Using the prayer beads

Imad

Assalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabaraktuh,

Please use your fingers if you are doubting. This is the manner of our prophet Sallalahu 3alaihi wassalem. You are always on the right way if you follow our prophet Sallalahu 3alaihi wassalem.

Wassalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabaraktuh

*Saniyah*

ukhtikum fillaah
yup it's important to make Dhikr, but think about it, on the DAY OF JUDGEMENT if you make Dhikr on your fingers, your fingers will speak up on your behalf when your mouth will be sealed. YOU CANNOT say the same of an inanimate object, it can't nor will ever speak, so yes, it does matter. A matter of Sunnah, reward, and importance.

Would you rather have just the reward of Dhikr, or follow the Sunnah, have a spokesman on the most difficult day and do Dhikr - recieving whatever reward you do by it?

:wasalam:

:salam2:

:mashallah: I agree with you sis.

If we look closely around us, the Buddhist monks also uses the prayers beads to keep count of their chants. This practice was probably started by the Buddhist religion. If so then who should we emulate our beloved prophet or the Buddhist monks?
I feel this is bidaah because I started using it thinking that this was a Islamic practice. Now that I discovered the truth, I have abandoned that practice. My advice to all if we follow truth stay away from things that we might unconsciously give other people misinfomation about Islam.

Neither am I saying it is haram to use it.

Akhi why you are contradaction yourself?

Isn´t it haram if it is symbol of other religions? Isn´t it haram to practise bidaah?

First you have to know what is called according to islamic shariah bidah. Not everything which is done after prophet mohammad(sw) fall in the catagory of bidah.

I think these proofs brought to us by brother Mu2min is enough for us to know that it is a bid'ah. The Prophet never did or approved of it. Using it is done in an act of worship all acts of worship are haraam except what has been legaslated by Allah and His Messenger. Further more it is not none from the sahaba that they used it. You should take the statement of Ibn Mas'ood into account do we think we are better then the sahaba, they avoided it and seen it as a bid'ah.

akhi dont give yourown fatwa.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11719

Dear Brothers and Sisters.. It becomes an innovation or BIDAA if it replaces a "EBADA" or an act of worship. So we if know that the prophet ( PBUH ) has only used his fingers t count and to do Zikr, so why then innovate?

The practise of sahaba(rd) is not bidah and its allowed.
We have allready discussed it from the practise of sahaba(rd)

ANd dont be hurry to call something bidah.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27525