The Difference Between Jews and Zionists

kayleigh

Thanks for posting. I'm sick of ignorant people who confuse Jew with Zionist. This shows that Israelis and Jews are against Israel's actions as well.

Ashima33

Salaam,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Rachel Corrie wasn't Jewish. This video is definitely worth watching. It's from the documentary, Occupation 101. And I definitely have strong feelings about making the distinction between Jews and Zionist. I was appalled when I was at a protest where people had taken the star of David and turned it into a Swastika.
Of course there are many Jews and Israelis who are against the occupation. Anyone heard of Anna Baltzer? She is an American Jew who is a huge advocate for Palestine.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
^ There are also "Muslim Zionists" though not directly. The leaders of Egypt who so keenly help Israel maintain part of the blockade are in that category.

EDIT: And yes, Zionism and Judaism is different. Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority of the Jews in Israel and the USA are Zionists. That's why people make the mistake.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asslaam walaikum,

In the US the fundamental churches are programmed to support Israel. On the religious networks often there are Christians who are begging for money to support the right of Israel to take back the land. I was surprised to see the number of shows on a given day. And the ignorant Christians give and give major money. They feel this will redeem them.

And I agree. I do not understand why the people of Egypt are sitting back. You know your country is run by a semi-moron. I will stop.

This was mailed to me. It is a good read.http://www.infowars.com/a-plague-upon-the-world-the-usa-is-a-failed-state/

arzafar

there have been an uprising in Egypt for decades. However, any uprising in now termed terrorism/alqaeda. But i think mubarak's time is surely near after 4 decades of dictatorial rule.

Orthodox Jews maybe against zionism but they are still kaafirs. We can be at peace with them but certainly not take them as friends/allies.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
there have been an uprising in Egypt for decades. However, any uprising in now termed terrorism/alqaeda. But i think mubarak's time is surely near after 4 decades of dictatorial rule.

Orthodox Jews maybe against zionism but they are still kaafirs. We can be at peace with them but certainly not take them as friends/allies.

Just to make it clear. It's a particular subset of Orthodox Jews that are against Zionism. They would specifically be part of the group Neturai Karta (http://nkusa.org/). Otherwise, the ultra-Orthodox Jews are amongst some of the most violent and brutal ones towards the Palestinians. The extreme religious ones make up a large proportion of the illegal settlers in the West Bank. They believe they have every right to kill all the goyim and that they are animals on two legs.

The "goyim" is the Jewish equivalent of "kaafir" pretty much, and refers to anyone who is a non-Jew. Taking people as friends is different from taking people as guardians. My understanding is that Muslims should not take the disbelievers as guardians and/or protectors. They can still be allies.
Assalam alaikum.

kayleigh

For what its worth, the women who run the pro-Palestinian groups in my area are largely Jewish.

sliver

Thanks for posting. I'm sick of ignorant people who confuse Jew with Zionist. This shows that Israelis and Jews are against Israel's actions as well.

Sad thing is before reading this thread I had know idea what Zionist even were . I Love how I learn something new everyday on this forum.