"WAR on TERROR"

Achmat_Samsodien

:salam2:
Brothers and Sisters

Being a South African brother I cannot help but sit and notice the state of things surrounding this country. First we had the Xenophobic attacks, I don't kow what got into the people here but they caused so much havoc they've destroyed and displaced many of our fellow muslim brothers and sisters from Somalia, Malawi, Zimbabwe etc. These people sort refuge in our country but now they've lost everything due to jealousy, these people were succcessful in business and it's something the local people cannot take. The problem lies in the mentality of lotes of people here, they feel the world owes them something so they're too lazy to go out and seek lawful sustenance. Despite this tragic set of events, Alhamdulillah something good has come out of it. It made many muslims re-evaluate themselves and brought some of us closer to Allah Alhamdulillah! It shows that the saying is true, "We might not like something but it's good for you and it might be that we love something and it is bad for you. In the end Allah knows that which we do not."

In saying that, I just wanted to point out one thing. Our neighbouring country, Zimbabwe, is undergoing a terrible period. They're ruled by a tyrant whose intermitated, killed and exiled anyone who opposes him. My question is, where AMERICA? they claim to fight for freedom and democracy but here we have people really crying for help, for a real change and the world is silent. The South African president can't even do anything which is sickening, we've got a president whose never in his own country and never knows the state of affairs and then we have a successor to him which has been accused of RAPE and corruption among other things :astag:. The OPPRESSED has become the OPPRESSOR! I request that anyone who reads this just say a du'a for all oyr brothers and sisters who undergoing hardships. I still wanna know where is the GREAT UNITED STATES??? It just shows that the entire reason for them attacking Iraq was for monetary gain and a direct attack on Islam.

We all know that after hardship comes ease and alhamdulillah we all know that this is all the plan of Allah. I hope my post is informative to all you brothers and sisters insha allah.

May Allah give the muslims victory Insha Allah and may we all be united under ha banner of Laa-Illah-haIlallah-Muhammadu-Rasoolullah SAW!

P.S. This is my longest post ever

dianek

America

We are over extended in places we don't belong. And besides, people don't want us in their affairs, right? So what is the problem? America is the big bad evil until someone wants help.......I am not saying that I don't think we should be involved but isn't this how the world wants it........damned if we do, damned if we don't. I would love to see America pull out of every country bring our people home and secure our own borders and to hell with the rest of the world....you want to kill yourselves over politics or religion go right ahead. We need to keep our money here as there are people here losing their homes and unable to get healthcare or feed their kids. If that dumb monster Bush had any sense he would see the best way to secure the US is to use our men on OUR borders.....in our airports......maybe if we wait long enough the rest of the world will obliterate itself. Sorry....I am a humanitarian, I am....I want to see equal rights for all people, rapes and murder to end in Africa.....but I know longer believe that it should fall on the US to come in and try to save the world....It kills me that we have done NOTHING in Sudan or Congo. I believe the solution to these issues are the world community....so I believe the UN has to change its policy to become able to infiltrate and destroy corrupt regimes. In the meantime....petition Dave Matthews and Charlize Therron to support their native South Africa to be more involved in aiding it's neighbors.......celebrities can work wonders.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Better blame it on Capitalists and to tell you honestly the celebs can't do nothing as they are mere tools in the hands of the Capitalists. They put them wherever they want and as for United Nations their are already charges against them for crimes like rape, drugs and trafficking. :astag:

dianek

So why ask America for help then????????? Aren't we the anti-christs? That was my point.......don't curse us from one side of your mouth and then want to know why America isn't running to be involved.

My comment about celebs is that they do help draw attention to causes and being they are native there, they could have some gov't ties to coerse change.

Salaam,

The UN is nothing but a supporter of Western countries, including the U.S. The day it allows Palestine to join it's membership, then I'd recognize it's as a "peacekeeper" watchdog.

They are are corrupt organization with ineffective, inefficient & incompetent strategies & members. The UN has done nothing in Iraq, Afghanistan, or Africa.

We still don't about the disappearance of UN fund earmarked for tsunami relief in Indonesia and the exposure network of pedophile rape by UN "peacekeepers" in Africa (see related articles - U.N Faces More Accusation of Sexual Misconduct, U.N. Peacekeeper rape women & children)

NATO is no different than the U.N. (see related article - NATO must stop kiling innocent Afghans)

Let's not forget the "U.N. oil-for-food scandal." Where bribes, greed & corruption took over. Many Western countries (i.e. France, Germany) were putting billion in their pockets and the corrupt U.N. official were making million in kickbacks. That’s why the United Nations didn’t want America to go to war with Hussein. They were making billions of dollars with his regime.

dianek

ok so the UN is corrupt....obviously, but the question why is he looking to America to come running?

Mohsin

abdu'Allah

Maybe he is trying to tell us that US did what it did for other reasons rather than freedom .... can I say for OIL.

Why don't be brave like the Aussies and openly confess that they are there for OIL so that ppl like him stop complaining ?

Australia 'has Iraq oil interest'

dianek

You want to help, get involved....I am!

In the last couple of years, we have seen significant progress in the fight against poverty: more than 2 million people are receiving lifesaving AIDS medications and 29 million African children, once denied a basic education, are now in school.

Despite proven successes, the G8—8 of the world's most powerful countries – are largely failing to deliver on their promises to increase funds dedicated to fighting extreme poverty. The United States is one of the few G8 countries making progress on its commitments, but there is more we can do, and US leadership is essential to encouraging G8 progress.

Our moment to press the US and other G8 nations into action is quickly approaching as leaders of the G8 will gather in Japan on July 7.

Click the link below to add your name to the petition and ask G8 leaders to do their part and work to continue our success in the fight against poverty:
http://www.one.org/2008g8/o.pl?id=384-609606-Wz2qocx&t=2

Petition text:

We call upon you to build on recent success in fighting extreme poverty by delivering your commitments on healthcare, agriculture and education and by helping citizens in developing countries in their efforts to improve governance and fight corruption.
This petition builds upon our hunger crisis action in May, when 140,000 ONE members successfully urged President Bush into action in response to soaring food prices.

But the impact of the food crisis – millions teetering on the brink of poverty, riots in dozens of developing countries, and families forced to choose between meals and medicine – stems from a range of causes that demand the G8’s attention. Only by delivering on all of their commitments to the developing world can G8 leaders truly continue on previous successes and prevent future problems like the food crisis.

Please remind G8 leaders that fighting poverty works, but we have a long way to go:
http://www.one.org/g8/o.pl?id=384-609606-Wz2qocx&t=3

It is essential that G8 nations take this opportunity, while the world’s eyes are upon their summit, to show true leadership by addressing these problems and the underlying issues that cause them.

Thank you for your voice,

Josh Peck, ONE.org

P.S. PEPFAR, America’s response to the global emergency of AIDS, TB and malaria, is at a critical point in negotiations and we hope to have an update for you soon on the results of our campaign to pass it in the Senate.

dianek

Zimbabwe: What’s At Stake
June 26th, 2008 at 8:37 pm | posted by Nora Coghlan

Reports out of Zimbabwe paint the typical picture of a country in crisis: food shortages, political violence, an exodus of refugees, skyrocketing inflation- essentially, a country on the brink of collapse. The most frustrating part of this image is that Zimbabwe did not always look like this- in the early 1990s, it was considered one of Africa’s most promising countries. For starters, it had one of the strongest, most diverse economies in the region. It was not only a major mining center and tobacco exporter, but also a strong agricultural producer with potential to become a regional breadbasket. Social indicators were also improving. Zimbabwe boasted one of the region’s most well-educated populations, with an adult literacy rate around 90%. The government invested heavily in education in the 1980s and with the introduction of free primary school fees, Zimbabwe was able to achieve universal primary education by1990.

By the early 2000s, this potential was squandered, demonstrating that poor leadership can wipe away development progress in a matter of years. A combination of disastrous economic policies, one-party rule and the emergence of challenges like HIV/AIDS has left millions of Zimbabweans destitute. On the economic front, inflation is over one million percent. 80% of Zimbabweans have no formal job, and many have reverted to the subsistence economy. Drought and a disastrous land redistribution policy have led to a dramatic decline in agricultural production and some 5 hectares of idle land. The United Nations (UN) now estimates that 4.1m people will face serious food shortages in Zimbabwe in 2008.

Health indicators have also fallen sharply. Zimbabwe faces the world’s fourth highest HIV/AIDS prevalence rate, and life expectancy has dropped from 61 years during the early 1990s to 34 years at the end of 2005. Shortages in personnel, equipment and supplies have ravaged the health system and led to sharp rises in infant and child mortality. Gross economic mismanagement and dictatorship have also meant that Zimbabweans have not been able to benefit from the scale-up in donor assistance for health like other Africans have. According to UNICEF, Zimbabwe receives the lowest donor support in southern Africa for people living with HIV, at only $4 per person per year; for comparison, in neighboring Zambia the figure is $184 per person per year.

What this all demonstrates is the potential that a fair, democratic election could hold for Zimbabwe’s future. While one election will not fix all of Zimbabwe’s problems, it will open a window of opportunity for the country to get back on track and recover what’s been lost. Countries like Rwanda and Mozambique have demonstrated the remarkable recoveries that are possible after the most destructive civil conflicts. Keys to success in these stories were not only a government dedicated to development, but strong support from the international community. That is why it is vital that the international community is not only strong in demanding free and fair elections, but is poised and ready to offer support once Zimbabwe has a chance at recovery.

-Nora Coghlan

Salaam,

This is a side note with regards to AIDS - scientists and doctors are not being honest to people. Instead of telling people that we shouldn't allow illegitimate sex, homosexuality, they promote "safe sex."

When you're in 6th grade, they show you cartoons and anatomy of the human body. They always say use condoms, etc etc. They make it seem like the generation before us were ignorant and did not know anything about sex. Sex is in the nature of a man & woman. Even animal have knowledge of this inherited nature. We don't need to sex education in 6th grade instead they should teach people that illegitimate, premarital sex, homosexuality is wrong!

Idris16

THE PEOPLE IN SOUTHAFRICA ARE HORRIBLE TO SOMALIS. IT'S NOT THE FIRST TIME SOMALIS BEING KILLED IN SOUTH AFRICA.

I DON'T WANT U.S TO BE IN ZIMBABWE. Achmat_Samsodien WHY DO YOU WANT THE U.S TO BE IN ZIMBABWE? THE WORST REGIME IN THE WORLD IS THE U.S.

Achmat_Samsodien

Not getting the point

ok so the UN is corrupt....obviously, but the question why is he looking to America to come running?

Do you really think I want the help of America? I'm just pointing out the false justification of their war in Iraq. Why even mention celebrities they are people of no Imaan and mean absolutely nothing to me so to do these puppet politicians.

The Point of my post was just to show that there is an attack on islam all over the world.

Achmat_Samsodien

THE PEOPLE IN SOUTHAFRICA ARE HORRIBLE TO SOMALIS. IT'S NOT THE FIRST TIME SOMALIS BEING KILLED IN SOUTH AFRICA.

I DON'T WANT U.S TO BE IN ZIMBABWE. Achmat_Samsodien WHY DO YOU WANT THE U.S TO BE IN ZIMBABWE? THE WORST REGIME IN THE WORLD IS THE U.S.

Dear brother/sister as a muslim I don't want the American government near anybody I'm just trying to prove a point on there so calle "WAR ON TERRROR" which is a war on islam. I apologise if I gave you the wrong impression

safiya58

America attecked Iraq to bring democracy and freedom there ... to overturn Saddam Hussein who was a dictator and free the iraqis of this brutal leader....

What the brother want to say is If America is in Iraq to help the people there and to overturn a dictatorship then why just Iraq...? is it the only country in this hole wide world with dictatorship? The only country where there are no "democracy" and "Freedom"? The Americans do not give a damn about the iraqis it is all about oil, money and power.....

Thank you for posting this brother. May Allah protect you. jazah Allahu ckairan.

sha587

Shahid abdullah
They're ruled by a tyrant whose intermitated, killed and exiled anyone who opposes him. My question is, where AMERICA? they claim to fight for freedom and democracy

Please akhi dont call these animals for help once they heard someone needs help they will scramble.

Brother Mohsin pointed out exact reason. This is all because of capatalism.

Achmat_Samsodien

America attecked Iraq to bring democracy and freedom there ... to overturn Saddam Hussein who was a dictator and free the iraqis of this brutal leader....

What the brother want to say is If America is in Iraq to help the people there and to overturn a dictatorship then why just Iraq...? is it the only country in this hole wide world with dictatorship? The only country where there are no "democracy" and "Freedom"? The Americans do not give a damn about the iraqis it is all about oil, money and power.....

Thank you for posting this brother. May Allah protect you. jazah Allahu ckairan.

Shukran Sister Safiya that is exactly what I was trying to say, and Heegan (not sure if it's brother or sister) is correct. There is no political system acceptable for a muslim unless it is Shariah.

We are over extended in places we don't belong. And besides, people don't want us in their affairs, right?
That is true.
So what is the problem? America is the big bad evil until someone wants help.......
It's a big bad evil either way, and no that does not include its people who do not have any say in their government regardless of what president is in office because both major parties don't care about anyone but themselves and their big business cronies lobbying for wars and for Israel.
I am not saying that I don't think we should be involved but isn't this how the world wants it........damned if we do, damned if we don't.
The world has had enough of American imperialism and they're not looking for the country to be an "honest broker" because it is not, as is being seen in Palestine and Iraq.
I would love to see America pull out of every country bring our people home and secure our own borders and to hell with the rest of the world....
What is with the superiority complex? Do you honestly think the rulers of your country care about its people when its main supporters, big business, do not want you employed because you demand too much money from them? That's why they blow up the Islamic world and the 3rd world, because they can pay those in underdeveloped countries less which means more profit for them. Can't you see how many American businesses operate in Mexico more than in their native place because of the wealth they generate? Not for the employees but for the politicians and corporate executives. That's why a North American Union is being proposed
you want to kill yourselves over politics or religion go right ahead.
Your country is the one who kills others over politics and economics. Your country is the one who pits Muslims against Muslims, and your predecessors in colonialism (the British and French) carved up the Muslim world placing arbitrary borders dividing everyone, creating the sin of Nationalism to take hold. You're the country propping up dictators like Mubarak in Egypt, attacking progressive forces like the Islamic Courts in Somalia, and threatening bombing countries that are not hostile/pose no threats whatsoever like Iran and Iraq. This double-standard from America is disgusting.
We need to keep our money here as there are people here losing their homes and unable to get healthcare or feed their kids.
Because your economics (capitalism) is incompatible with evaluating, much less solving the problem of social inequalities. Rather it perpetuates the "wealthy get wealthier, and the poorer get poorer."
If that dumb monster Bush had any sense he would see the best way to secure the US is to use our men on OUR borders.....in our airports......
Security means less freedoms for people and less transparency. You also need less border security because nationalism is a disease, and besides Mexicans should have the right to move from their country that yours destroyed economically.
maybe if we wait long enough the rest of the world will obliterate itself.
As if the rest of the world has as many "WMD" as America. They are not compelled to take the risk of self destruction in the name of nationalism or profiteering.
Sorry....I am a humanitarian, I am....I want to see equal rights for all people, rapes and murder to end in Africa.....
How about seeing equal rights in your own country first before exporting "democracy"?
but I know longer believe that it should fall on the US to come in and try to save the world....It kills me that we have done NOTHING in Sudan or Congo.
Martin Luther King said "We were taking the black young men who had been crippled by our society and sending them eight thousand miles away to guarantee liberties in Southeast Asia which they had not found in southwest Georgia and East Harlem. And so we have been repeatedly faced with the cruel irony of watching Negro and white boys on TV screens as they kill and die together for a nation that has been unable to seat them together in the same schools. And so we watch them in brutal solidarity burning the huts of a poor village, but we realize that they would hardly live on the same block in Chicago. I could not be silent in the face of such cruel manipulation of the poor."

This still applies to today.
I believe the solution to these issues are the world community....so I believe the UN has to change its policy to become able to infiltrate and destroy corrupt regimes.
Better them than an imperialist hegemony.
In the meantime....petition Dave Matthews and Charlize Therron to support their native South Africa to be more involved in aiding it's neighbors.......celebrities can work wonders.
They're just spectacles, nothing more.