The word 'Allah'

bromuslim

Assala mualaikum to all Muslim brothers and sisters,

i just want to know whether the word 'Allah' is from Arabic?.. If not, where the word comes from and were the other Prophets using the same word? (may Allah peace be upon them) Pls help me my brothers and sisters. May Allah gives His guidance to us...AMEEN.:tti_sister:

zakiyah

muslim sis
Assala mualaikum to all Muslim brothers and sisters,

i just want to know whether the word 'Allah' is from Arabic?.. If not, where the word comes from and were the other Prophets using the same word? (may Allah peace be upon them) Pls help me my brothers and sisters. May Allah gives His guidance to us...AMEEN.:tti_sister:

salam
hmmmmm i dont know really.
someone else will help u inshallah
but iv never thought of that b4.good question:hearts:
wasalam

Meraj

Brother
:salam2:

the word ALLAH is from arabic pronouciation.....but it does exist before in the old and new testments as wel in hebrew language....but the pronunciation was difrent depends on the language....it was pronouced as ila'h or elah,,,,..and sorry brother i cant give u the detail answer....i myself have watched one of the vedio of brother ZAKIR Naik wr he is giving detail answer abt it,,i dont remember the exact vedio adresss,,,but inshallah i wil try to find out...

i am sorry if there is any mistake....i apoligize for that
:wasalam:

bromuslim

Jazakallah

many thanks my friend...May Allah accepts your efforts..Ameen:tti_sister: ..Jazakallah.

the word ALLAH is from arabic pronouciation.....but it does exist before in the old and new testments as wel in hebrew language....but the pronunciation was difrent depends on the language....it was pronouced as ila'h or elah,,,,..and sorry brother i cant give u the detail answer....i myself have watched one of the vedio of brother ZAKIR Naik wr he is giving detail answer abt it,,i dont remember the exact vedio adresss,,,but inshallah i wil try to find out...

zakiyah

muslim sis

salam
jazakallah kheir:hearts:

Just Curious.......

What word do non-Muslims use to refer to "God" when they live in a Arab Muslim country. Do they use Allah or something else?

dawahforever

Christian arabs also say Allah..there's a program on tv with an Christian arab guy talking and he always says Allah. At first I thought it was a muslim show, lol.

Christian arabs also say Allah..there's a program on tv with an Christian arab guy talking and he always says Allah. At first I thought it was a muslim show, lol.

Salaamalikum,

This is interesting because the word "Allah" is so unique and perfect in Islam. Some Islamic scholars believe that the term "Allah" should not be translated, arguing that "Allah" as used in Islam is a special and glorified term whose use should be preserved, while "God" can also be used in reference to deities worshiped by polytheists.

Ideally, Allah is a pure term for God, with no partners or any human attributions. I wonder if these Christian Arabs no know this.

That's pretty funny okh (sister), it would make you pause and listen until you realize the Arab is a Christian lol

In my native language, Farsi, we have a (pure) word for God called "Khudaw" but we also say Allah, and use the two interchangeably.