the time of Iftar. This is a great deprivation, as this is a very blessed moment in which duas are accepted. Thelast moments of the fast should be spent making much dua and beseeching Allah(swt) for His mercy and blessings.