Waiting list at the islamic school :-(

trying2learn

I have been planning on sending my daughter to the private school near my home, because it is an islamic school. Next year will be her first year in school. I occassionally go to the school's website waiting for the new documents for next school year to be posted (the application and financial assistance forms) and yesterday I saw that there is a waiting list for k4 now! While this made me very happy, because this means that more parents want their children to go to the islamic school, it made be nervous to know that my child might not get into the school. I am determined to give her a good education, and an islamic education, because I cannot teach her everything she needs to know yet, although I have begun to teach her how to pray and she LOVES to pray she asks me to get her prayer clothes abot 12 times a day, she doesnt know the words to the prayer yet, alothough she knows the movements, she goes into the bathroom each time to make wudu, and during her prayer she says Allahu Akbar over and over, but she feels the urge to pray in her heart and I thank Allah for this. :tti_sister:
If she does not get into the school next year does anyone have any ideas how I can teach her at home? She will still be too young to start an online school, I have looked into that, I just REALLY don't want to send her to public school here. Public school is America is like sending a child into pure sin every day.:SMILY26: Thank you all!

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Oh no :( Insha'allah she will get in. On home-schooling, I know there are websites that sell Islamic homeschool curriculum, but you must make sure it's approved by a state agency. I'm not sure how thats done but I know you must do that.

Also, I went to public school...It was a good education...

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
oh.... it is really sad...i knw these public skools are like pathettic,there are tbe chances of a pure person to get dirty with the sins..i dont knw what to do...sis ill pray for u ..n if i get ny idea..ill let u knw my sweety :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Home schooling is becoming a very popular idea. Most school systems will help you with the curriculum state standards. There are a multitude of websites that will help you develop lesson plans etc.

My concern, as a public school teacher, is this: yes, you are correct. Some of the things that face children in public school settings are short of sins. But, what you teach your child at home carries with them to school. I have witnessed students who were able to maintain a 4.0 gpa in the worst schools and end up with scholarships to Ivy League schools.

Most importantly, public school prepares children to interact in the world. At a young age children need to develop social skills; they keep those for the rest of their lives.

An Islamic education is critical; however do we really want our children to attend a school system that does not have them prepared to work? I do not have the answers. I simply have more questions. Most children will not be working with Muslims. They will have to interact with others. Keeping them at home and/or in a very segregated setting may not provide the richest environment for them.

trying2learn

I would not be so hardened about sending her to public school here if there were not girls as young as 9 and 10 getting pregnant in school. I went to public school, and it was great for me, but my step daughter goes to public school and she is sooooooooo far off of the right path it is scary. I guess my concern would be that yes if I teach her well at home she will not go astray while in school, but she will be in classes and friends with children whose parents may not care like I do. This is a VERY tough situation, and I am trying to make the best decision for my daughter, insha Allah the right choice will present itself.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I feel you sister. I have seen it all. But, keep in mind a good teacher and a happy home keep young girls interested in Barbie dolls.
The very young pregnancies are few and far in between. Those poor girls drop out. They are not ready for taking care of baby nor the fact the next week her "man" is sleeping with her best friend. ( I have had to stop fights with those, I know I am crazy).

Abnd I yell and scream at my sons everyday: You are Muslim and you will act Muslim..you are to exhibit the best of manners no matter what.