War in Iraq?

hellbraker

Do you believe that Babylon is or is in Iraq?

If so do you think what Isaiah and Jeremiah told about Babylon,its destruction and about the war was relevant /is/will be before/now/ or in future?

Examples for this can be found in Jeremiah 50 through 51 and in Isaiah

Jeremiah 50:8-10

Escape from Babylonia,

my people.

Get out of that country!

Don't wait for anyone else.

9 In the north I am bringing

great nations together.

They will attack Babylon

and capture it.

The arrows they shoot

are like the best soldiers, always finding their target.

10 Babylonia will be conquered,

and its enemies will carry off

everything they want.

Or

Jeremiah 50:41-42

Babylonia Is Invaded
The LORD said:
41 Far to the north,

a nation and its allies

have been awakened.

They are powerful

and ready for war.

42 Bows and arrows and swords

are in their hands.

The soldiers are cruel

and show no pity.

The hoofbeats of their horses

echo

like ocean waves

crashing against the shore.

The army has lined up for battle

and is coming to attack you,

people of Babylonia!

Do you think that this has already been happened or it will happen in the future.Or do you dont believe any of this at all?

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Do you believe that Babylon is or is in Iraq?

If so do you think what Isaiah and Jeremiah told about Babylon,its destruction and about the war was relevant /is/will be before/now/ or in future?

Examples for this can be found in Jeremiah 50 through 51 and in Isaiah

Jeremiah 50:8-10

Escape from Babylonia,

my people.

Get out of that country!

Don't wait for anyone else.

9 In the north I am bringing

great nations together.

They will attack Babylon

and capture it.

The arrows they shoot

are like the best soldiers, always finding their target.

10 Babylonia will be conquered,

and its enemies will carry off

everything they want.

Or

Jeremiah 50:41-42

Babylonia Is Invaded
The LORD said:
41 Far to the north,

a nation and its allies

have been awakened.

They are powerful

and ready for war.

42 Bows and arrows and swords

are in their hands.

The soldiers are cruel

and show no pity.

The hoofbeats of their horses

echo

like ocean waves

crashing against the shore.

The army has lined up for battle

and is coming to attack you,

people of Babylonia!

Do you think that this has already been happened or it will happen in the future.Or do you dont believe any of this at all?
:salam2:
If that prophecy has any truth to it, then I believe it has already happened.
The Muslims conquered Babylon during the time of Abu Bakr (RA) and Umar (Ra). They were the best of soldiers.

Doesn't the prophecy (or part of it) also mention the army that conquers Babylon will destroy its idols? What idols are the Americans destroying, so I think the armies of the Muslims would be army in question because of their destruction of idolaters from Iraq.

Who knows how much truth there is to this passages. It could be true or have some truth or it could be total nonsense.

:wasalam:

Waseem203

Young Muslim
:salam2:
If that prophecy has any truth to it, then I believe it has already happened.
The Muslims conquered Babylon during the time of Abu Bakr (RA) and Umar (Ra). They were the best of soldiers.

Doesn't the prophecy (or part of it) also mention the army that conquers Babylon will destroy its idols? What idols are the Americans destroying, so I think the armies of the Muslims would be army in question because of their destruction of idolaters from Iraq.

Who knows how much truth there is to this passages. It could be true or have some truth or it could be total nonsense.

:wasalam:

Good answer. It appears that this would have something to do with the past, considering the talk about horses echoing on the ocean wave. Also if it was in the past the intention of the verse would be much clearer considering that in the past they were idolaters, and currently they are Muslims accepting the truth.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

Interesting responses. However, it is a very open "prophecy" if it is indeed one. If you read it carefully, it fits the description of the Mongols and their leader who destroyed Babylon, Hulagu Khan. The Mongols were probably the best horseback archers, and were indeed "cruel soldiers" who showed "no pity" to the Muslims (read the various accounts of the sacking of Baghdad etc) as well as others. Anyway, the Bible as we know has truth and has falsehood, and we'd probably be wasting our time concerning ourself with what these verses mean, as they are most likely the words of men... We should if anything, concern ourselves with the prophecies of the Messenger, `alayhi salaatu was-salaam, and those that have yet to or have possibly occured.

Was-salaam