The power of hope!!

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,

I hope and pray that this reaches you in the best of health/imaan. Having only three to four days left of Ramadan, the blessings of this month is just at its peak alhamdulillah. I just wanted to share with you guys such an amazing work in the community.

I have had the previlage to attend a Banquet of Hope iftaar/fundraising. It was organized by the female youth in our own community and wallahi, we have been blessed with so much! This special fundraiser included Iftar dinner, clothes auction, henna and poetry presentation. The number of sisters who attended was no more than 150 yet by the grace and mercy of Allah ta'ala and our unity we've been able to raise 5,884.48 + an orphan sponsorship!! This will go directly to the drought victims in the east of Africa! I am just amazed at how much unity of an Ummah can do!!!

I am also glad that this Eid, insha'Allah some of our brothers and sister who are affected by the femine will have a smile on their face and I can only hope for much more! Brothers and sisters, we need unity....wallahi in that event though we were of different ethnicities, we were united for ONE CAUSE to help those who're less fortunate. Imagine what we could have done if we were more than 600 sisters?? what we could of achieved?

One reason I am sharing this is....if anyone is thinking of helping out, this kind of event works really well. All the clothes and food at the event were donated from our generous brothers and sisters who own restaurants, Islamic stores and so on. So do not think for a second that we can not do much. Another reason is of course this just made my day!! I am so happy and so blessed to witness such great love and compassion.

No hate to the brothers but sisters......I think this is GIRL POWER!;)

As Ramadan ends, please continue to make Dua for those who're suffering, those who're sick and those who have no safety! may Allah accept our Salah, siyam and dua's. ameen

And Remember, United under the banner of faith will only make us strong and determined! so, lets stop labeling ourselves and start LOVING one another for the sake of the one up above!

strive-may-i

Glad about the show of solidarity. Good there was a show of unity...... and am told, its also one of those things Almighty expects from humans. That's whats called humane spirit.

Girl Power, is something else!
:)

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
^ Assalaamu alikum brother,

come on now, dont kill the fun...............it certainly felt like girl power!

Yes it was human spirit one thats rooted in the love and pleasure of Allah ta'ala.

Jazaka'Allah khair for reading this!

xAllahKnowsBestx

:salam2:

Hell yeah it's girl power! :cool:

Masha'Allaah though sis! :D It just goes to show how much we can do together when we unite. Sometimes I seriously wish this Ummah would UNITE for once. It'd be awesome. :|

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:salam2:

Hell yeah it's girl power! :cool:

Masha'Allaah though sis! :D It just goes to show how much we can do together when we unite. Sometimes I seriously wish this Ummah would UNITE for once. It'd be awesome. :|

:hearts:

yes wallahi, I pray for that....one of our sisters said that it is not about the number of people but our determination and commitment that makes a difference. Insha'Allah one day we will become one body!!!! and on that day we shall succeed.....but for now, lets continue making dua for the unity of our Ummah. :hearts:

xAllahKnowsBestx

:hearts:

yes wallahi, I pray for that....one of our sisters said that it is not about the number of people but our determination and commitment that makes a difference. Insha'Allah one day we will become one body!!!! and on that day we shall succeed.....but for now, lets continue making dua for the unity of our Ummah. :hearts:

Yeah, that's true. It all begins with smaller steps. Insha'Allaah we'll all come together. May Allah unite us all. Ameen!

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
ameen Ya malik !!! indeed it begins with small steps just as our own religion began. And in no time, we shall be given unity.....insha'Allah!!!