Vegetarianism is best

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalaamu Alaykum
Here's something I would never expect myself to say. Vegetarianism is best for all Muslim[ah]s; even those who live in Muslim countries!

http://www.islamicconcerns.com/

Vegetarianism is in no way against the Shari'a. However, saying "eating meat is Haraam" is "making Haraam what Allah has made Halal" (a great sin). Avoid meat, brothers and sisters, but don't tell yourself or others that it is Haraam. Tell them that it is the safe way both physically and spiritually.

faiz_fauzi

Assalamualaikum!

Its up to u to control ur diet or what u eat.As long as it is halal and permissible its is ok.Vegetables are good be we also need protien and carb also rite?So as long as u can stay healthy its ok.

JazakALLAHU Khair!

umm hussain

halal

As much as I agree that there are people who claim that the meat they sell is halal and in fact isnt. There are a few other places that are genuinely halal. I dont know about the states but here in England you get halal monitoring places where there is traceability of where the animals are from, how they are looked after and how they are slaughtered. As for milk and eggs I only buy organic after finding out about how the animals are kept.

I lived in a relatively Muslim area with probably 10+ 'halal' butcheries, only to find out that only 2 were in fact halal monitored on a regular basis by the Halal meat commission. Even though the methods of slaughter are clear in Islam some ignorant people believe you can stun a chicken first and then cut its throat before it dies then it is still halal. Why anyone would want to stun it in the first place is still beyond me but I heard it is all to do with profit but Allah knows best.

Since moving to birmingham I found a place where they sell unstunned halal meat reared in organic standards and to be honest it does taste different and I dont think it is psychological. I am originally from Africa and to be honest when I first came to this country I was put off meat, especially the chicken I couldnt understand why it smelt so bad and even after cooking it there remained blood in it especially towards the bone and lamb really smelt bad and i just couldnt eat it and you have to remember I was buying from Supermarkets because i wasnt muslim then. With time though we stopped buying meat there because since we lived in a muslim area we saw a lot of butcheries 'like' back home, so started buying halal meat it tasted different but still there was a bit of doubt anyway to cut a long story short after accepting Islam we were told the other butchers were not in fact halal and we found the halal certified butchery. In the country I am from they slaughter animals according to how muslims do it, I mean the actually cutting with a sharp knife in a certain place and they are free to roam around and eat naturally.

The meat shop in Birmingham that is against cruelty to animals, and against stunning is http://www.nationalhalal.com/halal.php. If for some reason it is in appropriate to post the link just remove it.

:salam2:
Just i want to say for Vegetarian (non-muslims) who say that eating meat or fish is "cruel" because the animals are slaughtered.
So what about Potato, tomato, eggs and all plants etc. and etc. vegetables and plants are not among "the Living" ? They are even the basis of life on earth ?
Even the Oxygne O2 is full of microorganisms.
So please don't be cruel with those plants and vegetables.
:lol:
:wasalam:

NaXuS

Wut ever Allah made clearly halaal is halaal n no one else has the authority to over write it.

If i favor one halaal food over another then there is nothing wrong with it but i have no right to force my choice on others because i,m not God n i dont have the wisdom to understand every thing.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

I understand your points but you can't make a statement like "Vegetarianism is best for all Muslim[ah]s". Allah(swt) knows what's best for us. It might be the best option in some places, but in places where genuine halal meat is easily available, whats to stop you from consuming what Allah made permissible?

yusuf

Asalam Alaikum (peace be upon you)

I must agree with

Brother Abdul-Raheem

I understand your points but you can't make a statement like "Vegetarianism is best for all Muslim[ah]s". Allah(st) knows what's best for us. It might be the best option in some places, but in places where genuine halal meat is easily available, whats to stop you from consuming what Allah made permissible?

And and as for The rest watch this video and it will be more clear to you
and to the people who think Meat is bad for health or being vegetarian is better !

Part 1 :

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-3775022861563813322&q=zakir+naik

Part 2 :

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-1719204291514655475&q=zakir+naik

Its a Debate By Dr Zakir Naik ....

Please do watch it.

Salam Alaikum ........

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalaamu Alaykum
I'm in no way saying "meat is bad for your health". Wine has been proven to be good for your health, correct? But as the Qur'an says: "the bad outweigh the good". Meat isn't bad when it comes to health, but meat is a VERY shaky subject when it comes to Islam.

The mere fact that we don't know if our meat was killed by a Christian, Muslim, or Jew makes it questionable. The mere fact that most Western meat industries have ex-employees claiming that they abuse the animals (Allah (SWT) makes Haraam all animals who were killed with a violent blow and such; something Western meat industries usually do).

To brother Abdul Raheem - I didn't mean it as in "avoiding meat is best and do not eat vegetables". I just meant that it's the safest way.

I'm not making Haraam what's Halal. I'm just saying that it's a safe way to do things. HOWEVER, sin won't be on you when you eat meat.

Allah (SWT) has forbidden meat that had the animal killed violently (as Western meat industries do a LOT according to ex-employees and "undercover animal rights workers"). Allah (SWT) has also forbidden meat killed by someone who isn't a Christian, Muslim, or a Jew.

The Prophet Muhammad :)saw:) says: "What's Halal is clear and what's Haraam is clear. Avoid all in between lest ye fall into sin" (or something along those lines). Questionable meat, as is common around the world unless you yourself slaughter the animal or watch it get slaughtered, we should avoid (though no sin will be upon you if you take a risk) unless we accidently eat Haraam meat (but "Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful").

Also, I'm not complaining because animals get slaughtered. But, Allah (SWT) does forbid meat in which the animal was slaughtered in a way too painful for it (such as ripping it's head off, as the meat company Tyson sometimes does). I'm not an animal rights activist, but you must remember (and do NOT make fun of what Allah (SWT) has commanded) that Allah (SWT) has forbidden meat that was killed by a:

Violent Blow (ripping heads off animals, slamming them against walls (KFC sometimes does this), electrical shock, mutilating animals, etc.)
Carrion Meat (meat that has been killed, also known as "Range Meat" or meat that lets the animal die naturally first)
And other things. Look it up in the Qur'an.

We must remember that Allah (SWT) has approved of animals being slaughtered by slicing it's neck and esophagus. The reason? I believe the Prophet Muhammad :)saw:) said that it's because that is the way that gives the animal the least pain since it kills it off the fastest. Meaning that any animal which is killed in a slow, painful way would be either Makrooh (extremely disliked) or Haraam.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

I understand what you mean Brother and I agree. If you are in doubt whether the meat has been slaughter in an unislamic way, it's best to leave it.

MubarekMuslimah

"I understand what you mean Brother and I agree. If you are in doubt whether the meat has been slaughter in an unislamic way, it's best to leave it"

Salaams

I agree with the above statement and vegetarianisam is fine if thats what someone wants to do - I know a girl who gets migraines every time she eats meat.

However its not great for everyone - one brother I know was vegetarian and he and his wife had problem having kids. he also started to lose his hair early. He started eating red meat again and though his hair didn't come back, they now have a beautiful baby! Who knows, maybe unrelated but alhamdullilah they had success when he resumed eating meat. I guess it depends on the other things in your diet though and general lifestyle and this in no way means people who are vegetarian will suffer health problems - just that you should be aware of how a radical change in diet can affect you individually.

Allah swt knows best.

Salaams

maymun

ammatu allah

to be vegeterian is the best trust me.
I was vegetian for there months, but when day i used to eat a red meat however I felt more healthier and of course if u don't want be vegeterin that's ok as the other brother and sisters said.LOL
<then on that day, ye will be asked concerning pleasure. 102:8>

aNiSa 76

Assalaamu Alaykum
Here's something I would never expect myself to say. Vegetarianism is best for all Muslim[ah]s; even those who live in Muslim countries!

Vegetarianism is in no way against the Shari'a. However, saying "eating meat is Haraam" is "making Haraam what Allah has made Halal" (a great sin). Avoid meat, brothers and sisters, but don't tell yourself or others that it is Haraam. Tell them that it is the safe way both physically and spiritually.

Assalamualaikum
I think at least the meat is halal we can eat it. But when its haram it is a completly bad sin.

louise_soso

wa alaykum salam

it depends on your intention i am vegeterian because of my living situation its not easy for me to get meatand my family dont eat halal .
Also i heard that the prophet (pbuh) sometimes only got to eat meat once a month.is this true?
Some people need meat in thier diet so aslong as its halal then thier intention is to keep themselves healthy .
i

strive-may-i

Pescatarian is really healthy :) . But you know the oceans are depleting very fast.

I have observed, many who are really careful about whether its truly Halaal are not, do infact, totally skip meat outside and pick it from truly trusted vendors/butchers. In some countries, buyer can perform the slaughter himself, its best way to do it. When You know your family head. or brother or uncle whose Islamic way is evident, has performed slaughter, such meat actually feels better !! But its not possible in many countries.

Whole of Humanity avoiding meat completely is a bad Idea. There are benefits of eating meat, and one would need a large quantity of vegetarian equivalents to supplement it. Its best to stick to a food source thats abundant is ones geography. Lets say there is a vast wasteland where wild grass grows, and edible crops never grows there. The food source for humans would be the animals that graze these lands.. Same applies to coastal areas as well as hilly arid regions.

And to those who say eating meat should be avoided because you kill an animal. The counter-argument I have placed is "Every human eats a Living being". Even plants too loose their ability to regenerate when the life in cell is destroyed. And morever, Almighty has prescribed what to eat, how to eat and how much to eat. Fill the need the best way, dont fill the greed.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Halal food are the best!

Assalaamu Alaykum

~~~
Asslamu'alaikum!

Halal food are the best!

Subhanallah!
Alhamdulillah!

Thank you Allah swt for the good foods and drinks and make us the best muslim~Amin!

~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Once upon a time I was a vegetarian.

With marriage and two sons..meat and potatoes were mandatory.

Minus the husband and two teenage sons..meat and potatoes are mandatory with the entire contents of the refrigerator gone in a day. A loaf of bread lasts a day!

Rice and beans; homemade biscuits and gravy; we all are vegetarians sometimes in our lives.

Allah has given us so much to taste and enjoy and I do it all except for liver and onions ( yuck )

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

I like rabbits because they are tasty. Not because they look cute.

Specially with olive oil and garlic.

That much vegetarian I am.

:muslim_child:

ebulfeth

Assalaamu Alaykum

assalamo alaiqom
Allah knows the best.
even though i might respect i do not agree with you. first of all vegeterianism is an indian religion ( because they belive reincarnation nd belive that animals have human souls) and the holy qur'an says "the only religion on Allah's (jalla jalaloh) layer is islam". and thats why all propets told -the unity of Allah and the religion sent by-. you may believe that eating meat is not for you or you may not like eating. or maybe you may not belive that its healthy. besides nobody can force you to et meat. on the other hand not all kinds of meat is permitted in islam which is a great thing when you think about it carefully. also eating meat has its benefits for human body which you can see after a simple search. in addition there are some people who have to eat meat and animal products. i think this will be more explanatory if i give you my own example. i have a serious, continuous vitamin B12 loss in my blood. i am to get injected every week and have to eat meat esspecially liver in order to protect my memory, amount of blood, my awareness and stamina. finally you dont have to eat meat but i strongly suggest you to get other animal products like milk and egss.
i hope i didnt make you bored with my simple words.
Allah knows the best.
my respect to all.