to die!?

Rimatisma

^^^ما لي وللدنيا؟^^^
:salam2:
two questions:
can a muslim ask Allah to die early in this life?
can a muslim wish to die?

jazakom Allah khayr

aelshamy

Alsalamou alaikom

There is Hadith I know it in arabic And I will try to translate it as accurate as I can.
Rasoul Allah salla allaho aliah wa salam Said: "Do not any one of you wish to die, and if he has no way but to ask Allah for that, then he should say: Allahouma keep me alive as long as life is better for me and let me die if death is better for me"
would in any body who knows this hadith translate it in a better inglish

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2: sister :)

think of the good times you had sister... we are all tested in different times, so hang in there sister :)

for first question
Is it permissible to wish for death for fear of losing one's faith
I used to be a religiously committed girl who was seeking knowledge, but I drifted away from righteous friends without meaning to, then I started neglecting to seek knowledge because of weak faith, and my marriage was delayed so I started to watch foreign movies and the matter is getting worse. In the past I suffered from a psychological illness and I have nearly been cured, but my current situation makes me anxious and I relax by watching movies. I do not have the responsibility of a husband or children or studies; I have finished my studies and have no opportunity to work in the place where I live. To be honest I hope I will die soon; by Allaah, this is not in order to run away from the decree of Allaah, but because I am afraid that my negligence will increase and that when I die I will have wandered from the path that leads to Paradise. Please advise me, may Allaah bless you.

answer

Praise be to Allaah.

Although you have drifted away from righteous friends without meaning to, but you could have avoided neglecting to seek knowledge and being careless in watching and listening to haraam things. What happened to you after that may be because of the effect of those sins. We have mentioned some of those effects in our answer to question no. 23425, which we hope you will look at.

There are many women like you who have delayed marriage, but they have not done what you did. Rather they make use of their time to memorize Qur’aan, seek knowledge and call people to Allaah. This is the way in which Allaah opens hearts and puts minds at rest, and this is the way in which Allaah makes worldly matters easy for those who follow it.

Your wishing for death because you fear becoming more careless and committing more sins is a great mistake. Rather you should only wish for death when you are in a better situation than you are at present. It is up to you: you can take charge of yourself and go back to the way you were, and do better than that, in sha Allaah. But you have to be honest with yourself and hasten to go back to the way that Allaah likes and is pleased with.

Not everyone who wishes for death will get what he wants; hence we are afraid that your situation may become even worse, which is what makes the Shaytaan happy and angers the Most Merciful. You have to realize that. Your wish for death is not the solution to your problem. Rather the solution is to repent sincerely and to do that which pleases Allaah, and to make up for what you have missed of actions that are pleasing to Allaah.

Perhaps you know that what has happened to you and what Allaah has decreed for you may be better for you, if you come back to Allaah, because you will regret what has happened and you will do more acts of obedience and worship, and Allaah will turn the bad deeds that have been recorded against you into good deeds. This is the bounty of Allaah towards His slaves.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said:

Whoever thinks that a person who has committed sin and then repents will be lacking is making a great mistake, for the condemnation and punishment that may befall the sinner do not affect the one who repents from sin at all. If he hastens to repent from sin then nothing will affect him, but if he delays repentance then he may be affected by some condemnation and punishment during the period between committing sin and repenting.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 10/309.

And he said:

But a person may do something haraam and then repent, and that is good for him if he repents from it, and by repenting he may become humble and soft-hearted, and more devoted to Allaah. Sins may serve an interest if one repents from them, because if a person does not commit sin he may become arrogant, filled with self-admiration and hard-hearted, but if he commits sin, that humbles him and softens his heart because of his repentance.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 14/474

See also the answer to question no. 21677, which describes how to treat anxiety and depression.

And Allaah is the Guide to the straight path.
Islam Q&A

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/22880/wish death

for second question...
I have great problems in my work and in my social life. Is it permissible for me to wish for death?

answer

Praise be to Allaah.

Your state is like that described by the poet:

“If death were for sale I would buy it.

This life is something in which there is nothing good.”

This is wrong. It is not permissible for the believer to wish for death. If he has to say something, then let him recite the du’aa’ that has been reported for such cases.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Let not any one of you wish for death because of some harm that has befallen him. If he must wish for something then let him say, ‘O Allaah, keep me alive so long as life is good for me, and let me die when death is good for me.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari (al-Fath), 11/154)

From al-Eemaan bi’l-Qadaa’ wa’l-Qadar by Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem al-Hamad, p. 159

source: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/9846/wish death

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

we should never make dua to ALLAH SWT for something that is haram. wishing for death in reality is no different than committing suicide. which of course is haram in islam and almost every major religion in the world. it would be foolish to wish for death. if you really ask yourself, do you really believe that you are ready for death? do you believe that it is a given that you will enter jannah? what if you wished for death and ALLAH SWT granted your wish and you found yourself in the jahanaam? life can be tough sometimes but even your worst time on earth cannot equal the horror of jahanaam. we have to be patient in this life and realize that this life is full of tests and we need to maintain our sabr ( patience ). ALLAH SWT has surely said that verily with hardship comes ease. so be patient and strive hard to reach jannah.
:wasalam:

nori suja'i

pls dont ask Allah to die sister,
remember each individuals have task? only with patience we will success. i used to become so disappointed but i know its only a test from Allah just be patience and pray hard insyaAllah eveything will get better than before.

i guess this do'a is suite for any situasion:

Bismillahi robbi (With The Name of Allah my God)
Allahu hasbi (Allah The Gracious One)
Tawaqqaltu Alaullah (I seek refuge to Allah)
Iktasomtu billa (The Perfection Belongs to Allah)
Fawattu amrii Ilaullah (I seek completion to Allah)
Maashaa Allah (Whatever happen is with Allah's
will)
La haulawala quata illa billah. (i have no power without
your help).

This do'a was given to me by my late father who got
it from an Ulama (the late Uztaz AlJufri) from Indonesia who came here. Sorry i made it romanised as i only know how to read arabic but not good in writing it..

Wassalaam.

Rimatisma

^^^ما لي وللدنيا؟^^^

may Allah reward you all with jannah insha'Allah

and jazakom Allah khay for the hadiths... good daleel masha'Allah..

may Allah lead us all to the right!