Times when it is forbidden to pray

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
As a non muslim and a newcomer to this site, I cannot believe all these comments about when and when not to pray. Prayer is a personal relationship with YHWh. G-d is available 24/24/7. Period. He wants nothing more than devotion to him. Most of what is said above is based on man made perceptions and not Koranic.
Hi BG,

No no, its not like that dear friend,

The Muslims must pray regularly at the times defined by Allaah for each prayer.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, As‑Salaah (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours”
[al-Nisa’ 4:103]

Allah swt has prescribed generaly in the Qur'an the prayer times, like: before sunrise or before the sunset etc. and it is the Messenger of Allah who was the one, after he was instructed by the angel Jibreel (a.s) how and when excactly to pray them and when not.

sugarbb

Assalammualaikum,

Thank you Alkhatiri & Islamic Fajr for the clarifications. Jazakallah Khair.:tti_sister:

BGfromGB

Sorry. But I just don/t get it. The Almighty is there 24/24/7. If you want to converse (pray) with him anytime, anywhere, anyhow, I am sure he will welcome it. I know I have brought this up before, but I can't understand how Allah would be so 'regimental' in the way we pray to him. Its just not like him. What is the significance of this set time for prayers.We are his people not his slaves.

justoneofmillion

Sorry. But I just don/t get it. The Almighty is there 24/24/7. If you want to converse (pray) with him anytime, anywhere, anyhow, I am sure he will welcome it
of course Allah swt is available 24/7 there is no doubt about that the 5 times daily prayer is the main ritual prayer if you want
in order to establish a harmonious and deciplined conduct so that for example when muslims go to the mosque they have to stand shoulder to shoulder with one another without letting any space in between to symbolise somehow the spirit of oneness and brotherhood whethere one is rich,poor, red,black white or green ,everything is related see nothing is put there without reason,there are also other forms of worshiping and "communicating" with ALLAH swt the arabic language for example or muslims in general use the name of god or some word in remembrance of god the whole day long things like alhamdulillah, subhanallah, jazakallah or bissmillah or by simply giving a smile to one another or charity or keeping the oppressed from being harmed or depriving oneself to give to others ,this are all forms of worshiping god and clean oneself from our own ego and greed. so the worship of god or prayer is already present in the "muslim vocabulary" if you wanna call it like that. peace