Thought Provoking Quotes

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
On the authority of Ja’far ibn Burqaan who said:

“I came to know that Salmaan al-Faarisee (radiyallahu ‘anhu) used to say; “Three things make me laugh and three things make me cry. I laugh at the one who is hopeful of the world yet death seeks him; the one who neglectful (of his Lord) while he is not neglected (by Him); the one who laughs fat the top of his voice, while he does not know whether he is pleasing his Lord or displeasing Him. Three things make me cry: parting from our beloved Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi wasallam) and his Companions; the terror of the onset of the pangs of death; and the standing in front of the Lord of the worlds while not knowing whether I will be turned towards the Fire or Paradise."

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Khabbaab ibn al-Aratt radi Allahu anhu said: "We complained to the Messenger of Allah (sws) when he was reclining on his cloak in the shade of the Ka'bah. We said to him: "Why do you not ask Allah to help us (grant us victory)? Why do you not pray to Allah for us?" He said, "A man from the people before you would be placed in a hole dug for him, then they would bring a saw and cut his head in two, yet that would not make him renounce his faith. They would use an iron comb to drag the flesh and nerves from his bones, yet that would not make him renounce his faith. By Allah, this matter will be completed (i.e. Islam will be perfected and will prevail) until a rider travelling from Sana' to Hadramawt will fear nobody but Allah or the attack of a wolf on his sheep, but you are too impatient."

[Saheeh Bukhari]

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
It is reported from Ya'qoob al-Makfoof that he said:

The sincere person is the one who hides his good deeds just like he hides his evil deeds

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
If the first inward thought is not warded off, it will generate a desire, then the desire will generate a wish, and the wish will generate an intention, and the intention will generate the action, and the action will result in ruin and divine wrath. So evil must be cut off at its root, which is when it is simply a thought that crosses the mind, from which all the other things follow on.

- Imam abu Hamid al-Ghazzali

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Al-Hasan al-Basree said,

"If you see a man competing with you with regard to this world then compete with him concerning the Hereafter."

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
A friend cannot be considered a friend until he is tested in three occasions: in time of need, behind your back, and after your death.

- Ali ibn abi Talib (radiAllah anhu)

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Abdullah ibn Mas'ud radiAllahu anhu said:

“Look for you heart in three places:

1. When you are listening to the Quraan,
2. in the circles of remembrance [of Allaah]
3. and when you are alone.

If you don’t find it in these places, then ask Allaah to bless you with a heart for indeed you have no heart.”

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
To admonish your brother in private is to advise him and improve him. But to admonish him publicly is to disgrace and shame him.

- Imam Shafi (rahimullah)

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
My son, when you pray, do it like a person who is bidding farewell to this world, and don�t assume you will have another chance to pray again. My son, know that a believer dies in between two deeds, one he offers for today, where he will get immediate blessings, and the second deed is what he offers towards the day of resurrection, and that is where he will gain the ultimate benefits

- Muadh Ibn Jabal (radiAllahu anhu)

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
Yearning for Allah and His meeting is like the gentle breeze blowing upon the heart, extinguishing the blaze of the Dunya. Whosoever caused his heart to settle with his Lord shall be in a state, calm and tranquility, and whosoever sent it amongst the people shall be disturbed and excessively perturbed.

- Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
The World is three days: As for yesterday, it has vanished, along with all that was in it. As for tomorrow, you may never see it. As for today, it is yours, so work in it.

- Hassan al-Basri

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
The Muslim ummah is an unique ummah among the whole of mankind: Their Land is One, their War is One, their Peace is One, theirHonor is One and their Trust is One.
- Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam)
[narrated by Ahmad]

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
The root meaning of Taqwa is to avoid what one dislikes. It was reported that Umar bin Al-Khattab asked Ubayy bin Ka`b about Taqwa. Ubayy said, "Have you ever walked on a path that has thorns on it'' 'Umar said, "Yes." Ubayy said, "What did you do then" He said, "I rolled up my sleeves and struggled." Ubayy said, "That is Taqwa."

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
Nobody Can Remove Hurt Except Allah. Even if someone tries to cause you any hurt, stay firm in your belief and remember that no one can cause you any pain if Allah does not desire it for you

"And if Allah touches you with hurt, there is none who can remove it but He; and if He intends any good for you, there is none who can keep back His favour; He brings it to whom He pleases of His servants; And He is the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

- Qur'an, surah Yunus; 10:107

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
Being married forces you to fine tune those not-so-great-aspects of yourself and strive to be better. Love comes in here too; when you are in a loving relationship (and in love and loved); you have this amazing reservoir of energy within you that allows you to flourish and nurture. It brings out the best in you and makes you strive to be better because someone cares and loves you; and vice versa. It is kind of like how we instinctively react to another's perception of us, when they think well of us and believe in us, we want to do even better; but when they disparage us we will get defensive. Is it any wonder that our beloved prophet (saw) said that marriage is half of faith?

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
Listen to your heart and not your ego. Your ego prompts you to boast of vain assertions to obtain the glory of this world. Turn away from vanity and seek Him in the recesses of your heart and soul

-Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jillani

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
The one who admonishes his brother secretly, he has advised sincerely and has honored him. If he does it outwardly (among others) then he has dishonored and shamed him.

- Imam ash-Shafi (rahimullah)

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
"Never do I argue with a man with a desire to hear him say
what is wrong, or to expose him and win victory over him.
Whenever I face an opponent in debate I silently pray -
O Lord, help him so that truth may flow from his heart
and on his tongue, and so that if truth is on my side, he may follow me;
and if truth be on his side, I may follow him."

- Imam Ash-Shafi (rahimullah)

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
As there is no darkness in the moonlight. So is Mustafa (Muhammad), the well wisher, bright.
- Abu Bakr as-Sideeq (radiAllahu anhu)