• Judaism

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Sikhism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please state).

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters

Zarra

I was born to Protestant parents but followed the Catholic branch of Christianity. I didn't know much about Islam until about 5 years ago and although I believed in God I couldn't get past my doubts that Jesus pbuh could have been the son of God. It was only when I read in more detail about Islam that I realised this was the religion that made absolute sense to me and what Id been searching for all along, alhamdialah.

muharram23

Staff member
i guess u can say that i converted from Islam to Islam :). Not converted but reverted because as our beloved prophet s.v.a said that everyone is born in islam, but their parents make them a jew, a christian or a fire worshipper. 90 % of bosnians or even more are considered muslim but they dont pray, nor fast, nor do any islamic obligations except yeah when ramadan comes. But they would eat pork and drink alcohol

muharram23

Staff member
but then Allah .sva guided me and my family to practice the deen according to quran and sunnah, Alhamdulillah. It is beatiful to be a muslim in practice. Wish i was thankful to Allah s.v.a. I guess we can never thank him enough. Imagine when resulullah s.v.a used to pray long prayers at night. Aisa asked him once, why he s.v.s was praying so much when all his previus and future sins were forgiven, and he s.v.s replied, that shouldnt he be a thankful servant. How many of us pray many night prayers and say alhamdulllilah to Allah s.v.va? Im not one of them, wish i was. Barakallahu feekum, may Allah make us sincere for His sake, only.

Ameen

Assalamu alaykum
Muharram

aaminah

As a kid, I used to practice 2 religion(both christianity but different sect/belief/practices).. roman catholic in school(because school only allow catholic students) and iglesia ni cristo at home(because of relatives who took care of me) i was baptized two times. it was tough! Alhamdulillah, Allah led me to Islam, now I only have to follow ONE TRUE GOD. La Ilaha Ilallah!

Durriyyah

Forever Student
:salam2:

I considered myself Pagan but maybe it was more of agnostic. I knew there was a higher power but I didn't think it could be proven which religion was right and paganism just suited me at the time. Now I found Islam and I see that we CAN prove that one religion is right.

danial

its interesting how ppl of so many religions can find islam.its like wow! a pagan, a wiccan...some1 baptised twice...there can be no other answer to this miracle other than God hiimself.

arabiantxn

I too like many of my brothers and sisters have chosen others as my category. Unfortunately most of us Muslims are no better they you people who converted to Islam from other religions. Actually we are much worse. We were born into the religion so practiced it and mixed it with our cultures as how we saw it fit. We all like you joined this site to fulfill our quest and vanquish the empty parts of our soul .In essence we also rediscovered our religion much as you discovered our religion.

arabiantxn

For those of you who converted I truly respect you all for you are the righteous people who crossed all obstacles and found truth.