"We have Understood Tawhid!"

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah

AFTER teaching his book ‘Kitab at-Tawhid to his students for a couple of times or more, Imam Muhammad bin ‘Abdul-Wahhab wanted to repeat it again.

His students said: “O Sheikh, we wish to study another book, a book of fiqh or hadith.”

The Shaykh asked: “Why?”

His students said: “We have understood tawhid. We want to study another science.”

The Shaykh replied: “Wait, I shall give some thought to this.”

A few days later, the Shaykh came to class with a troubled face. His students asked him for the reason.

The Shaykh said he had come across something that angered him.

“It has been related to me that the inhabitants of a house sacrificed a rooster (for a Jinn) in front of their door. I have sent someone to confirm this affair.”

Few days later, the Shaykh said: “They did not sacrifice for other than Allah, but it was someone who fornicated with his mother.”

Shocked, his students exclaimed: “We seek refuge with Allah! He fornicated with his mother?!! We seek refuge with Allah! He fornicated with his mother...”

Shaykh al-Islam then showed them the ignorance of their statement - “We have understood Tawhid” - and that this was one of the greatest tricks of Satan.

The students exclaimed and expressed anger on hearing a great sin, but their hearts were not angered when a Major Shirk, sacrificing to other than Allah that exits one from Islam was mentioned.

They took a major sin to be greater than Shirk.

This also happens today. We are angered when we see great sins (which is good), but when we hear or see people doings acts of Shirk al-Akbar (Major Shirk) it does not move our hearts.

This proves our ignorance. It proves that we have not understood tawhid.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu AlaikumD:

and TRUE INDEED!!!! jazakaAllah khairan for sharing this with us!
Allah hafiz now and always!!!

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Sobhanallah!..what an analogy!..it really got me thinking *hard*..jazaki allah aj-jannah dear sister!

:wasalam:

:salam2:

mashAllah, this is an excellent example of being book smart and not applying the knowledge.

I was reading it slowly and didn't get it until the 3rd read.

all I kept on doing the first 2 times I read only up to the part where they professed the major sin, and trying to figure out why the first problem was not discussed. Then finally I read thru to the end and I got it. alhamudlillah.

jazaaki Allahu khaira

:wasalam:

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
As salamu 'alaikkum something that everyone needs to think about in shaAllah. Here is a video of the following event, that was discussed in a talk in our mosque :) Feel free to add it to the main post in shaAllah.

[yt]_l3etNlrN-U[/yt]

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
:salam2:

That is soo true May Allah give us all the tawfeeq to learn this spine and backbone in our deen, Our whole purpose in life is to have tawheed in believing in Allah alone SubhanaAllah

Jaza kallahu khair for posting this MashaAllah