The Fate of Islam and the 2008 Presidential Election

naeemt

Muslims have more stigma attached to them today than any other ethnic group since the Japanese in WWII. I believe that the result of this election will dictate the future of muslims living in the West. All it takes, in my opinion, is one more attack on a western country, perhaps from the inside God forbid, and suddenly the entire west will be OFFICIALLY against us. I believe it will go to a situation as bad as detention, and perhaps deportation. I think, for muslims at least, this is perhaps the most important election in the history of the modern world.

Your thoughts?

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Muslims have more stigma attached to them today than any other ethnic group since the Japanese in WWII. I believe that the result of this election will dictate the future of muslims living in the West. All it takes, in my opinion, is one more attack on a western country, perhaps from the inside God forbid, and suddenly the entire west will be OFFICIALLY against us. I believe it will go to a situation as bad as detention, and perhaps deportation. I think, for muslims at least, this is perhaps the most important election in the history of the modern world.

Your thoughts?

:salam2:

i understand what you mean, brother. i remember a time when muslims were very respected people in this country. even after the first world trade center attack back in 1993, the muslim population was still respected in this country to a great extent. when i think of this country's history, especially the world war 2 era, i think of the mistreatment that the japanese immigrants and japanese born americans went through. the treatment was harsh and inhumane. however, over time the japanese americans and japanese people in japan have been able to recover their good standing with america. i often wonder, if we muslims can ever get back in good standing with the american people. i am becoming more and more doubtful of that. the more and more i see the mistreatment of muslims in the media and even in the current american presidential campaign, i feel as if we can never fully regain trust. 99.9% of us muslims here in america have no ill intent for america, but sadly a great portion of americans think that we do.

yesterday, i posted a thread titled " the m-word " and it was somewhat similar to the thread you have just posted. i was a bit disappointed that it only got one response, because it was about something that affects all muslims living here in america.

now as far as are detention, i don't think that will happen, but most importantly is that we must not do anything that will get us detained.
:wasalam:

naeemt

i understand what you mean, brother. i remember a time when muslims were very respected people in this country. even after the first world trade center attack back in 1993, the muslim population was still respected in this country to a great extent. when i think of this country's history, especially the world war 2 era, i think of the mistreatment that the japanese immigrants and japanese born americans went through. the treatment was harsh and inhumane. however, over time the japanese americans and japanese people in japan have been able to recover their good standing with america. i often wonder, if we muslims can ever get back in good standing with the american people. i am becoming more and more doubtful of that. the more and more i see the mistreatment of muslims in the media and even in the current american presidential campaign, i feel as if we can never fully regain trust. 99.9% of us muslims here in america have no ill intent for america, but sadly a great portion of americans think that we do.

yesterday, i posted a thread titled " the m-word " and it was somewhat similar to the thread you have just posted. i was a bit disappointed that it only got one response, because it was about something that affects all muslims living here in america.

now as far as are detention, i don't think that will happen, but most importantly is that we must not do anything that will get us detained.
:wasalam:

salams brother,

I know what you mean.. this stigma has only accelerated over the last few years, and it's spreading from America all through the western world. I live in Canada, and have experienced more than my share of Islamophobia. It is a shame really - all we want is peace and tranquility for the world, and yet we are viewed as monsters.

justoneofmillion

Your thoughts?
:salam2:America is not the world,i don t agree with what you are saying.There are millions of home grown Muslims in Europe,America is a lamed duck and Europe as well the next president of that country will have to start taking care of his business within his own borders as the president of Iran said.I can t believe that even muslims can state such nonsense.America is not the center of the world ,neither is it s politics.I don t care what happens there i, don t care what they think or how they feel about us, and i de give even my cloths to any human being who doesn t wanna oppress me.

The only one that counts is Allah swt !Do they give up one single pig because of how we think of them...No!Do they even care about what Allah swt says to them !do they reflect upon his verses NO!So why do we care about what they legislate or don t legislate....This is so funny even brothers and sisters coming from America most of the time when they present themselves to the site ,do not actually even mention the country,they just mention the city as if the rest of the world was out to know!If anything similar happened to Muslims it is Americans themselves who will be isolated within their own borders and persecuted all over the world .The cycle of the seven hundred is coming around soon inshallah.

Muslims would make the world haraam for them, everywhere they would be chased after,trust me if anything like deportation happened AKA jewish style.

They already have i hard time with a handful of us,which led them to financial ruin an a deficit far beyond imagination economically and rose the price of oil to 150,got wallstreet pingponging like a Brazilian samba dancer.Idon t think they wanna deal with 1.6 billion Muslims that will be their end period .Why do you think bush was against the cartoon publishing in Denmark? because of some sort of morality. Now that is certainly a virtue you would have to dig for somewhere else than between the skulls and bones of the white house.

Imam Ahmad has narrated that the Prophet said:

"the prophet hood will be among you as long as Allah wills, then he will eliminate it if he so wills. Then a khilafah on the model of Prophet hood will prevail so long as Allah wills, then he will eliminate it if he so wills. Then there will be a biting monarchy as long as Allah wills, then he will eliminate it if he so wills. Then there will be a military dictatorial regime as long as Allah wills, then he will eliminate it if he so wills. Then a Khilafah
on the way of Prophet hood will prevail and he kept silent

All of these steps happened and are happening in front of our eyes and inshallah the last one will happen soon can t we see!Get your trust together you are Muslims

PS.Your title is very offensive,the fate of |Allah s deen is victory period.

wassalaam
jameel

justoneofmillion

Muslims were in al andalus for 800 years. Then they were forced out. It could happen again.
:salam2:Because there was a point when they started caring more about she slaves and palaces than about learning the deen and propagating it.may allah keep away this punishment from us as he is the only one capable of that.

wassalaam
jameel

Behind The Veil

@ Above

I do agree with u.No matter the entire world turns (OFFICIALLY/UNOFFICIALLY) agaisnt us if we turn to our Lord We'd b Bunyanan Marsoos.But if we give this solution to Muslim world they tag us as impractical , orthodox and what not.

I STRONGLY believe this is a very practical solution to our problems.

OPEN THE BOOK LYING HIGH IN UR SHELVES.

Strong as we r united. Weak as we r divided

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

It greatly saddens me when I read how much the younger generation living in America wants to be accepted. Here we go again. The shadow. The need to feel as if we are the same breed. We want to be accepted as good people by them.
We are not of the same cloth. We are Muslims. Good heavens why do you list only the Japanese experiences in the Second World War as mistreatment. Reread your history. From the get-go the moneywhores and warmongers have killed and raped anybody and everybody including their own sons.
Detention..we are living it. I have posted several times of the number of Muslims who have been detained and disappeared since 9/11.
I will be dead before you believe me..and I am a believing woman.
This election will not change a thing. Why should it. The oppressors continue to oppress. The election is a mere Hollywood show.
We have no stigma. I constantly ask members to evaluate the language that we use. We can not use the language and descriptors that the oppressors use about us. The wording is another way to oppress us. Let us regain our pride as Muslims by remembering we are the free ones. Let them have their world..for ours Insha'Allah is eternal.

Islam!!yay

I dont think america will go that far of putting large scale ( I mean millions )of muslims in detention centers . Im pretty sure the west realizes that now . They've convicted many terrorist suspected muslims . But in end they were wrong . They kept convicting the wrong person . And America especially I noticed (maybe) is the only western country where muslims are better respected politicaly and civilianly compared to europe ( especially great britain ) . And I dont think deportation will occur . If terrorists were to strike america again ( god forbid ) , the most obvious thing the US will do is putting more troops and equipment in al qaeda suspected countries . And of course more hate crimes against muslims will be reported.

If al qaeda does exist and Osama Bin Laden is real , I just hope he dies before he plans another attack .

justoneofmillion

:salam2:Brothers and sisters here is a very important lecture given by Dr tariq As suwaidan ,it speaks long about Muslim history,going through numerous personalities, scholars , rulers,intrigues and civilizations ..etc to the issues of our contemporary world it is an amazing and very insightful talk.It is called The future of our deen.I Really suggest it to everyone.

Here just click the first one and go along with the other ones.I searched to find if it was available in one format but it is somehow not working,there you go.
[yt]xEP0yRSIdL4[/yt]
They are all to be found in here as well.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+futur+of+our+religion+suwaidan&search_type=&aq=f
wassalaam
jameel

wanderer

I was born in America I consider myself a patriot, and will be VERY offended if this country I so love loses one of it's great strengths, the tolerance of those who feel differently than others. I pray nightly that our next president no-matter who he is will respect the faiths of all.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

America has not put millions of Muslims in detention centers. The logic is if they put one in a detention center that is one too many. The truth is there are thousands that have been put away. Deportation occurs daily. One of the most respected of our brothers is awaiting either deportation or extended prison time. Why is it so hard to see the truth when it is before us.

We often write of the need for Muslim unity. Yet, over and over and over again I read of how Muslims still feel that we are the ones responsible for the horrific and planned deaths of civilians. In a recent poll over 87% of the responses believed the US was behind 9/11. These were Americans. As long as Muslims are holding on to the erroneous belief we are a lost people.

My friend, America has never been tolerant of those who hold a different opinion. Those who did have been delt with. Waco, Ruby Ridge, Wounded Knee, Kent State...to name a few. Mitch Synder..a man who helped the homeless in Washington, D.C. I will not even mention what happened to the Black Panthers, Brother Malcolm Shabazz was killed..John Kennedy.

Even the Constitution was written for a minority of landed gentry. Slaves were not considered humans. Yet this document starts with ..all men are born free...

A president has but limited power. Historically, the fathers of the foundling country did not want absolute rule. They were young and rich. Much like the hippie movement they knew in the end...they could fall back on their slave run plantations for food. Let us not give any authority to that which has none to begin with. Authority belongs only to Allah subhana talla.

justoneofmillion

:salam2:YOU are right Appa!What the poster meant was a holocaust like, gaz chamber concentration camps throughout Europe, as he made allusion to world war 2.I did not mean to be disrespectful to that.

Am aware horrific things are happening,am also aware that a lot of prisoners are being sent to countries Like Egypt,Syria,Algeria ,Morocco and Saudi Arabia...etc to have their human rights violated by appointed dictators that receive money and protection from the defenders of democracy in the west in return .When they forgot as you said that the only protection is from Allah swt and we need the khilafa.

However there is a big change going on at this very moment ,it is everywhere to see,Muslims somehow are getting back to their religion ,especially the youth .Mosques are growing like mushrooms throughout the west,Associations ,Dawah medias,the interest for Islam is huge for all the publicity our haters give us communities are multiplying at an impressive speed,they called it evolution ,we say it is by intelligent design.Islam is spreading everywhere trough their own market economy concepts.And Europe alone is in need of at least twenty million immigrant workers in the next few years, for it s economic survival.the population is getting old.most of them will be coming from north Africa.

Even non Muslims are disgusted with what America is doing!Americans are not very popular even in Europe nowadays among the common folk.let alone south America Asia or Africa i can tell you that for sure.And i hope they re out to join humanity by showing they are are capable of not being led , enslaved and ensnared by such Nazis masonic shriners,that are fingering their constitutional rights out of their pockets while telling them they have the Muslims under control,because the second is a lye,they will never have the Muslims under control.

Human beings are not stupid.They wanted to separate the sun from it s light by their hands , it will end up just burning them one day if they don t stop.

PS.please Appa do watch these videos i posted when you have time inshallah it is so important.

wassalaam
jameel

B.H.

Remember that even though the US is a republic with regular elections most of its people are authoritarian in nature and fear based.

Politicians out to serve their own purposes have to have an enemy to speak out against, since there are so many problems at home they want to avoid having to deal with. Muslims are the phony enemy this time around.

"Them Muslims chop off everyone's heads I tell you"

"Them Muslims love the free sex their harems give to them."

"Them Muslims are ordered by God to kill everyone who isn't Muslim"

"Muslims want to marry and molest little children because their prophet did the same":mad:

blah blah blah

Remember the Holy Quran warns us about those who claim to be creating harmony but are in fact causing nothing but disorder. That is all that George Bush and his ilk are.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I now understand what the poster meant. I will watch the videos.

Yes, I am grateful that the youth are taking the lead. I just pray some youth listen to my experiences. It is critical for our younger generation to rectify the ills that Muslims have endured.

Much of the political climate will remain the same. It is the nature of this life. I think that is why I am being so harsh. I have seen elections from Lyndon Johnson to Bush. I used to believe in change. I now rely on Allah subhana talla.

The Muslims puppet dictators are short-lived. Among you, the youth, lies correct leadership..one that will return to the only Law..that of Allah subhana talla. I will be patient and Insha'Allah I will live to see change.

That has only made me more of an activist. We need to change the way individuals think. It is the Light of Islam that opens the way to freedom. This is the hope of all mankind.

Yes, they are trying to find the mystery of the universe. There is no mystery. Allah is the answer to the mystery of the universe.

Excellent point about Americans being fear based. If you are placed in a box you are given brownie points if you behave. If you are a good person you can purchase a home, own several tv's, two cars, and the possiblity of a pension..noone wants to give that up. It is the anthema of wanting for your brother what you want for yourself. This is the fear and this is the premise of the election process. I do not have to give up that which I hold on to..I want to live the good life.

I thank you for reading my response.

wa alaikum salaam

what do you mean after the election muslims will be oppress.....trust and believe, my phone is already tap. and I am not surprise that I don't get fin-aid like i use too. who wants to live in America anyway....yuck...send to Qatar, saudia Arabia.........or yemen.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu Alaykum

Let's remember Muslims are not from one country or one region but Muslims are from around the world and there are Muslim who are American who covert to Islam so in American Muslim will always live. I really don't see the similar bewteen the Japaness and the Muslims. Let's compare we are Muslim from around the world and Japan is one country. The only thing that could happen to us meaning those who live in America is we will have the random search we have in the airports right in our homes. America is not as powerful as our fears make it. As long as we Muslim are strong in faith of Allah SWT we are untouable. Nothing can befall on the Muslim that is not written by Allah SWT and nothing cann pass by the Muslim that is written by Allah SWT. Islam start as stranger and shall turn as a strange so stop worrying.

Zafran

Muslim Brother
salaam

The fate of Islam for the west is not in any presidentail elections hand nor is it in any dictators, terrorists or prime minisiters, its in the hand of Allah swt. It all depends on how the muslims are doing, because if us muslims dont change we'll always be on the bottom until we realise we have to change and go back to Allah and his law.

But i believe Allah swt has something good planned for us we just have to be patient and stick to the Quran and sunnah.

butterflymuslima

Each to his own merit.

Salam, I am a new revert of about a year. Even before becoming a Muslima my firm belief was to judge every single person by his or her actions, not to condemn an entire group. We are all watched by our actions and should conduct ourselves as Muslims. Doing this will bring Allah's blessings to us all! We are instructed to not be pessimistic so cheer up and think happy thoughts!

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/images/smilies/muslima1.gif
:muslim_child: