The Tongue!!!

suhayb08

2moro mite neva be..
:salam2:

Guarding the Tongue

From Aboo Hurayrah (radhiyaAllaahu anhu) who said: The Prophet sallahAllaahu alayhi wasallam said :

"Whoever believes in Allaah and the Last day should speak good or keep silent."[Muslim]

From Aboo Sa'eed al-Khudree (radhiyaAllaahu anhu) who said: The Prophet sallahAllaahu alayhi wasallam said :

"When the son of Aadam wakes up from his sleep , all of his body parts seek refuge from the tongue saying : 'Fear Allaah with regards to us ; for indeed we are part of you. If you are upright , then we will be upright ; and if you are corrupt , then we will be corrupt too." [saheeh at-Tirmidhee]

From Sa'eed ibn Abdul'azeez who said , Abu Dardaa (radhiyaAllaahu anhu) said :

"There is no goodness in life, except for one of two people: A silent pious person, or a speaker who is a scholar."

From Muhammad ibn 'Eesa at-Tabba' who said : 'I heard [Imaam] Maalik ibn Anas saying :

"Excess in everything is beneficial , except in speech. Verily too much of it is harmful. "

From Ibraahim ibn Sha'ath who said: 'I heard Fudhwayl ibn Iyaadh saying :

"Two things harden the heart: Too much talking, and too much eating. "

From Yahya ibn al-Yamaan who said : I heard Sufyan at-Thawree saying:

"The first Ibaada (worship) is silence. Then seeking knowledge. Then acting upon that knowledge. Then Memorizing. Then spreading it."

From Maalik ibn Deenar from al-Ahnaaf ibn Qays: ' Umar ibn al-Khattab (radhiyaAllaahu anhu) said :

" O ! Ahnaf, Whoever's speech increases; his demise increases, and whoever's demise increases; his shyness decreases, and whoever's piety decreases; his heart dies."

From Sa'd ibn Abee Sa'eed from K'ab (radhiyaAllaahu anhu) who said:

"Well being is in ten portions: nine of them are in silence."

From Abbas ibn Waleed ibn Zaid who said, I heard my father saying, I hear al-Awzaa'ee saying:

"A person will never be tested in his religion - with a calamity more harmful to him- than that of a loose tongue."

From Waleed ibn Muslim who said, Al-Awza'ee said from Yahya ibn Abee Kathir who said:

"The speech of a person does not cease to be good, except that it will be seen in the rest of his actions."

And The statement of The Exalted [Suratu Qaf : 18] :

"(Remember!) that the two receivers (recording angels) receive (each human being after he or she has attained the age of puberty), one sitting on the right and one on the left (to note his or her actions). Not a word does he (or she) utter, but there is a watcher by him ready (to record it). "

Source : Rawdhatul Uqalaa wa Nuzhatul Fudhwalaa [with editing]

Author : Imaam Aboo Haatim ibn Hibban (rahimahullaah)

Translation by : Aboo Waheeda as-salafee

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Jazak Allah Khair.

"Excess in everything is beneficial , except in speech. Verily too much of it is harmful. "

I quoted this from your text. This is so true. Particularly the second part to this statement. To much talking is not necessary and indeed can be harmful. If it is not necessary clearly do not do it. People must think everytime something happens they do not need to be heard somethimes it is better to keep your thought to yourself. To be honest it makes me nervous when someone always has something to say wether right or wrong they just like to talk.:astag:

Salam Amirah80

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
jazak Allahu khayra

:ma: these R very nice hadiths jazak Allahu khayra for sharing may Allah increase ur knowledg ameen:tti_sister:

hijab_sister

ALLAH is in my heart
salam brother
aha MASHA ALLAHgreat sharing.
i wish v could realise te importance of tongue.
jazkallahum khair for sharing.
FI AMANILLAH

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!! Sometimes we do not utilize this very important Hadith. The tongue can be a dangerous thing, subhanallah! Jazakallahu Khairan!:hearts: